Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    You are making this way harder than 8 needs to be and getting the tech toes to work on 3 different skis with inserts I presume mounted by you will lead to a shitshow .whi am I to tell you no? Probably should start ur own thread to let us watch the crash and burn.

Mount one ski cast . The one that you will ski the most on.

Buy the second ski kit from cast and a used set of heels. If you can't find used set of heels buy some 12s or 14s cause they're the cheapest and look for a px race metal toe for ur second set of pedestals

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I'm with this guy. And swapping brake assemblies frequently will inevitably lead you to stripping the threads on the dildo as its a bit of a PITA to line them up. Buy a second ski kit and start scouring the local second hand stores for old pivots.
    I think you have saved me some trouble. Hopefully I can get sets of skinny 155s and 185s from TrueNorth. With sets of 115 and 130 brakes on the way, I'll just swap the brake assemblies and mount up the heels. I'm gonna return all the inserts and installation stuff once it arrives for a refund. I'll use that money to buy two second ski kits. No inserts, no PITA swapping of the dildo, and each ski with its own permanent heels and toes.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    I think you have saved me some trouble. Hopefully I can get sets of skinny 155s and 185s from TrueNorth. With sets of 115 and 130 brakes on the way, I'll just swap the brake assemblies and mount up the heels. I'm gonna return all the inserts and installation stuff once it arrives for a refund. I'll use that money to buy two second ski kits. No inserts, no PITA swapping of the dildo, and each ski with its own permanent heels and toes.
    I think you get this, but just to be sure - you only need one set of toes. With the second ski kits you can move toes from ski to ski in seconds.

Personally I think I'm still going to use inserts in the toes for a couple cast mounts, but that's just because of closeness of holes (and in one case remounting into old holes). Unless anyone has a better suggestion? I don't want to change mount points, so moving is off the table. Maybe I could fill holes with epoxy / fiberglass mix and just drill for a regular mount?

Quote Originally Posted by DigSki View Post
    I think you get this, but just to be sure - you only need one set of toes. With the second ski kits you can move toes from ski to ski in seconds.

Personally I think I'm still going to use inserts in the toes for a couple cast mounts, but that's just because of closeness of holes (and in one case remounting into old holes). Unless anyone has a better suggestion? I don't want to change mount points, so moving is off the table. Maybe I could fill holes with epoxy / fiberglass mix and just drill for a regular mount?
    I could only get the second and third sets of dildos if I bought the toes too. It was still cheap so all worked out.

I may end up using inserts on one set of toes for the same reason. If you decide to go the route of filling the old holes instead, I recommend hardwood dowel (specifically oak) and epoxy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Not to mention u might get look'd... been there done that had to cut it off with a grinder lol

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    I saw the aftermath, but I missed that detail. Holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    I saw the aftermath, but I missed that detail. Holy shit.
    SVS should have "full send" tattooed across his back lol, he doesn't half ass anything.

CAST Freetour to go with my gold Pivot 15s just arrived.

For anyone ordering in Canada….no duty/taxes are added on delivery. Just $369US + $33US ship.

Thinking my Rustler 11s may be worthy of this set up.

Anyone mount CAST to an existing ski with Pivot 15s already mounted?

Looks like just a toe remount in same holes?

Heel stays in and add two new holes in front of heel for the lifters?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3456.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	214.5 KB 
ID:	390418

Name:	IMG_9581.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	166.9 KB 
ID:	390419

Name:	IMG_9582.JPG 
Views:	150 
Size:	217.5 KB 
ID:	390420

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post

For anyone ordering in Canada….no duty/taxes are added on delivery. Just $369US + $33US ship.

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post

Yep. The toe is pretty sensitive to getting the hole pattern in order for the toe pieces to swap cleanly, but if you did a decent job with the first mount it'll be fine. I've done that before successfully.

I don't tend to love the gold Pivots, but they look outstanding on those R11s.

