Walk/ski lever on Technica Cochise - staying in walk mode

I have the 2014 120's. (Bright green). They have been constantly locking into tour mode this year. I have had to piss on my own boots a few times, not to mention my buddies to de-ice the mechanisms.

Going on a week long hut trip end of the month, I am hoping this is a cold weather problem but you never know.

Any tips? Rain-X? No idea.......
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

I think the combo of cold temps and snow/humidity are the culprit. I have greased both my boots and they have not stuck since BUT I have not toured in very cold temps since.

The play in the mechanism of my 40 day old Zero G guide Pro's on the other hand...

maybe a little silicone spray in the mechanism would do it, but definitely not as cool as pissing on your own boot. I've had the same issue with my original generation Cochise 120.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastdan View Post
    The play in the mechanism of my 40 day old Zero G guide Pro's on the other hand...
    What's happening with those? Thought they just had issues not going into ski mode.

My 2017 120's have been fine so far, other than a bit of separation at the seam between plastics at the toe (which hasn't been punched). You'd think the latch issue would be the same across all Cochise/0G's.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 03-17-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Damn, such a good line of boots... unfortunate that this problem seems to be persistent. I've never had the issue once with all three generations of boots... but I'm also in Tahoe 90% of the time and it's not nearly as cold, so maybe it is a cold weather problem as you suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    What's happening with those? Thought they just had issues not going into ski mode.

My 2017 120's have been fine so far, other than a bit of separation at the seam between plastics at the toe (which hasn't been punched). You'd think the latch issue would be the same across all Cochise/0G's.
    Started with one now both my boots have forward and back play at the mechanism. Parts are on the way and they say the issue is resolved for next year... time will tell. With 40 days on them there is about as much play as my 4 year old Cochise 120's

Will try some silicone spray. Not stoked to hear that it is a issue on the newer models as well. Looking at the zero g for next year.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    I have had to piss on my own boots a few times, not to mention my buddies........
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WDgq-K2oYLo

You would think they would've fixed this problem by now with how many complaints there are about this... My cousins pair he had from a few seasons ago had exact same problem... I'm thinking it won't be any different fix, just grease the boots with some silicone spray or something of the sorts and it'll be all good!