Edge bevel advice - Moment Deathwish

I’ve been skiing a Moment Deathwish as my daily driver the past couple seasons. I love the ski. It has surprisingly good grip on firm snow and tracks well, though at times I wish it released/pivoted a little easier in chopped up snow or crusty stuff, where it tends to hook up a bit. Any advice for loosening it up and making it surfier– especially in terms of the triple camber? I’ve played around with detuning tips and tails, which has helped, but it still doesn’t release as easily as I would like.

I’m pretty naïve about edge bevels. What would be ideal? I think it came with a 1/1 factory tune (not sure about this), but I’ve been running a 2 degree fixed angle side bevel with a diamond stone on it. That’s the extent of my edge tuning (never had them ground or anything and maybe needs a good shop tune, but the edges seem in pretty good shape). Does a 2 degree bevel contribute to it hooking up? Should I go back to a 1 degree side bevel? Change of base bevel? Any advice is most appreciated.

From the factory 1/1. Have my second pair of Deathwish's, I find them very good in chop. The only thing I can add is that at very low speeds they have a mind of their own. If you detune too far back and get into the micro-cambers that could foul things up.

You might want to send an email and ask Moment what their thoughts are. My guess is they have experience with different edge / base bevels. Having multiple pair of Moment's in our family (7) I have asked a lot of questions and at least in my experience they respond very quickly.

you could try increasing the base bevel just in the tip and tail sections to 2-3 degrees. bring this bevel back into the running length by 2-3" and detune the tips and tails. This kind of progressive beveling makes rockered skis much less hooky. There are some other similar threads about beveling rockered skis. or search progressive base beveling on google, you should find some info.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

I have never found the DW "hooky". My son skis them also and he agrees, I might look for another solution rather than getting anywhere close to the micro-cambers of the DW