School me on Portable Speakers? waterproof BT

Looking to buy one or two for work. Will primarily be used at work and camping and on the river.

The Outdoor Tech Turtle shell 3.0 I've looked at has some pretty nice features, like the ability to "daisy chain", use as speakerphone, BT, waterproof, floats etc. So I'm pretty sold on that unless someone can tell me that it is a POS or there's something much better out there.

Not sure if it floats, but the sound quality is teh business
    https://www.wired.com/2015/09/review-ue-boom-2/

Awesome sound. I have a outdoor tech buckshot pro that is absolutely incredible too. The turtle shell is badass, and the power bank feature comes in real handy too. Get it

School me on Portable Speakers? waterproof BT

Not see how big you are looking at, but Fugoo xl has amazing sound, battery life, shockproof, waterproof, floats.

Also have 2 JBL charge 3's which I'd describe the same way. Smaller, but in tandem they're awesome. Sometimes I'll take one of them in my backpack skiing and play some tunes

Had ue boom 2, sound quality is considerably worse than either the two above. Still a good speaker

Check out the Bravens. Used my brv-x tubing a lot last summer and saw a few speakers stop working including my buddies fugo and my braven is good as new.

Another endorsement for the UE Boom. I've used it in heavy downpours while sailing with no issues. Sound quality may not please the audiophile, but it's loud and durable enough to keep me happy.

Ended up ordering the Outdoor Gear Turtle shell 3.0. The power bank option I guess was the deal maker. Reviews look good so I'll check it out and report back. Thanks for the replies!

Quote Originally Posted by Flatlined View Post
    Not sure if it floats, but the sound quality is teh business
    https://www.wired.com/2015/09/review-ue-boom-2/
    this
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Good call with the turtle shell. I have two of the Big Turtles and link them together and have actually DJ'd using them in the woods and at the beach.

They get the job done surprisingly well for their size.
    You should have been here yesterday!

I use a UE Boom 2 on the beach all the time and it has survived being thrown into the ocean by a 2 year old. Highly recommended

Picked up a ecoxgear from Costco a few summers ago on the cheap. Thing floats, battery lasts a long time, and pumps out the tunes very well. It's survived the beach, being in the ocean, ski "beach days", multiple river trips and being submerged for more than 6 hours straight when I accidentally left it tied to a boat. I've been nothing but impressed. Is maybe a little heavy though.

The turtle shell looks like a nice speaker but for anyone else looking at something comparable check these out. https://ecoxgear.com/shop/ecocarbon/