Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Thanks! That's what I suspected. I had seen first-gen reviews saying 7mm increased stack, but couldn't find anything on the current, second-gen model. Turns out I already have the GW AFD, so I won't notice the difference. Sweet.

Now it's time to upgrade my old Il Moro Fauxton aka the Not-Krypton (Il Moro with the stiffer Krypton liner...that I got from ol jdadour!) with that new Krypton TI. R11, Pivot/CAST, Krypton...damn. that'll be a killer resort/slack set-up.
    TEAM DALBELLO, MOUNT UP! That new Krypton Ti is a very very good CAST boot. Will work perfectly!

Thanks! That's what I suspected. I had seen first-gen reviews saying 7mm increased stack, but couldn't find anything on the current, second-gen model. Turns out I already have the GW AFD, so I won't notice the difference. Sweet.

Now it's time to upgrade my old Il Moro Fauxton aka the Not-Krypton (Il Moro with the stiffer Krypton liner...that I got from ol jdadour!) with that new Krypton TI. R11, Pivot/CAST, Krypton...damn. that'll be a killer resort/slack set-up.
    This is my exact setup but I prefer to rock my Pro HD for dedicated tour days. Use the TI inbounds and if I do a sidecountry lap.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    This is my exact setup but I prefer to rock my Pro HD for dedicated tour days. Use the TI inbounds and if I do a sidecountry lap.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    My setup is Pro HDs, then I can swap on the full Krypton cuffs for a beefier setup. Provides a lot of versatility depending on which cuff you choose to use. My buddy and I rock the same setup now.

Meter, getting the Pro HD gives you more versatility, then you throw on the cuff of the Il Moro on there, and you basically have a new Krypton TI.

Join Clan Kryptlupo: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...highlight=lupo

giggity….

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C0DB464F-8019-4B74-AA1C-7821611FC38F.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	690.2 KB 
ID:	395410

Has anyone ever had any issues with the posts loosening over time?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Has anyone ever had any issues with the posts loosening over time?
    They don't have to be very tight in order to do their job.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    They don't have to be very tight in order to do their job.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    For sure, just wondering if this is an issue as brought up by the cascade guy who is making the new plate.

Just wondering if anyone who ordered during November (aka the second pre-order window) has received a shipping notification yet?
    Last edited by ASmileyFace; 12-07-2021 at 10:44 AM.

Ordered on the 7th of November. Crickets

Shipping target date is December 10 on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I just got an email from them today saying things are on track to ship by the end of the week, at least for the Forza.

Last part came back from Ano today. Orders are currently being put together, hopefully shipping tomorrow.

Super stoked on these, installed them yesterday and got out for a quick little walk after getting 5 inches of snow in town.

Name:	IMG_0382.JPG 
Views:	188 
Size:	147.5 KB 
ID:	395774

Quote Originally Posted by silaschickeringayers View Post
    Last part came back from Ano today. Orders are currently being put together, hopefully shipping tomorrow.
    Stoke!

Email just confirmed mine shipped today

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Super stoked on these, installed them yesterday and got out for a quick little walk after getting 5 inches of snow in town.

Name:	IMG_0382.JPG 
Views:	188 
Size:	147.5 KB 
ID:	395774

Are those 192s and if so how hard do you anticipate kick turns being on these?

They are, mounted on the line.

I did 2 or 3 today and they weren’t terrible but coming from 190 praxis BC mounted 1 CM forward so guess I’ve been well seasoned for maximum extension during kick turns.

Might be a silly question but I'm not to keen on searching through 20+ pages for an answer but if I want to mount a CAST system on a prior Look Pivot mount, can I just use the same holes or should I install some helicoils for better retention?
    For Sale:

If you're in the Northeast and would like to borrow some Jigarex Plates I have:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Might be a silly question but I'm not to keen on searching through 20+ pages for an answer but if I want to mount a CAST system on a prior Look Pivot mount, can I just use the same holes or should I install some helicoils for better retention?
    Using heli coils would be a good idea, but as long as you are careful not to strip the holes, you’ll be fine

