Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Radio silence........ The new Revision?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeScott View Post
    Radio silence........ The new Revision?
    Nope, talked to Lars this morning. All will be apparent in short time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Nope, talked to Lars this morning. All will be apparent in short time
    Lemme guess....they're just gonna hand out Salomon Shifts when they are released before CAST 2.0??
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Lemme guess....they're just gonna hand out Salomon Shifts when they are released before CAST 2.0??
    It's heavier on the way up, and not as bombproof on the way down?

Talked to Lars tonight. Issues has been supply chain issues from a specific company producing parts. The issue has been identified and rectified. Hopefully will start shipping second half of this week, which means I'll be free slave labor working to get bindings out.

It's heavier on the way up, and not as bombproof on the way down?

TGR Forums mobile app
    So do your DH toepieces fucking teleport to the top?
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Fuck yeah mine do. I give them to the dudes riding the cable and pick up my toes at the top

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    You are a fucking idiot. Weight on your feet your feet going up hill. You know, the weight that actually matters?

You are a fucking idiot. Weight on your feet your feet going up hill. You know, the weight that actually matters?[/URL]
    How is there more weight on the feet with the Shifts? You don't lift the heel piece that is on the ski...

Also: is CAST toe + FKS heel (weight on ski) lighter than the Shift?

Quote Originally Posted by selle View Post
    How is there more weight on the feet with the Shifts? You don't lift the heel piece that is on the ski...

Also: is CAST toe + FKS heel (weight on ski) lighter than the Shift?
    CAST toe + FKS heel is less weight then SHIFT.

It's the whole weight on your feet is 4x harder to move then weight on your back.

No it's not.. 1000g for Cast with tech toe, 850g for Shift

you didnt swear so your argument doesnt count

Well fuck me

Quote Originally Posted by NS05672 View Post
    No it's not.. 1000g for Cast with tech toe, 850g for Shift
    False, read the website again. It reduces touring weight by up to 1000 grams, it's not 1000 grams. I'll get a weight later this week for a reference.

And, P18s weight 1250 grams, so take the toe off thr ski and the weight of the ski you are lifting every step is less then SHIFT.

Isn’t this whole argument moot since neither binding will be available until next season? Sorry couldn’t help it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Weight: 2000 grams touring weight per pair.
    Right from the cast website

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Isn’t this whole argument moot since neither binding will be available until next season? Sorry couldn’t help it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Zing

Would be nice if he told that to all the people that pre ordered them..... Like me. I haven't heard shit. I take that back..... In December I heard that they would be two weeks out.........

The new -2017- CAST touring system thread

Update from an email:

“Hi all,

We have finally received the last of the parts we need to complete assembly of the Freetour kits and will have all of the kits ready to ship by Tuesday. You will receive a confirmation email with tracking information as soon as we put the kits in the mail. If you need to update your shipping information from what we have on your order please send us a direct email with your name and order number in the subject line so that we can be sure that we have the correct address before we send the kits.

Thank you again for the patience.”

Glad to hear there is some traction!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Springskiin View Post
    Update from an email:

“Hi all,

We have finally received the last of the parts we need to complete assembly of the Freetour kits and will have all of the kits ready to ship by Tuesday. You will receive a confirmation email with tracking information as soon as we put the kits in the mail. If you need to update your shipping information from what we have on your order please send us a direct email with your name and order number in the subject line so that we can be sure that we have the correct address before we send the kits.

Thank you again for the patience.”

Glad to hear there is some traction!!
    I'll be there this weekend helping Lars.

I helped out a little bit this weekend with assembly, it looked like all orders will be filled in time to ship Tuesday. I got my pair mounted up last night by the pros. Learned a few things from mounting to share. Have a jig drill the holes, as the accuracy of the toes need to be more gnats ass than mounting bindings alone. They prefer to heli-coil their bindings to their skis. It maybe a good option to fix any old holes that are a little off. I have gone without heli coils on most of the screws for now.
    Over all a really well thought out product, by some really good guys. They are already thinking steps ahead where to improve. I imagine everyone will enjoy them. If anything doesn’t work out smoothly ask the group here, or Cast directly.

I’ll confirm whats said above, everything is in boxes and all the pieces are made. They started going through and printing shipping labels today

Got my shipping label yesterday. Great to see they are finally coming.

I helped out a little bit this weekend with assembly, it looked like all orders will be filled in time to ship Tuesday. I got my pair mounted up last night by the pros. Learned a few things from mounting to share. Have a jig drill the holes, as the accuracy of the toes need to be more gnats ass than mounting bindings alone. They prefer to heli-coil their bindings to their skis. It maybe a good option to fix any old holes that are a little off. I have gone without heli coils on most of the screws for now.
    Over all a really well thought out product, by some really good guys. They are already thinking steps ahead where to improve. I imagine everyone will enjoy them. If anything doesn’t work out smoothly ask the group here, or Cast directly.
    Bruce, is the brake-holding mechanism in place? Also, have you seen what screws are used? Is it possible to mount CAST with quiver killer? I guess heel screws are exactly the same except for the additional one for bails. Are toe screws the same?

Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    Bruce, is the brake-holding mechanism in place? Also, have you seen what screws are used? Is it possible to mount CAST with quiver killer? I guess heel screws are exactly the same except for the additional one for bails. Are toe screws the same?
    As far as location goes quiver killers should work as it uses the same mounting pattern. I can not remember what kind of thread quiver killers use, but the heads are the same so you should be able to make it work.

As far as location goes quiver killers should work as it uses the same mounting pattern. I can not remember what kind of thread quiver killers use, but the heads are the same so you should be able to make it work.
    M5 screws go into quiver killers. Just make sure the heads work

You’re going to need custom qk screws to use quiver killers, the heads of the shoulder bolts for the toes are significantly different from standard binding screws. I don’t know the exact specs but you could probably email them and figure out exactly what screws were used and find a qk replacement.