Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40
    To further add to the story. Just to get a second set of soles took 5 emails. They suggested I use a dremel to alter the replacement soles in order to get a better fit. And then the second set they sent me didn’t come with the extra 3 holes chamfered. These boots were sent to CAST during the summer, so it’s not like they were in a rush to complete the job. Just total hacks. I did just order some k2 recon teams. Not as precise of a fit as a Doberman plug boot, but they did feel pretty good in the store. Liner does seem a bit thick.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

The new -2017- CAST touring system thread

In an effort to get this thread back to somewhat positive….just CAST’ed my Pilsner Hojis.

Feeling lucky that I have pin boots (Nordica Striders) cause I’m not sure I’d ever want to do a CAST conversion on any alpine boots…. seems very sketch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6709.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	243.9 KB 
ID:	488626

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6707.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	216.4 KB 
ID:	488627

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by kc_7777; 02-28-2024 at 08:06 PM.

Name:  image0.jpeg
Views: 633
Size:  122.9 KBName:  image1.jpeg
Views: 636
Size:  147.1 KBName:  image0.jpeg
Views: 641
Size:  136.5 KB

Maybe should have posted in the other thread but I was inspired by the Pilsners.

Quick update on my boot situation with CAST. After many back and forth emails they decided that my shoe goo solution was good enough. That or I could send my boots to them at my cost and they’d put soles on them. What an absolute fucking joke. py “craftsmanship” and even worse customer service. They basically acted like they had done me a favor in converting my boots. Where in truth I paid for a service that was done improperly and they refuse to stand by their product. I would highly suggest finding a boot with tech fittings if you want to use the CAST system and avoid at all costs sending boots to them for conversion. Also the Duke pt16 works great.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Quick update on my boot situation with CAST. After many back and forth emails they decided that my shoe goo solution was good enough. That or I could send my boots to them at my cost and they’d put soles on them. What an absolute fucking joke. py “craftsmanship” and even worse customer service. They basically acted like they had done me a favor in converting my boots. Where in truth I paid for a service that was done improperly and they refuse to stand by their product. I would highly suggest finding a boot with tech fittings if you want to use the CAST system and avoid at all costs sending boots to them for conversion. Also the Duke pt16 works great.
    This shit leaves such a god damn sour taste in my mouth and it's not even me who was wronged! Do people not realise that in small companies within smaller communities this shit spreads like wildfire.

Very lame

I have a spare freetour 1.0 second ski kit. Lightly used, in great shape. $80 on the site - I'd do 50 bucks shipped in the US. Open to price police.

Despite my horrible experience with the boot conversion I like the system. I’ll take the second ski kit

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Despite my horrible experience with the boot conversion I like the system. I’ll take the second ski kit

Sweet, they're yours. Sent you a PM.