Page 32 of 66 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    He's really small.

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    TRIBE just keeps on winning, another sweep.
    Roll Tribe!

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    The greatest leadoff hitter of all time. Imo the best player period.
    No doubt Rickey was the greatest leadoff hitter of all time, greatest baserunner of all time by far, and he's on everybody's greatest all-time line up. Damn fine glove too. Freaky gifted athlete, all-American HS running back, would have been a track star had he not played baseball. His mama talked him into eschewing football scholarships from USC and many other schools and to stick with baseball, where he would have the longest career. Mama called it.

It's true, not sure how anyone could say he's underrated in any way. One of the most dynamic and talented all around players i've ever seen and his gifts kept him relevant for a really long time. It was hard to believe that he'd ever retire watchin him play in Shea in his late 40's.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    I think that more nets would be good, but they do hurt visibility if you are back a dozen or two rows. They don't defocus the way they do if you are closer.
    Good point. I think the netting should be extended to the dugouts. Beyond that there are still plenty of screamers coming into the stands, but at least you've got a little time to react. If you're not paying attention that's on you. Anyone sitting in those seats needs to realize there's an inherent risk.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Phone lost at Raiders game returned by Rickey Henderson
    This story would have been so much better if Rickey had said "Rickey Henderson has your phone" at some point.

OFFICIAL 2017 MLB THREAD

There are some videos of other pros talking about Rickey's HR trots. They all want to be like Rickey. So much talent he could play the game with style and make it look right.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    It's true, not sure how anyone could say he's underrated in any way. One of the most dynamic and talented all around players i've ever seen and his gifts kept him relevant for a really long time. It was hard to believe that he'd ever retire watchin him play in Shea in his late 40's.
    He didn't retire, he just didn't get picked up. It pissed him off, too. http://deadspin.com/5132472/who-said...t-wasnt-rickey

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    This story would have been so much better if Rickey had said "Rickey Henderson has your phone" at some point.
    ha ha ha. In all likelihood he did say that.

Of all his crazy great stats, the most impressive to me is 2nd all-time BOB and by far the most game leadoff walks, notwithstanding that Rickey was the last guy an opposing team would ever want to walk, especially to start a game. They were afraid he'd put one over the fence.

Strike zone the size of Hitler's heart.

yeah, that too

damn he was fun to watch

Tim Raines wasn't Rickey but he was pretty great too, especially considering 13 years with the Expos and he came down with Lupus during his career (towards the end but still). 24 years (missed one with the Lupus), 7x all-star, 4th all-time SB, .294 lifetime, HOF, etc. etc.

Tim Raines and Pete Rose are tied as the 2nd greatest leadoff hitters of all time

Yeah I mean I'd take Rickey all day but if I had to settle for Raines I'd be okay.

Raines was great. The collusion against him was obscene. If he played in LA he would have been in the hall years earlier. He still loves montreal tho and they have billboards of his picture up around town still.

Why is there interleague play going on with like a week to go? It should be all divisional now, Sox-Yanks would be great TV.

Sox and Rockies played at the end of the season last ship season. Maybe it's a good omen? Please?

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Sox and Rockies played at the end of the season last ship season. Maybe it's a good omen? Please?
    Hope so, Rockies still look like they could give up the wild card spot; here's hoping they get on a winning streak going into the playoffs.

btw, the tribe is now one game behind the dodgers for best record and home field for the playoffs.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

That is amazing is a few ways considering how far out in front the Dodgers were. They have lost 21 of 28 and heard they are tied with the Tigers for the worst record since August something. They do realize it is about go-time, no?

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    Hope so, Rockies still look like they could give up the wild card spot; here's hoping they get on a winning streak going into the playoffs.

btw, the tribe is now one game behind the dodgers for best record and home field for the playoffs.
    Home field in the WS is decided by the all-star game, right? Not by record

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    Home field in the WS is decided by the all-star game, right? Not by record
    Thankfully, no.

“This time it counts” was the advertising mantra for many years of the MLB All-Star Game, but starting with the 2017 Midsummer Classic, this exhibition game is no longer tied to home-field advantage in the World Series.

As part of the new collective bargaining agreement between the players and owners that went into effect in December, World Series home-field advantage will now be determined by best record between the two teams, a marked improvement over the previous method.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Thankfully, no.

“This time it counts” was the advertising mantra for many years of the MLB All-Star Game, but starting with the 2017 Midsummer Classic, this exhibition game is no longer tied to home-field advantage in the World Series.

As part of the new collective bargaining agreement between the players and owners that went into effect in December, World Series home-field advantage will now be determined by best record between the two teams, a marked improvement over the previous method.
    Didn't realize they had changed that back. Not sure how I missed it. I do like the idea of the ASG meaning something, but overall record should be important. I did like the alternating format as well. AL and NL are such different leagues that I think comparing records can be a bit apples to oranges. AL teams have a pretty consistent lead in interleague records over the last five years.

How about bigger differential in bonus for winning ASG? I really don't know, but imho why try so hard making it so damn important? Are any of the other "ASG-type" games from other sports anything more than an exhibition? I appreciate efforts to not make it a farce. But baseball is such a long season, just let it be and put ties on the table or something. The WS is the goal, not who wins the damn ASG. WS determines the best of the best...or the best at that time of season.

Yeah. I don't disagree

OFFICIAL 2017 MLB THREAD

Judge within one of tying McGwire's rookie home run record.

What's benintendi at again?

TWINS!!! Game 163 coming.