Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    aaaaaaannnnddddd ..... wer'e back !!

This is getting good.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    By Golly, that part about assholes rings with the kind of grammatical and experiential authority you really have to go looking for in this graceless Age.
    Unfortunately, the French (and certainly Parisian) application of the General Prudential Rule you're trying to pimp is historically spottier than in America, as you noted in support of your cock & bull pronouncements.

Aquitaine social etiquette notwithstanding, the freeway is under no obligation to yield to the ramp, even in the Old World to which you are so well acquainted.
    It shounds like you wrote this in French and then used Google Translate.

A particularly egregious form of left lane camping is carpool lane camping at much less than the maximum speed possible (and legal) in that lane. Usually the same people who get on the freeway and then cut straight across multiple lanes to get to the carpool lane without regard to anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Say you are traveling on a multi-lane highway, and someone in the lane next to you puts on their blinker. The law says it is entirely their responsibility to change lanes, ie only doing so when it is safe. So you are within your rights to do nothing. Heck, you're within your rights to actually close the gap and make it harder for them to move over. Or, contrary to the strict understanding of your legal rights, you could be courteous and slow down (or speed up) to create a space for them to move over. So, tough guy, what do you do?

It has nothing to do with the law and who is in the superior legal position. It has everything to do with sharing the road with other drivers, and trying to make the collective experience be a little less stressful, at zero cost to yourself (because whether you help let them in, from the next lane or a merge lane, it won't change your arrival time by more than a second or two). Allowing drivers to change lanes or merge, by making slight adjustments to your speed (as they do the same, depending on the best spot to merge/change) is simply the right thing to do. And while you don't legally have to do so, you're the asshole if you don't simply because you know that the law doesn't require it. The law doesn't require you to hold doors open for little old ladies, either.
    This makes sense in dense traffic, where we are all just getting along the best we can. I am talking about clueless drivers who think that because they put their blinker on they can merge into freeway traffic or an adjacent lane going 10, 15, 20 mph faster. I think they get this idea from drivers like you, who yield when they aren't obligated to. This seriously screws with traffic flow. I watch traffic waves occur on a daily basis climbing a hill for my commute.

And it is all about the flow. Just keep it moving, and merge into traffic at the flow that traffic is going.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post

A particularly egregious form of left lane camping is carpool lane camping at much less than the maximum speed possible (and legal) in that lane. Usually the same people who get on the freeway and then cut straight across multiple lanes to get to the carpool lane without regard to anyone else.
    Fuck! This is the one egregious fault I have seen in ATL traffic and it's only this one HOV lane: from uptown all the way to Latoya Jackson Interglactic Spaceport and Nail Emporium.

Every old person in a Prius, family in a minivan, and general rube from the suburbs thinks, "hey! HOV lane, I can just coast over here all the way to the airport!" as every single one of the 8 lanes to the right are running 15mph faster.

Bonus points for getting pissed off at the sea of free asphalt ahead of the HOV cockblocker and trying to quickly pass him on the right and hop back in over the double white line only to have GSP take notice of your driving skills.

I, for one, welcome our robot overlords with open arms. Solves all these problems. As well as a bunch of other ones.

It shounds like Camus wrote this in French and then used Google Translate.

Thanks. Your post reads like you fat-fingered it into a dash-mounted iPad while you were having a douche in an artichoke truck's port side blind spot.

Thanks. Your post reads like you fat-fingered it into a dash-mounted iPad while you were having a douche in an artichoke truck's port side blind spot.
    Marvelous

Oh I get it--you're not a person; you're a Russian bot with a bug. Still--very convincing.

Camping in the left lane when you have enough people to use the carpool lane is quite common here
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Marvelous
    It really has been an entertaining back and forth.

I'm proud of my latest little thread that could.

I am going to start doing this for my posts. Except I don't speak french. So maybe I'll translate into french and then back.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

so much win

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I am going to start doing this for my posts. Except I don't speak french. So maybe I'll translate into french and then back.
    I copied/pasted the post above, then did this, here is what I got: I'll start doing it for my messages. Except that I do not speak French. So maybe I'll translate into French and then go back.

Not very exciting, but there's potential here.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Sweet lord that was a good laugh this morning.

The PPSL through Clear Creek County has allowed a new breed of super-asshole driver to emerge in CO.... You haven't seen a prick behind the wheel of a car until you've seen the dude in the toll lane driving 5mph slower than the people in the standard passing lane. It's amazing - all these morons with guns out here... They'll shoot washing machines, televisions, aerosol cans... But they'll only shoot each other if one person is standing behind the bush that the other person thinks they're using as a backstop for their AR-15. Talk about missing the fucking point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

That's how they do it in France. If you find yourself in Paris, go to the top of the Arc d'Triumph and watch the cars negotiate the traffic circle around it. It's fascinating to watch. It works, mainly because the French aren't as big assholes as we
    Bzzt wrong. I think you're out of date on this one. I travel to CH/FR/D 2-4 times a year and agree with the summary here:

https://www.justlanded.com/english/F...es-of-the-road

What you've described has become the exception not the rule.

And any of my French friends would proudly agree the French are bigger assholes than any US citizen who is not a hard core Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    It really has been an entertaining back and forth.

I'm proud of my latest little thread that could.

You done good pops. Keep it up and DD may bless you with elite status

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Attachment 203694

Here's what fries my grits. Happens all the time. 3 lane highway and I'm driving in center lane. Both right and left lanes clear. Why the fuck would someone chose to pass on the right instead of the left? I do love it when they are unable to pass me on the right because I'm overtaking a slower semi.

I think know the answer. 90% of the drivers out there drive with their heads up their ass and see no further than the hood of their car.
    So I have been traveling for several miles in the clear right lane. I come up on you driving slower then me in the center lane, do you expect me to merge over left two lanes, pass you, then merge back right two lanes? I am going to stay in the right lane where I have been traveling for several miles unobstructed and pass you on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    So I have been traveling for several miles in the clear right lane. I come up on you driving slower then me in the center lane, do you expect me to merge over left two lanes, pass you, then merge back right two lanes?
    When you do that the oblivious cretins always move over to the right lane too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    So I have been traveling for several miles in the clear right lane. I come up on you driving slower then me in the center lane, do you expect me to merge over left two lanes, pass you, then merge back right two lanes? I am going to stay in the right lane where I have been traveling for several miles unobstructed and pass you on the right.
    I watched some lady do just that then exited the freeway, why the fuck she didn't stay in the empty lane is beyond me
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

I do that shit all the time to try to wake the cretin up, (it's worked maybe twice). Why not? I like to stay engaged while I drive. It's pretty obvious, (especially when reading threads like this), most people don't.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Oh I get it--you're not a person; you're a Russian bot with a bug. Still--very convincing.

Freeway not yield to rampski, even eef pretentious fop.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I do that shit all the time to try to wake the cretin up, (it's worked maybe twice). Why not? I like to stay engaged while I drive. It's pretty obvious, (especially when reading threads like this), most people don't.
    I drove a company truck 800 miles one day. My boss was like, "How can you do that? I start getting sleepy after thirty minutes at the wheel..."

"That's because you spent extra to get a car that is as smooth as a cloud and quiet as a grave. Then you ease the seat back, put on some quiet harp music on the Easy Listening station and set the climate control to "Sensory Deprivation Tank". You're just askin' for it."

This whole thread in one CARS scene.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda