Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Wasatch 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Thanks guys!
    Curious what you ended up on and how it worked out?

Quarry FTW

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3-2-18-A.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	525.7 KB 
ID:	226552

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Curious what you ended up on and how it worked out?
    Beaterdit gave us a tour of Barrel which was super fun. Most of the jumps were too big for Sam but he still had a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Beaterdit gave us a tour of Barrel which was super fun. Most of the jumps were too big for Sam but he still had a great time.
    Nice. Hard to imagine jumps being too big for him from what I've seen, but I do remember some of them requiring a decent amount of speed to make it.

He's done jumps as big as most of them, but the in-runs and landings are a lot rougher and looser which changes the game, especially on 20" wheels. He also hasn't ridden in a couple of months. I was glad he wanted to take it easy.

I was impressed with his judgement and take-it-easy attitude. It's hard for me to imagine that stuff his perspective, and rollin 'dubs', ha!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    and rollin 'dubs'
    Hah! I'm gonna steal that. I had enough family obligations on Saturday that I just randomly snuck in a few quick Turtle Wall/Paradise Rim laps when I could. You should check that one out on your way into/out of town some time. It's short but legit.

I'm not a bike park guy, but I'm already dreading the DV cluster this year. Rumors that PC/Canyons will be re-grading the entire high meadows area to be a beginner friendly ski area, putting in a high speed quad, and the park will not open this summer because of that. DV is going to be SLAMMED. If only snowbird or solitude had got their shit together and built more and better trails.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Oh man, there will be a lot of pissed off people if there is no Canyons BP this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    I'm not a bike park guy, but I'm already dreading the DV cluster this year. Rumors that PC/Canyons will be re-grading the entire high meadows area to be a beginner friendly ski area, putting in a high speed quad, and the park will not open this summer because of that. DV is going to be SLAMMED. If only snowbird or solitude had got their shit together and built more and better trails.
    High Meadow is already the bunny slope when it has snow on it, so I find this a little confusing. I will ask around.

VailCMR should just build a couple directional flow trails off PayDay or Crescent.

I'm not a bike park guy, but I'm already dreading the DV cluster this year. Rumors that PC/Canyons will be re-grading the entire high meadows area to be a beginner friendly ski area, putting in a high speed quad, and the park will not open this summer because of that.
    The other question is whether this will close the Canyons section of the Mid Mountain trail. If so, it sucks to see riding the Crest as a loop on dirt shut down.

Anyone know much about the new trail in Draper that GL is working on?

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Anyone know much about the new trail in Draper that GL is working on?
    Whoa, first I've heard about that.

Hopefully they wait to open it until the soil is actually consolidated. Opening Levitate like they did last year was stupid.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 03-15-2018 at 10:48 AM.

I saw the instagram that they got shut down due to weather last night. Hopefully its rowdy!
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

I saw the instagram that they got shut down due to weather last night. Hopefully its rowdy!
    given their current trends, I'm sure it's going to be quadruple black diamond!!!!

Reminder: Salt Lake Valley Trails Society is hosting a bike swap at State Fair Park on Saturday. Check details on their site if you want to sell stuff, otherwise go buy stuff.
    I can confirm there will be a Lg Knolly Endorphin frame/shock, 27.5 XTR wheelset, a bunch of random road cranks, and a pile of barely used CX tires for cheeeeeap.

Another FB post on MTBEU stating that the Canyons is no more, and that all bike park trails will be returned to their natural state. Hoping that it does not include Insurgent, etc. Will be an interesting summer on that half of the range. Also, heard it includes Park City side as well.

Another FB post on MTBEU stating that the Canyons is no more, and that all bike park trails will be returned to their natural state. Hoping that it does not include Insurgent, etc. Will be an interesting summer on that half of the range. Also, heard it includes Park City side as well.
    I am so bummed, but will be furious if this includes PCMR. Fuck Vail.

Yeah, I was really tempted for the $99/109 lift pass for PCMR if that was a thing this year.

JFC, let's not turn this place into that fucking Facebook group full of beaters and stale old fucks asking what kneepads are the best and if Eagle Mountain is ready. We're better than that. Anyone who didn't see this coming when they upgraded the golf course and fucked up Hollys is fucking blind. This isn't the end of biking in PC, let's not treat it as such. It's simple economics. Vail decided that it's much more profitable to cater to a different demographic, golifsts, on that piece of property. For those of us who pedal, not much is going to change. Oh, and Deer Valley was always better anyways.

Be sure you sign that petition though......... Dumbasses.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    JFC, let's not turn this place into that fucking Facebook group full of beaters and stale old fucks asking what kneepads are the best and if Eagle Mountain is ready. We're better than that. Anyone who didn't see this coming when they upgraded the golf course and fucked up Hollys is fucking blind. This isn't the end of biking in PC, let's not treat it as such. It's simple economics. Vail decided that it's much more profitable to cater to a different demographic, golifsts, on that piece of property. For those of us who pedal, not much is going to change. Oh, and Deer Valley was always better anyways.

Be sure you sign that petition though......... Dumbasses.
    I take it you must be a golfer. Last I checked this a thread about mountain biking in the Wasatch. Seems like an appropriate place to wonder about the status of one of my favorite places to ride.

A. Not a golfer.
    B. Obviously they're not going to close down all of PCMR. You don't pay IMBA to be listed as a "Gold Level Ride Center" only to close down your trails two years later.
    C. I hear there's a Facebook group full of conjecture and speculation where you can air your concerns.

I agree with your grumpy old ass. I just wanted to let people know what was happening. I never liked anything at the Canyons besides Insurgent and Red Hawk anyways, I just am hopeful that they keep those trails around, as well as Red Bull/Ski Team. Hell, lets spread doom and gloom and get people to quit mountain biking so its not such a massive shitshow on the weekends. Pass the whiskey.

Hell, lets spread doom and gloom and get people to quit mountain biking so its not such a massive shitshow on the weekends. Pass the whiskey.
    This.
    Also, the reason I hate those MTBEU cunts, you'd think Vail was raping all their women and closing Bobsled.

Anyone going to that UDOT LCC EIS meeting tomorrow night? Kiddo has a soccer game so I'm out. The reported plan to pave the Quarry trail smells like fearmongering, but this is UDOT we're talking about.