Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    If I’m installing the heel bars on a pair of skis already drilled with an FKS heel installed, do I need to remove the heel to accurately lineup the mount point for the new hole for the heel bar?

Anyone know if they can ship by post? Usps to canada post? Couriers(especially ups) get crazy w fees cross border

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Anyone know if they can ship by post? Usps to canada post? Couriers(especially ups) get crazy w fees cross border

Could ask a local mag to pick up and ship if they don’t?

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post

I can most likely help with this if needed. not getting over the hill too frequently but probably can work something out. keep me posted
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    I can most likely help with this if needed. not getting over the hill too frequently but probably can work something out. keep me posted
    Thanks a lot. Much appreciated. I’ll get my ducks in a row and send you a pm in a few days b-bear. Not a big rush for me. Thinking I should get some before it snows too much and production, understandably, slows

If I’m installing the heel bars on a pair of skis already drilled with an FKS heel installed, do I need to remove the heel to accurately lineup the mount point for the new hole for the heel bar?
    Hey nyskirat,

I've mounted both ways successfully. But either way, you'll wanna measure 10 times and drill once.

If you wanna leave the FKS/Pivot heels mounted, just line up and center the riser assembly and clamp it down. Then make sure that the brake retainer clicks into place and properly holds the FKS/Pivot brakes. You'll hear the brake retainer it click into the notch on the backside of the FKS/Pivot brake platform.

Once you've got it all lined up, center punch to mark your holes and drill them the same depth that you would new holes for bindings, glue and mount. If you did it right, you'll know right away. If you didn't, hold your head in your hands and contemplate the decisions that got you there. Best of luck.

Anyone know if they can ship by post? Usps to canada post?
    My stuff has all come by post from them.

Quote Originally Posted by snoboy View Post
    My stuff has all come by post from them.
    Nice. Even better. Ill message them. Thanks

Anybody want to get rid of a cast set up I’m a 295bsl, I’ll take the skis too

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I was going to mount my own fucking bindings, but I am moving into my new house this week and I’m not at all set up to do that right now. My friend is a shop tech so I brought them in to him and he said the 2020 p-18s were missing the internal metal washers. When he called Look to order them they were a little freaked out because they said the toe piece could fail without it, and the are wondering if lots of them were assembled without it. After all, what are the odds of the only pair missing the piece just happens to be a pair getting mounted with Cast? Who knows? Anyway still waiting on replacement parts. If anyone has new p-18s you might want to unscrew the toe piece and look.

Turns out it was not the washer but the metal baseplate.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kanone View Post
    Turns out it was not the washer but the metal baseplate.

The piece you replace with CAST, the metal base plate is wrong on the 2020 Pivots?

I highly doubt it

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

The new -2017- CAST touring system thread

I assumed he was talking about one of these

I put mine together last night. I think the washer on the right sticks inside the toepiece with old grease. I didn’t notice it. The one in the middle has to come out to get the spindle off. The square one on the left will either stick with old grease, or fall off while wrangling the spindle out.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    I assumed he was talking about one of these

I put mine together last night. I think the washer on the right sticks inside the toepiece with old grease. I didn’t notice it. The one in the middle has to come out to get the spindle off. The square one on the left will either stick with old grease, or fall off while wrangling the spindle out.
    Thanks for the pic. Just got some for my cast set up on the way. My base plate is metal. Ill check for the washers now

I got the previous information from my wife who works at the shop, I had a bottle of red in me when I posted. Went by the shop today but tech was super busy doing boot fittings so I’m still not totally sure what was missing but it was described as a metal shim. I thought it was the horizontal washer but now I’m not so sure. I didn’t take it apart. I’ll check in when I know more. Part has been ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kanone View Post
    I got the previous information from my wife who works at the shop, I had a bottle of red in me when I posted. Went by the shop today but tech was super busy doing boot fittings so I’m still not totally sure what was missing but it was described as a metal shim. I thought it was the horizontal washer but now I’m not so sure. I didn’t take it apart. I’ll check in when I know more. Part has been ordered.

Post up a pic of that part when you get it, please

Anyone experience problems with the tech toe not fully engaging due to contact with pedestal(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Anyone experience problems with the tech toe not fully engaging due to contact with pedestal(s)?
    Not sure what you are talking about, but one of my toes need help to close properly.
    I need to reach down and pull the lock while keeping my boot still.

Well, I had lots of issues presumably due to use of inserts. And that was one of them. The reason was - the toe was not fully locked on pedestal. It was just 1mm away from locking on the pedestal and that resulted into toe not fully engaging. First of all, clean the pedestal and toe fully, secondly - put the toe with force, it should lock in position.

It's not all the way on there.

I found that loosening the mounting screws a 1/2 turn, sliding the toe on and off a couple times, then retightening everything with the toe all the way on did the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    Well, I had lots of issues presumably due to use of inserts. And that was one of them. The reason was - the toe was not fully locked on pedestal. It was just 1mm away from locking on the pedestal and that resulted into toe not fully engaging. First of all, clean the pedestal and toe fully, secondly - put the toe with force, it should lock in position.
    I'll be mounting with inserts soon. Can you give me a heads up on the issues? Cheers.

There’s been some chatter about mounting them with inserts - some good some bad. Seems like the inserts really need to be done perfectly and flush to the ski so if it’s not an area of expertise you may want to reconsider.

I’ve thought about it and landed on doing two sets of the toe plates from Cast if I were going to do it - both mounted on both skis. More expensive but easier and takes some of the insert issues out of the equation. The heels? Could probably get two sets of the brake and elevators and then mount one heel for both sets with inserts in each ski. Or buy a second set of heels somewhere (like gear swap here).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by banzai View Post
    I'll be mounting with inserts soon. Can you give me a heads up on the issues? Cheers.
    What mtnwriter said. Inserts should be done perfectly. What pissed me off mostly was that I overtightened toe screw shoulders due to inserts not being flush with ski. And that made switching toe units a pain. They were constantly getting stuck so I had to loose screws, then tighten them back. You can search my other reply in this theme where I described other issues. Not sure if they were inserts-related or not.

Thanks for the info. I got a second ski kit, 'problem' is one of the skis are already on inserts. The second skis are from gear swap already drilled with a paper template, which is not optimal. Eyeing them up, it should be ok if I redrill with a jig and the larger diameter insert drill. I have no other option besides inserts really. Will report back on how they turn out, casts are in the post and should arrive soon.
    Merry Christmas.