Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I would guess that you were never in even a fender bender. How many more miles til you hit 1,000,000?

You probably wouldn't like how I ski either.

A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

The thread is hilarious. People like wooley are the reason I90 sucks, people like highangle - upside down and in the middle of the road- are the reason US2 sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    You probably wouldn't like how I ski either.

Um. Looks like a cool spot. Those trees are so dense, that's funky, I never see that. Do you actually go downhill at some later point?

Hi! I'm the greatest driver ever because I get in the middle lane and never leave it. WTF?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

You shouldn't be cruising in the fast lane to start with my man. Get the fuck out of the passing lane unless you're passing. Not complicated.

Sometimes I get left to pass a bunch of people and I kinda snooze and forget to get right but I'm in the wrong there and I admit it freely. Get right.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Um. Looks like a cool spot. Those trees are so dense, that's funky, I never see that. Do you actually go downhill at some later point?
    Take a late lift up the north side. 20 yds down on a blue run then cut over to the South side of the mountain. 50k of XC trails that can l play on that lead back to the top of a blue run. Lazy stem christies on and empty run back the the parking lot. 20 min away from the house. A season pass is my gym membership and my shrink.

I meet some cool folks too. Wait for it.

A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Yeah man. Cool down papa don't you blow your top.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Following too closely is a nonsequitur. Moreover, it's subjective and relative until proven by a rear-ender or an uncontested ticket. The freeway is not obliged to yield to the ramp, Knucklehead, and to do so is unsafe.
    Not the law in California. You must yield to cars close enough to be an immediate hazard, cars further back must yield to you. 21803 and 21804. BTW nothing specifically about freeway on ramps. Anyway the point is that if whether or not it's legal, it's whether you are decent human being and allow someone who is on an on ramp ahead of you to merge or whether you deliberately try to block them. People who view driving as combat in which the goal is to assert their right of way over as many other drivers as they can are generally impotent and beaten down in other aspects of their lives and asserting themselves in the only way they can, making driving miserable for the rest of us, or are rich, entitled assholes for whom dominating other people at work and at home isn't enough. Either of these you?

BTW--I am not a left lane camper. I drive in the left lane to pass or when I am driving at the speed of other traffic on a busy road. I do drive in the left lane on I80 in the Sierra because the right lane is already torn to hell, with deep ruts that fill with snow, ice, and water. In that case I keep on eye out for cars coming up behind me and get over to the right unless I am passing. I am almost always driving over the speed limit, except on residential streets, where I think it is a courtesy to residents to drive no faster than the speed limit.

^^nice. That guy had so much talent it's hard to comprehend. I tend towards rootsier stuff, here's the greatest harmonica player in history, by far, bar none (and a great vocalist too), telling you something you should know:

ain't no need of goin no further, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Not the law in California. You must yield to cars close enough to be an immediate hazard, cars further back must yield to you. 21803 and 21804.

Fuck you. The ramp yields to the freeway, not the other way around. Even in California.

I saw something really fun tonight.

A minivan driven by what appeared to be a normal suburban lady with silhouettes of at least a few other people inside the Chrysler entered I-75 northbound in ATL.

It was all alone on the long, straight on-ramp and not in a terribly packed part of town (Paces Ferry in Buckhead). As it approached the end of the ramp the lady just kinda slowed down to a stop and put her blinker on.

Just seized up at the sight of post rush hour traffic.

Lots of spring break traffic passing through and I think she had Indiana plates. Tons of opportunity to merge safely when she got on the ramp, weather people moved over or not. I think she just freaked.

Would love to see what she'd do in a real highway shitfest - probably just throw on the hazards in the middle lane and assume the fetal position.

I sure hope she finally got on.
    I still call it The Jake.

^^nice. That guy had so much talent it's hard to comprehend. I tend towards rootsier stuff, here's the greatest harmonica player in history, by far, bar none (and a great vocalist too), telling you something you should know:

ain't no need of goin no further, brother.
    Oh that's good shit.

In my car, only Kedar camps out in the left lane:

Was that the only interior option they had left or did you actually pick that?
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I saw something really fun tonight.

A minivan driven by what appeared to be a normal suburban lady with silhouettes of at least a few other people inside the Chrysler entered I-75 northbound in ATL.

It was all alone on the long, straight on-ramp and not in a terribly packed part of town (Paces Ferry in Buckhead). As it approached the end of the ramp the lady just kinda slowed down to a stop and put her blinker on.

Just seized up at the sight of post rush hour traffic.

"Then let us hope that I was wrong." -- Morpheus

If you don't remember me for anything else, remember that I told you that Little Walter was the best who ever lived at what he did.

How was he with the left lane though?

Motherfucker hallelujah, you god forsaken left lane blocking assholes

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Was that the only interior option they had left or did you actually pick that?
    JHC, yer stupid, chicks dig the saddle brown/tasmin green combo.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Oh that's good shit.

In my car, only Kedar camps out in the left lane:
    My interior is all tan leather and it took me years to notice that the drivers side door doesn't have that same handle in front of the door latch that the passenger door has.

On the driver's side it's a nice pocket to store stuff.

dog slobber on leather is a popular aftermarket add on that I have in my car as well

We encourage poor lane usage, so it would seem.

Move upside and let the man go through...

Made me laugh.

'Cause it looks like diarrhea? The only way that color is "saddle brown" is if it's a saddle which has just been used to ride down to 24hr Taco Bell drive through for a triple-double crunchwrap supreme and a sixer of PBR.

This is literally the color of the inside of your car
    Last edited by Phill; 04-03-2017 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yes, you have no legal obligation to allow drivers to merge onto the highway. But it's widely recognized as something courteous to do, and you're a dick if you have the attitude of "I'm not doing a damn thing to make their merge easier, it's their job, see the fucking "yield" sign?" Driving in such a manner as to create space for merging cars is the right thing to do. Having the attitude of "fuck them, it's their job to find space to merge" is a dick thing to do. It's not really that complicated.
    The dick move is not merging as required by law and forcing an unburdened vehicle to have to slow, accelerate or change lanes because you choose to be a dick.

Why is it always the other person that needs to lower standards for the moron? Common core schooling lowering standards to the lowest common denominator has taken over everything to not hurt anyone's feelings.

Fuck that and you if you don't choose to merge properly.

Quote Originally Posted by mecc69 View Post
    I have recently been toying around with the idea that these left lane campers are actually out of state (California) transplants. I have been running into alot of CA plates pulling the left lane camper move and bad driving in general.

I grew up in the PNW, can't say that left lane camping and shit driving wasn't around 10-15 years ago, but it sure seems like as we have experienced a population boom things have gotten worse.
    It's obvious CA has behavioral problems. 6 lanes in each direction and still gridlock. If laws and common sense were followed it would be flowing fine.

So many times I see the left lane camper ahead and catch up to see CA plates. Praying they're only visiting and not moving here.

And if they do change lanes never a turn signal is used. Or flicked for half a flash. After they're in the other lane. It's not an 'I changed lanes indicator', fucking morons.