Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    So occasionaly I do this sorta mexican grilled chicken kebab dealio. I make a marinade of red wine vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil and chili powder and whatnot. I take some of the marinade and put it aside before I put the chicken in the rest of it, then I and pour the the reserved marinade over the chicken after I take it off the grill.

Tonight I fucked up. I poured the marinade I had soaked the raw chicken in back over the chicken when it was ready instead of the reserved marinade. Picked up the wrong bowl, basically. Wasn't paying enough attention. Didn't realize my mistake until we were cleaning up a few minutes ago.

Am I gonna die?
    You'll know in a couple of hours. Did you wash off the chicken before you marinaded it. Did you marinade in the refrigerator. If you did both you're very likely fine. If you didn't you're probably fine. Oh wait--did you have a salad with romaine? If yes, can I have your skis?

Maybe I need vodka?

Maybe I need vodka?
    You'll die happy.

The vinegar might save you if there was enough of it in there. Or you might just get lucky.

Pretty fair amount, ⅓ of the marinade. Still feeling reasonable at 3:35 post consumption.

Hey if I don't get sick I just figured out how to save a step in making this meal.

Trunk Chicken has nothing on this recipe.

I'll tell you what, when you don't pour the poison juice over the food accidentally, it's a pretty bomber recipe. ⅓ each soy sauce, red wine vinegar and olive oil, then chili powder, spice etc as you see fit. Oddly, dried basil is really good in this recipe. Super simple, fast, and tasty, which is my goal always. Self-poisoning is not usually the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Trunk Chicken has nothing on this recipe.
    If trunk chicken didn't kill all those people, iceman is safe
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I'm a little perturbed there hasn't been more of an outpouring from well-wishers. Come on people, I could be dying here.

Assuming 5% acidity in the vinegar, likely a little higher for red wine vin., diluted to one third would be roughly a ph of 2.7. But its late and I worked all day and that's using water to dilute. The salinity of the soy will help but the oil can throw a wrench in things, suspending particles.

Most bacteria don't do well past a ph of about 4. At least the kind typical of raw chicken.

You should be fine.

Back to my hole I go.

I'm a little perturbed there hasn't been more of an outpouring from well-wishers. Come on people, I could be dying here.
    Just let us know when you're peeing blood and advice and support will be forthcoming. Heck, we might even mount a search party and call EMS for you.

And what ppps sez.

Thoughts and prayers.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

So occasionaly I do this sorta mexican grilled chicken kebab dealio. I make a marinade of red wine vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil and chili powder and whatnot. I take some of the marinade and put it aside before I put the chicken in the rest of it, then I and pour the the reserved marinade over the chicken after I take it off the grill.

Tonight I fucked up. I poured the marinade I had soaked the raw chicken in back over the chicken when it was ready instead of the reserved marinade. Picked up the wrong bowl, basically. Wasn't paying enough attention. Didn't realize my mistake until we were cleaning up a few minutes ago.

Am I gonna die?
    Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    You'll know in a couple of hours. Did you wash off the chicken before you marinaded it. Did you marinade in the refrigerator. If you did both you're very likely fine. If you didn't you're probably fine. Oh wait--did you have a salad with romaine? If yes, can I have your skis?
    Nevermind the skis, I want the ocean property that one can't build on. That's gold.

Quote Originally Posted by papapoopski View Post
    Assuming 5% acidity in the vinegar, likely a little higher for red wine vin., diluted to one third would be roughly a ph of 2.7. But its late and I worked all day and that's using water to dilute. The salinity of the soy will help but the oil can throw a wrench in things, suspending particles.

Most bacteria don't do well past a ph of about 4. At least the kind typical of raw chicken.

You should be fine.

Back to my hole I go.
    Subscribed.

You can at least take comfort in the fact that the irony of you dying from some chicken juice after all the other shit you’ve survived wouldn’t be lost on your internet friends.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

On tangential note, who among you has died of botulism from eating home canned food without using an approved recipe?

I love my salsa. Normally don't water bath or pressure can it. Just consume within a week or so. Never lasts that long anyway.

Local cash n carry type place had 25lbs of romas for 20 bucks. Made a big batch. Added some more vinegar than normal and citric acid powder. Pressure canned for 15 min or so at 5lbs. All lids were too tight to open by hand on day 1 and day 121. Just opened last jar. Tasted and smelled like day 1. It's been a week and I haven't died of botulism.

Anyone else take similar calculated risks with canned food? Most of the internet says "yerr gonna die!" I guess if the lid is super tight and it sucks air when opened, and it was pressure canned, I don't really see much of a risk, but idk what idk.

Anyone ever gone to the trouble of getting a recipe verified by a local university or some such thing? How about a ph meter?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Thoughts and prayers.
    This.

Hope that makes ice feel more loved.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

anyone heard from otzl?
    he is probably deceased
    swing your fucking sword.

Yeah I died and went to heaven. It's pretty cool here, Trump lost!

No ill effects from the chicken btw.

he lives!
    swing your fucking sword.

No ill effects from the chicken btw.

Sending vibes

On another note, does anyone like larb gai? Delicious raw ground chicken marinated in lime, garlic, chili and mint.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums