Flying with ABS and the TSA?

Any updates on flying with a nitrogen cylinder for an ABS pack? Best I can see, it is an absolute no in the US.

Anybody fly with one lately? I can't find the thread from a few years ago, which as I recall it was okay to fly then.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Been doing some digging, and AirCanada says no avalanche packs on flights to or from the US.

Tried UPS, but never talked to anybody who seemed to have a clue, but the best I can find is to ship a nitrogen canister you have to be hazmat approved by taking a $500 training class???

Anybody, ship these, UPS, FedEx USPS?

Rental in Whistler appears to be $20/day.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

if they will do a cylinder exchange you can fly with an empty and then you pay an exchange fee vs a rental
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Who quoted you the $20/day rate in Whistler?

Excess Backcountry. Website says $20/day, but I called and its $20 day one and $16 after, and I assume that is Canadian dollars.

iscariot