inbounds ski apps

any free favorites that track runs, vert, speed, etc.?

i used trace last season and liked it.

i like numbers and especially rehabbing from knee surgery i like to keep track of how much i'm actually doing versus what i feel like i'm doing.

Ski Tracks works for me...

Paging Greg at Alpine Zone ...
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

no need. we pm all the time. i'm the bridge.

Just about any of the fitness apps will do it. I have used I cardiovascular because it's a friend of mines app. Many mountains have apps the do it, at least Mammoth does. All the hiking/map apps as well like Giaia (sp?). I rarely use them for skiing because they eat up battery life if on all day.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Ski Tracks for a phone-specific app.

I've been using my Suunto and then exporting to Strava.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Ski Tracks seems to work pretty well for me both inbounds and touring. I've compared the mileage/vert to mapping out on Hillmap and it looks accurate. However, the speed and incline don't seem nearly as accurate.
    It sucks to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    ...I rarely use them for skiing because they eat up battery life, if on all day...
    This is key point, imho.
    Are any of the apps that are useful for skiing, also good at conserving battery life?

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

The key to conserving battery life is to stick a toe warmer to the back of the phone. Spent all year thinking ski tracks was draining my battery. Tried the toe warmer and I only lost 20% total charge throughout the day rather than going dead shortly after lunch as usual.

i tried that for about an hour and was afraid i would damage the phone. i brought a lttle cigar sized usb charge pack but forgot to put it in my backpack. barely made it back to the car at the end of the day with any battery. i used trace again yesterday. does anybody have a critique of it?

I used Trace for awhile, then made the mistake of buying their little piece of tracking hardware, but that was no good, and had no service from them after, so I'm boycotting Trace now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Strava?

Reading the reviews, of Trace app & Alpine/Squaw app, it seems peeps prefered the older version over the update.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...