Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Unaware?!?

Young guy, he is 27, been working at DPS 2 yrs

When the lotus was happening he would have been. In engineering school or maybe even highschool
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Is it strange that this year's Powderworks™ Lotus 138 Tour Construction (foam core) is almost exactly the same weight as a 2007 rocker-1, flex-2 Lotus 138 (wood core)?
    https://www.dpsskis.com/powderworks-...8-19-20-bundle

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Is it strange that this year's Powderworks™ Lotus 138 Tour Construction (foam core) is almost exactly the same weight as a 2007 rocker-1, flex-2 Lotus 138 (wood core)?
    https://www.dpsskis.com/powderworks-...8-19-20-bundle
    You aren't the only person who saw that and turned up their nose.

I do wish they would make an Alchemist version of the L138 3.2. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Foam core completes DPS' jumping of the shark, which started with killing off the original versions of the 138 and 120, continued with the "never wax again" stuff, and now foam cores.

Foam cores suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I do wish they would make an Alchemist version of the L138 3.2. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.
    Yeah, wouldn't mind trying a 3.2.

Glad I grabbed a backup pair of rocker-1 (flex 3, my other pair is flex 2) a couple years ago, haven't seen any rocker 1's for sale since. I kind of dig their "garage-made" aesthetic; the topsheet graphic resolution is up-res'd JPEG fuzzy and the edges have waves because the bases weren't shaped quite right. Plus the carbon splinters from picking them up without gloves is always good for a pained smile on your face.

Powder snow cares not, and the angels sing beneath your feet.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    So I drank a few beers with the DPS guy when they biked thru here on the way to ski Denali, buddy sez he still has the Lotus forms but is unaware of the cult status the Lotus 120 has, I told him " build it and they will buy "
    My L120s are dying a slow death. Likely have to retire the big reds this season and finally put blue on some snow. I’m not happy about this. Give me the red ones again!

Curious if anyone here has skied the Tour 1 Lotus 124. If you are in the Wasatch and have a 310-320mm tech boot, him me up and try mine.

Having skied effectively every DPS shape and construction iteration ever, for me, it’s the one that stands the test of time... with Rocker 3.1 Lotus 138 a close second, and red OG lotus 120’s a distant third.

No horse in this race, been gone from DPS for 1.5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    Curious if anyone here has skied the Tour 1 Lotus 124. If you are in the Wasatch and have a 310-320mm tech boot, him me up and try mine.

Having skied effectively every DPS shape and construction iteration ever, for me, it’s the one that stands the test of time... with Rocker 3.1 Lotus 138 a close second, and red OG lotus 120’s a distant third.

I should try that 124 on your rec. The 138 3.2, 3.1, and OG red are my favs. Followed by OG white with red strip... and 120s.
    Welcome back!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    holy fuck the tech talk mayors back in da house

i haz what I think were yours at I time red 120s a mag gave me
    resuscitated them the got a few mounts but im trying to figure out a way of getting demo techs on em and sending them out
    as travlin maggot turn earners
    I have another pair that I may substitute
    my red 120s that were warranty's for the bamboo sidewall year have withstood the test of time well and have more days than any other pair in the quiver now
    maybe ski ya round the satch sometime
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

What's your favorite DPS version?

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    holy fuck the tech talk mayors back in da house
    X2

Interesting, may have to give the 124 a shot...

blast from the past.
    Haven't skied that one, still on the black bamboo sidewalled ones.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

we all miss you terribly. ((hugs....))

bamboo 105's, early.

snapped table ra sa s off a 15 footer outside of boise, almost broke my neck!

fucking water skiers.

carrion!

Been looking to find a more narrow ski to complement the wifes DPS Yvette 112 RP 168. She has loved them since we bought them and everything else she considers harder to ski. Now Im seriously confused by all the different models but the skis I have found is the Yvette 100 foundation or the Nina 99. Whats the difference in shape and construction between Nina and Yvette 100?

Quote Originally Posted by Pillard View Post
    Been looking to find a more narrow ski to complement the wifes DPS Yvette 112 RP 168. She has loved them since we bought them and everything else she considers harder to ski. Now Im seriously confused by all the different models but the skis I have found is the Yvette 100 foundation or the Nina 99. Whats the difference in shape and construction between Nina and Yvette 100?
    Did you try calling or emailing DPS? Sometimes there's a response lag, but in general, they're really good about answering questions.

Ask them to make some more of the old guard Lotus 120s from the mid to late oughties.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Calling from Sweden, on a company phone is usually a bit complicated and yes, I have been emailing them regarding this among other questions. First answer took a few days and the follow up question is still unanswered. At the same time it looks like they are very occupied with making visors for medical staff so I didnt feel like interrupting