Before I mount my second pair of CAST today, I mounted up the first pair a few weeks ago. One ski is perfect, however on the other I had to loosen 1 or 2 of the screws on the toe plate (about 1/4 turn) to get the Pin and Look toe to slide freely (they're still more resistant than the other ski). Should this be a concern? The aluminum of the Pin toe is 'wearing in' and over time I could probably tighten those screws back up but if I do, do I need to be concerned about breaking the seal of the glue?

does anyone know who mounts these in slc area. Went to powderhouse and they wouldnt do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mak View Post
    does anyone know who mounts these in slc area. Went to powderhouse and they wouldnt do it.
    PM skifishbum

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Before I mount my second pair of CAST today, I mounted up the first pair a few weeks ago. One ski is perfect, however on the other I had to loosen 1 or 2 of the screws on the toe plate (about 1/4 turn) to get the Pin and Look toe to slide freely (they're still more resistant than the other ski). Should this be a concern? The aluminum of the Pin toe is 'wearing in' and over time I could probably tighten those screws back up but if I do, do I need to be concerned about breaking the seal of the glue?
    Recently mounted mine. I noticed something similar, and was able fix it by making sure that the surface of the ski was very, VERY flat. Took a razorblade and some sandpaper to small little bumps near the screw holes and it made a pretty big difference. Seems that the toe slide is very sensitive to pretty small imperfections. I put inserts in for mine as well, just to make it harder on myself.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    Took a razorblade and some sandpaper to small little bumps near the screw holes and it made a pretty big difference.
    Good reminder, thanks. I did clean up the holes mostly with a scraper but probably could have been better with it.

With inserts, tighten the screws down with the mount in place while the epoxy is curing.

This will draw them perpendicular to the ski surface, correcting a few degrees of tilt.

It won't correct mis-located holes of course, and needless to say, make sure no epoxy has spilled over to where it shouldn't be ;-)
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    With inserts, tighten the screws down with the mount in place while the epoxy is curing.

This will draw them perpendicular to the ski surface, correcting a few degrees of tilt.

It won't correct mis-located holes of course, and needless to say, make sure no epoxy has spilled over to where it shouldn't be ;-)
    Interesting - I will have to remember this.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post

Anecdotally, I did this today for a regular CAST mount using the Look toe as the guide, I only did it on the first ski which turned out prefect, second ski I did not and its a little tighter between two of the posts (most likely off angle slightly) adding resistance when attaching/removing Look toe.

Quote Originally Posted by nwags41 View Post
    For those who haven’t pre-ordered yet..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you for posting this bud, ya helped me spend about $145 less on my orders.....

Quote Originally Posted by mak View Post
    Go to lifthouse, ask them to drill for a regular pivot mount, but don't mount them. Mount and drill the extra two holes yourself.

Since there's a lot of chatter on this thread about mounts and mount issues, I figured I'd share this thread. #totalspam

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...07#post6471007

I've been trying to figure this for way too long -- does CAST add any stand height to a Pivot? Meaning, is your toe/heel higher off the ski than a standard Pivot?
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    I've been trying to figure this for way too long -- does CAST add any stand height to a Pivot? Meaning, is your toe/heel higher off the ski than a standard Pivot?
    No height difference

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    The old version added some stack. The new version does not, and is equivalent to running the toe shim or having the new grip walk AFD

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    No height difference

Not quite. Comparing Alpine AFDs on both, it's about 2.5mm taller in the toe. Heel doesn't change any.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Not quite. Comparing Alpine AFDs on both, it's about 2.5mm taller in the toe. Heel doesn't change any.
    Ok good to know. Personally I don't notice a difference and I doubt most would.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    The old version added some stack. The new version does not, and is equivalent to running the toe shim or having the new grip walk AFD
    Thanks! That's what I suspected. I had seen first-gen reviews saying 7mm increased stack, but couldn't find anything on the current, second-gen model. Turns out I already have the GW AFD, so I won't notice the difference. Sweet.

Now it's time to upgrade my old Il Moro Fauxton aka the Not-Krypton (Il Moro with the stiffer Krypton liner...that I got from ol jdadour!) with that new Krypton TI. R11, Pivot/CAST, Krypton...damn. that'll be a killer resort/slack set-up.
    sproing!