Bike rental in Phx/Sedona

American Airlines wants to charge 150 each way to bring my bike. Looks like shipping will be at least 160 round trip. Who has recommendations for a shop with a good Large full suspension 29er to rent for the week. Or, perhaps even better who wants to rent me their steed for the week? Any AZ mags out there?

Over the Edge Sedona has a pretty sick rental fleet.

Bike rental in Phx/Sedona

My cousin lives in Phoenix and rides in Sedona often. I'll check with him.

Otherwise, check into bikeflights. Also pika pack works makes soft luggage for bikes that can sometimes come in under size restrictions.

Drive to Spokane and fly Southwest? They charge $75 each way. A week's rental is probably going to cost $50-75 a day so even $150 each way you will still save or break even vs renting. Unless you just want to check out something new...

Good stuff, thx for the beta fellas. I'll look into the bikeflights Kai, and if not, hopefully I can get a decent weekly deal in phx. I have a hard shell box. But shipping ain't what it used to be. Good to know on cheaper sw freight fees but already committed to American. FYI, US Airways is worse at 400 rt for a bike. Might as well strap my bike in 1st class with me.

Did you check with your LBS on shipping? Our local ships for customers at his rates...

In Sedona: Over the Edge and Absolute Bikes

When's your trip? -- feel free to PM me if you want.

Over the Edge in Sedona.... plenty of killer options.

Also, Bike and Bean in Village of Oak Creek. Just as solid as the other shops, just different brands. And a great location to start a ride.

Hey Rico, where do you suggest I ride with my 9 yo in Flag in two weeks? He is basically a beginner to single track. Aren't there trails near the bottom of Schultz? Is there a better zone?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Hey Rico, where do you suggest I ride with my 9 yo in Flag in two weeks? He is basically a beginner to single track. Aren't there trails near the bottom of Schultz? Is there a better zone?
    Yeah, there are some what I would call beginner trails, around the bottom of Schultz. But don't go to the actual Schultz Creek trailhead (if it's even open in 2 weeks), start at the Y, which is the dirt lot at the junction of Schultz Pass road and Eldon Lookout Road. Follow the obvious trail going east out of the lot, and there's a small network of loops out there. You should be able to see them on Google Earth.
    The Coconino county park just south of town has trails, some of which I would say a beginner could do.
    Or you could go to the east end of Flagstaff and ride the Campell Mesa trails, most are appropriate for beginners.

RaisingArizona might know of some others.
    Last edited by Rico in Flag; 03-22-2017 at 04:18 PM.