Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Wasatch 2017

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    anyone know about the park city law that states if you destroy an established bike trail you have to cut a new trail that is of equal length? Is it a city law or summit county law? and does this law apply to the canyons bike park?

I know that this law has saved spin cycle and was key for mid mountain when they begun the colonies development. Just wondering if this law should be applied to the canyons bike park?
    Are they taking out the trail, or just taking out the wooden features? I've heard both. The investment on this is strange to me. One lady ranted to me about how those trails "saved her family". I ride through there all the time, but I only use the resort as an access point, and not a destination. I'm not invested.

I recognize my hypocrisy on this. I'm the guy who will still rant on what I see as a monumental failure in the local community when we let Mid Mountain get rerouted and renamed to iron mountain.

My neighbors on the board at Mountain Trials. I'll ask him and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Are they taking out the trail, or just taking out the wooden features? I've heard both.
    Details posted here previously indicated that they were going to re-grade that entire are into a beginner ski zone. Full scorched-earth.

One lady ranted to me about how those trails "saved her family".
    Three letter first name starting with "L"?

I recognize my hypocrisy on this. I'm the guy who will still rant on what I see as a monumental failure in the local community when we let Mid Mountain get rerouted and renamed to iron mountain.
    The gondola re-route between Spiro and Pinecone still sucks, too.

[insert obligatory "Fuck Vail" comment here]

IDK how much re-grading is happening, but my assumption would be that the High Meadow stuff is gone. I suppose I could just pedal my out of shape ass up there and do a welfare check on Dropkick/Ricochet/Insurgent at some point soon.

Not today, though! Packing up to head down south for the long weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Details posted here previously indicated that they were going to re-grade that entire are into a beginner ski zone. Full scorched-earth.
    I can't blame them for taking out some of that shit if they're going to re purpose the slope, but I'm not a park rat, so it's NBD to me. I'm excited to see some of the old stuff like ricochet and insurgent grow back in.

That chick and her husband are nutters. According to her the CBP cured cancer. I've never watched someone actually go insane, but I think reading his posts are probably the same thing.

Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    I can't blame them for taking out some of that shit if they're going to re purpose the slope, but I'm not a park rat, so it's NBD to me. I'm excited to see some of the old stuff like ricochet and insurgent grow back in.
    Yeah, it should be a great thing for the stuff below MM. Should be a lot less hammered.

I've never watched someone actually go insane, but I think reading his posts are probably the same thing.
    FB or somewhere else? Not surprised.

Edit: Disregard, fake news.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 05-24-2018 at 08:40 PM.

from FB:

"Some parts of trail are dry others won’t be for 12 days."

Not sure it's actually a go.

Usual snow patches or are there extended mud sections?

Not sure, I haven't been up there yet personally. Just passing along the info I saw. Where'd you see/hear that it's good to go?

1. Bwahahaha. That’s what I was thinking.

2. Oh man, the loss of that black dirt chicane still stings.

Between that reroute and Bob’s Basin reroute, two of my favorite sections of trail were annhilated.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Not sure, I haven't been up there yet personally. Just passing along the info I saw. Where'd you see/hear that it's good to go?
    Got a text from the wife, not sure what her source is. I'm not seeing corroborating reports on the MTBEU or trail condition network pages. The Brighton webcam shows *just* enough snow on the ridgeline to give me some pause.

Slyfox says it’s gtg. Soooo basically it’ll be brake bumps, newly straightened out turns and deep mud ruts by Monday.

^ yeah, I thought about heading up to check it out when I saw that (he's the same one that wrote what I quoted above by the way, about it not being ready for 2 weeks) but I don't think I need to add to the hordes of people that will be heading up there to create ruts.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Slyfox says it’s gtg. Soooo basically it’ll be brake bumps, newly straightened out turns and deep mud ruts by Monday.
    I'm not sure how you guys follow that dipshit. I can feel my brain cells dying in the presence of his posts. He's the second worst thing to happen to mountain biking in the wasatch, the first being the "enthusiasts."

LOL @ Crest. It's under 8' of snow in parts. I know because I scouted it on Sunday. Took me 2 hours to go through a section that normally takes 10 minutes. Carrying a bike while postholing up to your junk, in shorts, is a lot of work. Let the shuttle monkeys have at it, you guys wait another 3 weeks and do it the easy way.

The Spine was clear though, yay.

I'm not sure how you guys follow that dipshit. I can feel my brain cells dying in the presence of his posts. He's the second worst thing to happen to mountain biking in the wasatch, the first being the "enthusiasts."
    Wait, that's the guy who runs the "free" shuttle and has multiple DUIs, right? Yeah, fuck that guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    LOL @ Crest. It's under 8' of snow in parts. I know because I scouted it on Sunday. Took me 2 hours to go through a section that normally takes 10 minutes. Carrying a bike while postholing up to your junk, in shorts, is a lot of work. Let the shuttle monkeys have at it, you guys wait another 3 weeks and do it the easy way.

The Spine was clear though, yay.
    Cool, thanks.

Wait, that's the guy who runs the "free" shuttle and has multiple DUIs, right? Yeah, fuck that guy.

Not to mention the fact that he's been sued more times than Trump. I swear, he hasn't paid a bill since Nixon was in office.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

the good news is I have some 2018 KOMs for a week or so.

Cool, thanks.
    I'm no Slyfox fan but does he really have DUIs? I think that's a rumor someone posted here and was actually about someone else.

I think Big Racks was hoping for Shuttles starting June 10th.

Did some Park City recon yesterday 5-26. Was hoping to get higher than Shadow Lake, but there's still a bit of snow up there.

I took Armstrong-MMT-Tommy's-Three Candles-Keystone-Jupiter Access Road-Shadow Lake Loop-Keystone-Webster-Keystone-Tommy's-Mojave-MMT-Empire Link-Gina's Bypass-South Sweeny's.

Not much deadfall to speak of except for this little guy on Keystone between Three Candles and Apex.

The upper Shadow Lake Loop still has some sizable snow patches on it

Everything else was clear.... and getting dusty.

Tidal Wave is good right now, but watch out for some trees though on the lower half. I went up Tour De Suds and rode whatever trails I could closest to the highway, even some private paved bits up high, before cutting over. Surprisingly it all went going up with just some patches. M on the DV side though has a bunch of trees down, wondering if they won't cut anything until the lifts run?

Saw our hero Sly where I parked. He is doing paid shuttles now, $10.

We rode DV from bottom to top today. Saw like two or three trees down and crossed one snow patch. Deer Crest-MM-TBB- Ontario- then up whatever from the meadow to the top. Tsunami is good to go, the berms up top are soft though, and the rest was a little bit soft from moisture. Fast enough to clear all the jumps with a bit of pedaling. Hit Devo down from there, one snow patch and a couple downed trees. Rode well.

Things are really shaping up.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Nice.

I really wanted to get the kiddo up to Insurgent yesterday, but he really wanted to do Bobsled and the weather was iffy enough that I was OK with that. It was perfection. That trail is such a riot.

It's been nice living in Seattle the last few days.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 05-29-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0794.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	237506

Hard to beat early season in PC, crest connector clear to the top

Anybody want to do a Crest-Mill D lap tonight? Looking to get the kiddo and a friend of his up there tonight but striking out on shuttle partners. The climbs will be a bit slow but there will be minimal waiting on the descents.