Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    So this is kinda "studio magic", it's old video synced to the studio version of the song, but it kinda works, because that band was On Time.

I am weirdly embarassed at how shitty the video is, this wasn't the Dark Ages. Kids, our world didn't look like this! we had color, I swear.

They played the Essex Fairgrounds a few years ago. A friend and his wife were dancing in the front row and were getting seriously hassled by security. Peter Wolfe came off the stage and dragged my friends wife onstage and danced with her. There was a picture of them in the Burlington newspaper the next day. Sitting down at a JGB show????

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    Peter Wolf was fucking Faye Dunaway when she was hot, if she ever really was, FWIW.
    FKNA. I always wanted to fuck Faye Dunaway back then. I imagined she was quite svelte under the covers. Props to Peter Wolf. JGB was an awesome band. Magic Dick inspired me every bit as much as Charlie McCoy, the only guy to get a best instrumental grammy playing harmonica around the same time, as I was playing harp in a band back then.

To bolster my semi-serious contention that Peter Wolf is the greatest Front Man in rock and roll history, here try Peter last year at 70 or 71.

The beginning part is funny, he's talking to the sign interpreter, which must be a hard job with him playing.

Ya gotta wonder what the coke budget was.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Well, there's not lot of video. The band was done by 1980 pretty much, so that limits things.

Here's a good Musta Got Lost from 1977. Were the 70's in Black and White? I remember them in color.

Looks like Peter might be good friends with George Jung. NTTATWWT.

Is your next thread gonna be about Twisted Sister?

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Is your next thread gonna be about Twisted Sister?
    Funny you should mention that. At work last week I walked into the patrol shack and this younger guy was blasting a Twisted Sister album. I was thinking that it sounded a lot better now than I thought it did back then.

Edit: Jesus, you know what? I was thinking about Thin Lizzy, not Twisted Sister. Guess I had a moment there. Ignore me.
    Last edited by Meadow Skipper; 03-18-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Funny you should mention that. At work last week I walked into the patrol shack and this younger guy was blasting a Twisted Sister album. I was thinking that it sounded a lot better now than I thought it did back then.

Edit: Jesus, you know what? I was thinking about Thin Lizzy, not Twisted Sister. Guess I had a moment there. Ignore me.
    There's a great documentary on Netflix about Twisted Sister and what a great bar band they were in the late '70s and early '80s. Mostly on the Long Island/New Jersey club scene.