Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Have ATK R14s on a pair - great soft snow ski both inbounds and touring. I enjoy them in chop if you go for more of a launch and slash approach vs. full throttle charging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry - Mark Twain

I'm also 200lbs so that doesn't help.

I have shifts on my Pescado’s. I started with 110mm brakes but swapped for 120mms. The 110’s fit but the 120 is cleaner. The shift pairs nicely. On this ski, I actually appreciate that they’re light compared to pivots, even when resort skiing. It’s like 1.5 lbs per binding which helps them feel really nimble.

I’m stoked on the ski. At least in light snow, I think they’re fine in chop as long as you have a playful approach. IE “can I ski fast enough to treat this trenched out powder as mini pillows and be in the air as much as possible?”

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Found a sweet deal on some 2020 brand new, old stock Pescados. Always wanted to own some.

Confirming the mount line is -8cm? I’ve also seen -9.75cm somewhere too.

Also, is this a ski that I’m gonna want to f around on pow and slush days in the resort (I ski Whistler/Blackcomb mostly) and occasionally hike Flute with them on my shoulder….so mount with STHs?

Or will I want to do short tours on low aspect stuff….eg Whistler, Baker, Seymour side country stuff…. so mount with Shifts or Tectons?

PS I already own Dynastar Proto 118s and Rustler 11 with Pivots for resort pow days.

Leaning Shifts as I have a near new pair with 110mm brakes…wondering if anyone has the 110mm Shift brakes on the 125mm Pescado?

Thank you everyone on this thread! It was very useful. I bought mine last May to replace my old backcountry K2 Missdirected. Installed Atomic Backland right on the line. Skied them two days. First day in resort on powder day (well, powder hour), then moving progressively more and more towards the rope on flat terrain. Ending last three hours behind the rope in flat virgin snow. Second day went full slack country. Was able to ski the meadows, something I wasn't able to ski ever on my previous backcountry ski. I am 67 and the speed is not my thing. The control is and ability to ski alone not exposed terrain is what I was after. And it delivered. Add to this that I dropped 1,800 grams for the full set (skis, bindings and Pomoca skins), with better flotation and better glide due to sintered bases.

However I was so impressed and I wanted to use it in resort too... and in touring bindings I ski even more conservative plus Dynafit TLT is perfect in powder but not so in resort. Well long story short - I bought the second pair (identical graphics too, not this ugly yellow). Arrived on 22d, installed the binder and on 23th I skied them from 8:45 am (first on the lift) till 3:59 pm (the last one). Money best spent. It was not a real powder day, but good soft day, few inches overnight and then there was an hour middday with a very heavy snow and heavy wind (they even closed one of the lifts), so it was very good wind grooming, and not many people at all due to a "bad" weather. Tried everywhere, on steep, very steep, groomed daily, never groomed, and of course low aspect, every where, and non stop of course. After couple hours the ski suggested few things, like medium to longer turns, full turns, very intuitive, and not smearing way more like carving, very controllable, on a soft slope.

I installed a demo bindings and I skied it all day in recommended position. Not sure now it was a smart choice, because I am not convinced I will ever try moving it forward (I set it so I have one extra cm backwards and 4.5 cm forward adjustment) though, why bother... its all good....

a little update. I have now probably 4 days or so in slackcountry / backcountry and few days in resort on powder day. I want to update my mounting point (recall, I installed demo bindings on my resort ski). So far I skied it always on the line. But today at 2 pm I was done, wanted to call it a day. First hour was untouched, then for two hours very strong wind, perfect wind grooming, but then at noon wind died and it started to overpower me. And then I recalled that this is the best time to move my binding forward. Moved 35 mm and voila. It tamed the ski in this crud and I enjoyed two more hours. So much more managable in those soft lumps of snow.I even found an untouched section and to my surprise it was still floating without any tendency to dive under.

Just bumping this thread to note that the Pescado is the best slush ski of all time. So damn fun.

I’ve wanted these for years but it’s obvious they aren’t coming in 190s anytime soon. Is 180cm going to work for a guy that is 6’4” 185lbs?

I currently ski 190cm Sir Francis Bacons most days and 181cm Blades for groomer days. I love both. My concern is that I have the 186cm Outlines and they feel some combination of too short or narrow; I’d rather take the SFB even in deeper conditions.

The 190 SFB has a running length of 135cm, the 181cm Blades have 140cm, the 186cm Outlines have 104cm running length. The 180cm Pescado’s is 150cm.
    Last edited by utagonian; 03-13-2023 at 03:30 PM.

My 100mm+ quiver is ever expanding. Billy Goats, M-free 108, M-free 118, Lotus 138, Deathwish 112, all extremely good skis that I've ended up keeping for different reasons. But for skiing powder in low angle trees nothing beats the Pescado. No other skis are as much fun when you don't have the slope or space for higher speeds. It's poppy, light in the air and super easy turns.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by utagonian View Post
    The 190 SFB has a running length of 135cm, the blades have 140cm, the outlines have 104cm. and the pescado is 150cm.
    That was very simple to point out but incredibly helpful, thank you.