Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    I seem to recall there being a latch, is it the blue knob?

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    That's my recollection as well.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    These parts?

Name:  lock_1fc19523-8a3a-4222-8637-bfbf9452a1f3_250x250_crop_top@2x.png
Views: 4043
Size:  577.8 KB

stopped by the warehouse yesterday, can confirm there is a latch. also can confirm the new system looks really good, and works with dynafit crampons still for anyone who care about that.

has swapable afd's if you want to tour in a boot thats wtr and ski resort in one thats iso norm. toe pedestal height doesnt change so may change the delta of the binding very slightly swapping between the two.

also they have a working prototype of a brake holder that looks pretty sick, should be included in all cast 2.0 orders they said since they're still waiting on a few parts for the system anyway.
    Last edited by madriverfreeride; 11-24-2017 at 09:22 PM. Reason: fix spelling

Looks like I may be ordering a pair in the near future then....

Any updates? Anyone get a pair? Use feedback? Going to use my 1.0’s today

Delayed until mid/late January due to parts suppliers not delivering on time...

Quote Originally Posted by snoboy View Post
    Delayed until mid/late January due to parts suppliers not delivering on time...
    Thanks. Best of luck to them. It could work out. Looks like all the other burly touring binding systems are having issues. CAST could sweep up a lot of people now weary of kingpin/tectron/shift

I'm a potential convert from being interested in the Kingpin since last season.

Are they totally inundated, or are they still accepting orders? Seems like all quiet on the front...
    A fucking show dog with fucking papers

Anyone heard any further word, or seen their bindings? I am ready to get these mounted up. If they are a long way out i have Si&I I could use instead.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Last email update was December 11th, where they said that production is delayed and bindings will be shipped early-mid january. Still nothing new. Initially while pre-ordering I thought I would ski CAST for the whole season, but now just hoping for them to arrive before spring

The new -2017- CAST touring system thread

Rumor is next week (or the week after) for all the parts being in the shop, bindings being assembled, and shipped out

I need to swing over there and get toes put in my new boots. I’ll try to get the scoop from the boys

I put in an order about a week ago and Silas wrote saying he thought I'd get it by mid Feb. I'm asuming all you guys who ordered early will be quite a bid ahead of that?

Any word out of Driggs on these?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Springskiin View Post
    Any word out of Driggs on these?

I heard that they're trying to get them out before they head to EU in Feb. The delay I heard is hand-welding a few parts.

5 days ago I mailed guys and Silas told me they will start shipping before the end of the month

That is just 4 days away... very exciting if it's true!

Angry Where are they?

Anybody heard about a shipping day. Last contact I had with Silas said “shipping by the end of the month”...

Well, there’s only two days left in the month. I understand production delays, but considering I ordered in October, I find the lack of communication disturbing. I have complete faith that the product will be amazing, but I have no faith in seeing them this entire ski season. Needless to say I’m bummed out.

Has anyone taken apart the P18 toe before as they show in the pedestal upgrade section of the website? I was going to order P18s from Sego, but they're out of stock of 115 brakes so I'll probably just get them somewhere else and do the mod myself. Seems very straightforward, but I've had issues putting parts back together, especially parts that have springs. Is it as easy as they show? Is there a spring catch that's tough to get aligned, or does it just sit there while everything gets compressed when you put it all back together?

Thumbs up Is this a good sign? We finally may have some confirmation they will get here this wi

I just saw this on Insta, 2:30 Feb 2nd. A photo of what I can only assume are new CAST bindings.

TGR won’t let me post photos...

Just Crickets out there? I like the guys and believe in their product, so I don’t want to see any mob. But I have not heard or seen anything. Can’t even find this Instagram post tjburkesalad was talking about. I even offered to volunteer a few evenings to the guys to get product out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Springskiin View Post
    Just Crickets out there? I like the guys and believe in their product, so I don’t want to see any mob. But I have not heard or seen anything. Can’t even find this Instagram post tjburkesalad was talking about. I even offered to volunteer a few evenings to the guys to get product out the door.
    Yeah, I don't understand this too. I like the product and I realize I basically dropped money in "kickstarter" project so I don't require much from them... But for realz, is it so hard just to drop couple of lines about current status every two weeks? Why should people write mails, search for mythic instagram photos and all that? That lack of information is frustrating.

When do they get back from EU, because skiing must be there priority. This years snow suck anyway unless we get a massive storm.

They aren't in the EU.

Email the boys for questions.

They both were scheduled to go to Canada but Lars stayed home to work on CAST 2.0.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using TGR Forums mobile app