Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17
    Quote Originally Posted by scandy89 View Post
    If I want to get a cast system to run two separate skis, Iíd need inserts correct? I ordered the 2nd ski kit and toe pedestals (to save $$ and Iíll get the tech toes later) as far as I can tell the heel piece has to be permanently mounted to the ski, but you could swap the toe piece between skis. So youíd need either inserts or multiple sets of heels? Having a cast system an p18ís I could run on anything would be
    Iíve Heli coiled one pair of skis I have CAST 2.0 on. It was a pain in the ass. If you try this, before you load the holes with glue for the Heli coils, put the plate and the toe piece on the ski, then screw the T bolts in loosely through the toe piece holes and plate. Take one out at a time and add glue. I did this once then said never again.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The issue is that the toe screws have to be super straight for the toes to swap easily, right?

I've been planning to do one set with inserts, but haven't mounted them yet. I've got a steel block to use as a tap guide which should help. Am I doomed?

If you have someone do it with a vertical mill, you'll know the holes are perfectly positioned.

I've got access to a mill, I can do that part. Still need to get them tapped straight, and doing that on the mill seems sketchy.

Donít see the benefit of the helicoil/inserts with the cast. Is there one? I have a cast set up and for the life of me donít see the need.

In my case it's to use them as a travel ski with Cast, but a lighter tech binding to tour on most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    In my case it's to use them as a travel ski with Cast, but a lighter tech binding to tour on most of the time
    You just lost me

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    You just lost me

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Lol. Not a lot of skis I'd want to do that on, but I'm talking about a pair of Lotus 138s. Can't see myself wanting to ride them in the resort much, so they'll mostly get touring use at home but I'd like to have the option to throw the Cast setup I have anyway for other skis on them for the odd heli/cat ski trip.