Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by foreal View Post

Over a month after payment has cleared and still not receiving PART OF THE goods THAT I AM RESELLING ANYWAY with little to no communication makes a guy a bit uneasy. That is all. If I finally receive what I paid for, it's cool.
    fix it for you.

What relevance does it have if the existing mount/bindings didn't work for me? Would you feel better if I purchased and put 'em in a corner to look at like the majority of TGR?

Believe my first post stated that I received part of the goods....so your point is???

Anyone know the Mag known as "Gobstopper"?

Oh and for the record, I intended to call out the TGR mob to stalk this guy while maintaining plausible deniability w my weasely and misleading description of transaction.

I got most of the stuff already and am trying to maximize the profit I'm making of this resell situation and am an impatient little bitch who chooses to ignore the sellers follow up email.

That is all. If I finally receive what I paid for, and no one here ever gear swaps w me again, it's cool.

++now, vibes to turn this rain into pow++
    Dude your posts wreak of bullshit and you could at least read the entire thread after starting this mess. You're on my don't buy from /sell to list for sure now.

You called the hounds out. Own your fail

Believe my first post stated that I received part of the goods....so your point is???
    The OP was somewhat ambiguous to me with regard to what was sent... parts of the purchase, or none of the items.

foreal, next time:

"I bought these skis as a package. Got the ski and bindings. Still waiting on the skins, haven't heard from gobstopper. Wouldn't normally be too concerned but I decided that the skis aren't for me and I am selling them. Buyer wants the skins. Has anyone had recent contact with Gobstopper? haven't heard from him since I got the skis.

Thanks in advance."

Not:

"Want to think the best but it's been almost a month since funds were sent and the entire package of skis/binders/skins has yet to arrive..."

Yeah, I'm an idiot in the virtual world. I have conducted numerous transactions on GS over the years and never had issues with PM's/emails being responded to.

My sole intent of this thread was to illicit a response and resolution for the transaction with Gobstopper.

Anyone know the Mag known as "Gobstopper"?

And then you ignore the thread as it spirals into a cluster. You're a douchebag

This is like crop dusting a cubicle farm except you also let a poo ball slip out on the carpet as well.

Yeah, I'm an idiot in the virtual world. I have conducted numerous transactions on GS over the years and never had issues with PM's/emails being responded to.

My sole intent of this thread was to illicit a response and resolution for the transaction with Gobstopper.
    Well you got that without doubt. Kinda backfired if you ask me (and appears many other in this thread). I'm pretty quick to ship when items are purchased from me. I have also had very good luck with any items I have purchased. I personally don't know how your buyer reputation stands here at this point. I'm skeptical at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    foreal, next time:

"I bought these skis as a package. Got the ski and bindings. Still waiting on the skins, haven't heard from gobstopper. Wouldn't normally be too concerned but I decided that the skis aren't for me and I am selling them. Buyer wants the skins. Has anyone had recent contact with Gobstopper? haven't heard from him since I got the skis.

Thanks in advance."

Not:

"Want to think the best but it's been almost a month since funds were sent and the entire package of skis/binders/skins has yet to arrive..."
    Now that I read ^^^ again I can see how one could read it as the "entire" package has yet to arrive, rather than a part of the package has yet to arrive....which was my intent.

FWIW, the skis are for me and I'm waiting on skins (and pow) so I can shred the fuck out of 'em

Now that I read ^^^ again I can see how one could read it as the "entire" package has yet to arrive, rather than a part of the package has yet to arrive....which was my intent.

FWIW, the skis are for me and I'm waiting on skins (and pow) so I can shred the fuck out of 'em
    Have you apologized to Gobstopper yet? No one read your op the way you are saying you meant it. Be a man for fuck's sake, own up to your deception, nobody cares that you want to shred the fuck out of your new skis.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    I read this thread. Foreal never "called out the angry mob" in this thread. All he did was ask "the mob" a simple yes-or-no question. If you know Gobstopper, simply tell foreal that your answer is "yes". Duh.
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    He didn't ask a simple "yes or no" question, he didn't ask a question at all. …His post was meant to start some sort of action, why else would he start this thread?
    False. AaronWright, the thread title displays the yes-or-no question which you claim does not exist. I quote it for you here:

ANYONE KNOW THE MAG KNOWN AS "GOBSTOPPER"?

