Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Anyone ever consider a group buy on here?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by silaschickeringayers View Post
    If you can get enough people together on here, we could set up a small TGR discount. I will stay tuned.
    I'm in for 1 set, possibly a 2nd pair set as well

Aren't most of CAST's sales TGR folks anyway? The regular price is probably already kind of a group buy price, and they can't afford to discount it much.

Probably and you’re probably right. And they definitely deserve the credit and profit for the work.

I stopped asking for discounts for these unicorn products. I want to see the innovative ones succeed so I have access to future gear.

Go ask Salomon for a discount on the shift.

A discount is obviously appreciated but after ACL surgery, I'll never ski anything but a pivot again. I don't care how much it costs. I want to see Look buy CAST. I don't know if CAST is interested in selling, but... Look better be paying attention. If they had any wisdom they'd be rewarding these two brothers for bringing them the sales one way or another.

/what-do-I-know?

Yeah, I mean......I'll buy anyhow, but I guess it comes down to how they plan their production / production capacity / sales volume.
    If they see a benefit to getting more buyers on board early in the autumn then a small discount here makes sense, especially if our stoke / spreading the news add more sales. If they have a set number of units to produce and sell this year a discount makes less sense.

And it doesn't have to be a discount as such. As far as I understand you have to choose one of the AFDs this year, and adding the other for free for a short period of time would really sweeten the deal for me.

Ordered

Pretty stoked to ski the system. Got the upgrade kit + 2nd kit.

I ski'd a gnarly N. Coulior on Mt Johnson out of Bishop, and I would have really appreciated a damper ride!

Even on Kingpins, that cooley had me puckered.

Will report on the CAST ASAP.

Eager for the new CAST system to show up in the mail any day now. Has anyone else got theirs yet? First impressions?

Quote Originally Posted by tnabe View Post
    Eager for the new CAST system to show up in the mail any day now. Has anyone else got theirs yet? First impressions?
    Still waiting, but it’s gonna be sweet! 3rd version should be pretty solid. Friends will be jealous!

Word from CAST that they will be shipping next week due to parts.

Has anyone gotten a shipment notice or anything yet? Email a few weeks ago said they would ship the 15-16, curious if anyone has heard anything yet.

negative

Nothing as of today. I was coming here to check the same thing,
    Thanks Shane

Thanks for bumping this to the top, saved me from having to search for it! I just wanted to circle back and give a few longer term impressions and notes.

I had a rough winter last season, blew up a new pair of skis, a new pair of boots, and had some challenges with my CAST bindings. Overall I was really impressed with the system, and it was a delight to be skiing real bindings again after too many years on Dukes. Unfortunately, there were problems with the AFDs. One being that the white plastic was coming unglued, but more problematic was that the whole block was easy to pop off it's mount if you released forward, or even if you dragged your toe a bit when stepping out. I quickly lost a WTR AFD, and had to switch my toe blocks back to alpine, losing my touring ability. CAST was responsive to the issue, and sent out handful of spares which got me through until the skis they were mounted on blew up, at which point I put them aside for the rest of the season.

After some time (a month or so?) CAST contacted me and said they had redesigned parts and how many did I need to make it right? I asked for 3 of each (DIN and WTR) as I was still a little worried, and they sent them along pronto. So far so good. I have remounted the system on new skis and the AFD seems to be made of a stiffer plastic that prevents it from un-clipping from the toe plate accidentally.

Just an aside on how I did this mount. I have put BF inserts in the 6 rear holes, and plan to buy another toe plate and set of shoulder screws as a second ski kit once I decide what skis to add them to. Seems to work fine. I did notice that the touring toes were pretty tight when I made the first mount (last season) but they seated in OK. This mount seems to have maybe one toe screw a little misaligned, and the touring toe is a bit hard to seat, and a little reluctant to snap in the boot. I expect with a little more use it will settle in. The toe holes were jig drilled by a trustworthy tech, and I did careful mount job. I think the tolerances are tight there though, so be very fastidious when you set them up. The P18 toe snaps right in place, no problem.

Still waiting.

I talked to the boys before my Japan trip last of the pieces were being finished Tuesday/Wednesday so look for stuff next week possibly? I know they were working hard getting as much done as possible to expedite the process.

Kind of a bummer it’s gonna be late Jan/early February before anyone gets to touring. If it weren’t for my shitty work schedule up to February 15, I’d be pissed. But alas, I’m not skibumming this year, so the delay does not sting so bad. Will be happy with a solid backcountry interface.

I hope the Freetour is the shiznit!

Anyone using FKS Race 185s with their CAST set up?

I think they're the same binding but not 100% sure with regards to internals.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post

Call the boys, they will know

Shipping notification today!

After one of the best days I have had at Snowbird in probably 10 years I come home to an emails saying CAST has shipped my bindings. They UPS notification email said they will be here tomorrow. Stoked to get them mounted up and ski them.
    Thanks Shane

Enjoy! I have a friend waiting for a pair, can't wait to see what tweaks they have made.

I had a little learning/user-error experience this morning. It was zero dark 30, and some how when I took off my ski, one of the brake retainer clips flipped up a bit. When I went to step in, I did not notice this in the dark. I did notice that I was having trouble getting into the binding, so I did what any sleep deprived 'troller would do, and tried harder... I ended up bending the clip pretty wonky. I was able to brute force it back enough to get the skis on and they were OK to ski. 10 minutes with my leatherman at the top of the mountain got them reasonably functional, and a 1/2 hour with a vice and hammer tonight got them not quite good as new. I don't think it will be quite as secure in brakes up mode, but I have the rubber band for back up and will see how it goes.

SO - have a glance down before you step in.

Arrived today. Will not have a report for a while though as I gotta get them mounted, and get some days off for a tour. Fuck, it feels like late season already. Here’s to a good February, March, and April! Hope the snow keeps coming to really put the CAST through the wringer!

CAST is going on 4FRNT Ravens and Praxis Protests. Have another BC setup for longer days in G3 FINDR 102s with Kingpins.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post

Did you get an answer?

I'm back to looking at these.

Where are we with this + Gripwalk?

I'm guessing full touring soles (ie. next yr's Hoji Free) is a no-go?
    Last edited by Judo Chop!; 02-04-2019 at 03:48 PM.