Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Been on the boot for about 6 or 7 full days now. Good amount of hiking, technical skiing, power, bumps, etc. I like the way it skis. Exited to be able to tour with it too.

But, it fits great everywhere, except way too much volume in the forefoot/arch. I guess my feet aren't as wide/high arch as I thought they were? Using an MV power wrap intuition that has been baked several times. They ski nice and stiff, but I think I need more volume. HV intuition? I have never gone down the HV road before with intuitions.

Talking

Just got a pair to replace my old aces and am super stoked on the initial feel and ride quality. Liners are dope.

I've got four days on mine now. Coming from Salomon race boot. Fit is really good, maybe a bit loose in fore foot. Might not be for you if you have a really skinny foot. Ankle grip is good. I like the flex, feels a bit firmer than my Salomons. I like the cork liner. Nice weight for dual purpose boot. Been used solely in-bounds so far.

Biggest adjustment has been the more vertical stance compared to my last pair (12*). Took a bit of time to relearn the balance point. I'm finding it harder to engage the tip (skiing with Blizzard Cochese) at slower speeds, but feels better balanced at high speeds, seems to engage more of the ski. I do find myself in the backseat at times when thrown off balance. This is getting less common than the first day out with them.

Overall, I'm really happy with the purchase. Worth a try if you're interested in a Backcountry capable boot that skis well enough for daily use. Shop mentioned that they punch really well, something about the plastic they use for the lower shell.

Could someone please post pics of the walk /ski mechanism? Views that show how it engages/releases?
    Thanks.

Does this give you what you're looking for? Pretty straightforward and easy to switch lever.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I thought they skied pretty well - although roomy for my foot. I've got a pair of 27.5 in gearswap for cheap. Even cheaper for a mag lookin to get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady586 View Post
    Does this give you what you're looking for? Pretty straightforward and easy to switch lever.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Thanks, but not quite, internal view to see how it engages is what I'd like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    I thought they skied pretty well - although roomy for my foot. I've got a pair of 27.5 in gearswap for cheap. Even cheaper for a mag lookin to get into it.
    They ski much better if you put in a big fat rear spoiler and switch this shitty og strap to a booster strap, just sayin.

Buckles too „sharp“???

Hi guys, I noticed that the buckles of the strider are kind of „sharp“ at the edges. Has anyone had problems with them destroying pants?

Hasn't been a problem for me, mind you I don't get as many days in as I used to.

However, outer cuffs getting cuts from edges, and now filling with snow despite additional fabric added, one of my pet peeves...

What spoiler have you guys added to these? Bought a pair at the end of the season, plan to mainly use them in bounds

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ElementofSurprise View Post
    What spoiler have you guys added to these? Bought a pair at the end of the season, plan to mainly use them in bounds

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    I would look into this:
    https://www.pulserevelstoke.com/accessories/proflex

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	funded.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	155.7 KB 
ID:	299118

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    whoa. I kind of want a set of those for both my boots (Striders/Mach1s). Anyone been using these? Price is steep. I guess this is a good use of spent boots, just need to add hardware.

Last edited by klauss; 10-23-2019 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    whoa. I kind of want a set of those for both my boots (Striders/Mach1s). Anyone been using these? Price is steep. I guess this is a good use of spent boots, just need to add hardware.
    It's a relatively new product...here's the Kickstarter from last winter but I think Pulse has an excellent reputation (I want their liners):
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-pulse-proflex

So obviously the strider grip walk soles are garbage. Anyone replaced with a different brand? Just armchair browsing perhaps the k2 or tecnica look like easiest to Jerry rig on.

Am I gonna die

Since the Strider and Cochise have the same sole pads, is the Strider actually made by Tecnica? Or are Nordica and Tecnica sibling companies?

Nordica, Tecnica, and Blizzard are all part of Tecnica Group.

Shift vs Strider

Hello Together

is there a comparison between Strider vs Shift pro?

Can anyone say anything about it? fit? Heel pocket?

Many thanks and greetings