Vulcan tongue in TLT6?

Bought a pair of used TLT6s, but they didn't come with tongues. In my initial searches, it doesn't appear that you can buy these any longer and I haven't gotten any hits on my WTB ad for tongues.

Has anybody modified Vulcan tongues for this purpose? I can still get those, it appears.

Seth

I know I have read about people modding Vulcan tongues to fit TLT6s, but I can't find anything right now. There is an interesting thread about replacing TLT5 tongues here:
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ues-need-ideas
    ...which mentions Mercury tongues (which I think are the same as Vulcan tongues) as well as tongues from Dalbello and Full Tilt/Flexon. See this article about Mercury mods, which might be adaptable to TLT6:
    http://earlyups.com/gear-dynafit-mercury-review/

I have a pair of 27.5 green tongues I could sell you. Still trying to decide if my boots are stiff enough with just the black tongues, or if I want to try flexons, or if I should try a grinch-style combination of TLT tongues.

Here's another thread with some suggestions from beefing-up the flex:
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...yna-TLT6/page8

Sand off the nub and you'll be fine.

Another option is to buy a pair of yellow TLT6 tongues from somebody who wants to unload them. TLT6 originally came with two sets of tongues, yellow (softer) and black (stiffer). I like the way the yellows ski, although I more often ski w/o tongues.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyski View Post
    Sand off the nub and you'll be fine.
    This. They fit a bit different in the slot, but ski great.
    Gravity always wins...

Are Vulcan tongues stiffer than TLT6 black tongues? Looks like a pair is $20, which is much better than what I've been able to find for flexon tongues.

Great advice. Thanks guys.

toddball, I checked them side by side just now, there's maybe a tiny difference between them, but not really noticeable.
    Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    toddball, I checked them side by side just now, there's maybe a tiny difference between them, but not really noticeable.
    Thanks riff!

Dynafit TLT5 or TLT6 tongues needed, size MP 30.5

Hi all, looking for tongues (preferably black (hard) ones) for Dynafit TLT5 Mountain, but TLT6 or other models might be comaptible as well. Size is MP 30 or 30.5. Thank you for any offers/suggestions.

A buddy of mine lost his tlt6 tongues and ended up moding his Vulcan tongues to work. I was fortunate that the seller of my boots was able to locate his and send them to me.

I have a pair of 28 green tongues that I could be persuaded to sell if you're really in a bind. Not sure if they would work or not.

Thank you for the offer, I believe the tongues are size-specific, so 28 would be too small ... still hoping I will find the ones that really fit during the summer

2nd that vulcan tongues work, although you have to put a hole in the bottom, which is easy to do. Very stiff.