I just got finished remounting mine , after procrastinating for a year because they worked on the hill with the alpine toes in.
    The previous mount on the skis was unknown to me and i reused holes that left the two rear cast shoulder bolts on the toes a little tilted. I could get the look alpine toes clicked in but the slight tilt of those rear screws wouldnt allow the cast tech toes to mount.
    I pealed off all the cast toe mounts and filled the holes with g flex epoxy with chopped fibreglass. Then i redrilled the screw holes, then drilled them bigger for inserts. Then drilled bigger again for helicoils that the inserts screw into. That left a big enough hole to compensate and encompass the original offset of the holes. The helicoils with inserts in the middle are both epoxied in to the ski with 72 hr epoxy and the surface area of those helicoils should make things super solid. There's a fair bit of expansion pressure spreading out grabbing on to the ski as well. I think i read in hear that Lars and Silas use helicoils in their personal mounts for added purchase for the super human things they do on skis.
    Long story short. Yes you can

Also big thanks to Thom for coaching me through my set up and for the suggestion to let the epoxy set up with the machine screws through the shoulder bolts with the tech toes in place for perfect alignment. After it set i went back and took the screws out and added the threadlocker between the machine screws and inserts. You may want to do something similar. Youre just using heli coils znd binding screws without adding inserts in the mix but you may want to throw the tech toes in place when you let the epoxy set so you'll have a perfect alignment. Just make sure you screw everything in and clean any excess epoxy begore you put the tech toe in place for alignment and the epoxy to set

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Using heli coils would be a good idea, but as long as you are careful not to strip the holes, you’ll be fine

If yer gonna use the existing holes with helicoils, make sure those holes are precise. The tolerances for the toe pieces is incredibly low.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I just got finished remounting mine , after procrastinating for a year because they worked on the hill with the alpine toes in.
    The previous mount on the skis was unknown to me and i reused holes that left the two rear cast shoulder bolts on the toes a little tilted. I could get the look alpine toes clicked in but the slight tilt of those rear screws wouldnt allow the cast tech toes to mount.
    I pealed off all the cast toe mounts and filled the holes with g flex epoxy with chopped fibreglass. Then i redrilled the screw holes, then drilled them bigger for inserts. Then drilled bigger again for helicoils that the inserts screw into. That left a big enough hole to compensate and encompass the original offset of the holes. The helicoils with inserts in the middle are both epoxied in to the ski with 72 hr epoxy and the surface area of those helicoils should make things super solid. There's a fair bit of expansion pressure spreading out grabbing on to the ski as well. I think i read in hear that Lars and Silas use helicoils in their personal mounts for added purchase for the super human things they do on skis.

Also big thanks to Thom for coaching me through my set up and for the suggestion to let the epoxy set up with the machine screws through the shoulder bolts with the tech toes in place for perfect alignment. After it set i went back and took the screws out and added the threadlocker between the machine screws and inserts. You may want to do something similar. Youre just using heli coils znd binding screws without adding inserts in the mix but you may want to throw the tech toes in place when you let the epoxy set so you'll have a perfect alignment. Just make sure you screw everything in and clean any excess epoxy begore you put the tech toe in place for alignment and the epoxy to set

Never thought about helicoils with inserts. Love that idea.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Never thought about helicoils with inserts. Love that idea.
    Necessity is the mother of invention i guess

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post

Ya know ... I have only one pair of skis that isn't capable of ducking outside the ropes, and I'm wavering toward retrofitting a CAST setup on them. I can't think of a compelling reason to not not do so ... or at least pick up the kit (less binders) and stash it for future installation, so I don't spend that money on my other money sinks like guitars and other toys ;-)

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Ya know ... I have only one pair of skis that isn't capable of ducking outside the ropes, and I'm wavering toward retrofitting a CAST setup on them. I can't think of a compelling reason to not not do so ... or at least pick up the kit (less binders) and stash it for future installation, so I don't spend that money on my other money sinks like guitars and other toys ;-)

... Thom
    Another of those N + 1 situations. Nice to have if you have a use. Seems most hill have a sidestash that a CAST system will come in handy. After putting a few hundred days on my V1 cast system, on my gpo's , it was a no brainer. I probably only put the tech toes in 50ish days. The other days i never gave them a 2nd thought. The perfect on hill system. Itching to try these v2's now. I guess i tried them on my RX's but not on the BG's , still itchin