AaronWright, to answer your question “why else would he start this thread?”, the set of possible reasons is infinite. Sometimes life can go more smoothly if one makes an effort at reading comprehension, and if one makes an effort to imagine possibilities beyond one’s current single thought.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    This is like crop dusting a cubicle farm except you also let a poo ball slip out on the carpet as well.
    If you don't work at Hallmark, some motivational poster company, or write poetry , you probably should. Your writing really makes you stop and think. Gold.

False. AaronWright, the thread title displays the yes-or-no question which you claim does not exist. I quote it for you here:

ANYONE KNOW THE MAG KNOWN AS "GOBSTOPPER"?

AaronWright, to answer your question “why else would he start this thread?”, the set of possible reasons is infinite. Sometimes life can go more smoothly if one makes an effort at reading comprehension, and if one makes an effort to imagine possibilities beyond one’s current single thought.

Really? He said the purpose of this thread was to "illicit"(elicit) a response and resolution with gobstopper. It's right there in his post above.

The thread title is a question followed by his post that's a statement. It's clear to everyone what the intent was.

Obviously this thread took on a life of its own while I was MIA... My attempt was to be factual= paid for shit a month ago, have not received everything, seller is not responding, anyone transact with this guy?

I already apologized for my initial post being vague and ill worded. I get it. My bad...I was not calling this guy out just asking if he was a legit seller.

The skis shred thing was in reference to LS mentioning that I was selling the skis in how I should have re-written the OP; which I'm not.

Have you ever bought anything on GS and not received over a month after paying? Is this acceptable? If you were in my shoes, WWYD...other than compose a less vague OP?

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Because it's almost summer and he wanted to give us something to do?
    fuck summer i had no winter

Hey guys. Looks like a lot has transpired since I was last here. Haven't read everything above but an update-received an email from Gobstopper this am saying he received the skins back from USPS. Said he will send em out today with a tracking number. Hopefully all is well that ends well.
    Then it's time to delete this thread.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

^^^OP should pm Groomer Gambler on how to delete threads
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

...He said the purpose of this thread was to "illicit"(elicit) a response and resolution with gobstopper. It's right there in his post above...
    True, AaronWright. And the OP also said he had more purposes than only that one purpose you quoted. Such as when he posted "Just wondering if anyone had done transactions w him successfully" and "just asking if he was a legit seller."

...It's clear to everyone what the intent was.
    Apparently not, as evidenced by the multiple different thoughts posted by different people in this thread. Anyway, bottom line is OP posted a thread, and it looks like his thread will result in the seller finally resolving the transaction. If so, then it is an effective thread.

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

True, AaronWright. And the OP also said he had more purposes than only that one purpose you quoted. Such as when he posted "Just wondering if anyone had done transactions w him successfully" and "just asking if he was a legit seller."

Apparently not, as evidenced by the multiple different thoughts posted by different people in this thread. Anyway, bottom line is OP posted a thread, and it looks like his thread will result in the seller finally resolving the transaction. If so, then it is an effective thread.

You and foreal are the only ones who interpreted the thread that way. It sounds like the problem was resolved before the thread was posted. Of the two parties the only one who has been completely transparent is Gobstopper given the information in this thread.

Originally Posted by mcski View Post

If you don't work at Hallmark, some motivational poster company, or write poetry , you probably should. Your writing really makes you stop and think. Gold.

Agreed, was just coming to post the same thing. That is some good shit there,

...Of the two parties the only one who has been completely transparent is Gobstopper given the information in this thread.
    That's a matter of interpretation. People here were quick to jump on foreal's vague wording which was prone to misinterpretation. I agree, and I favor precise wording that is minimally likely to be misinterpreted. Interesting that no one jumped on Gobstopper's ambiguous wording when he wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by Gobstopper View Post
    ...OP has the skis and binders (which are coincidentally currently for sale by the OP)...
    Some posters in this thread have misinterpreted those words as BOTH skis and binders were for sale by OP, but in fact the skis are NOT for sale by OP. The chosen wording is not untrue, merely prone to misinterpretation.

That's a matter of interpretation. People here were quick to jump on foreal's vague wording which was prone to misinterpretation. I agree, and I favor precise wording that is that minimally likely to be misinterpreted. Interesting that no one jumped on Gobstopper's ambiguous wording when he wrote:

Some posters in this thread have misinterpreted those words as BOTH skis and binders were for sale by OP, but in fact the skis are NOT for sale by OP. The chosen wording is not untrue, merely prone to misinterpretation.

Do you have a dog in this fight? Are you bffs with foreal? I'm just hoping he deletes this thread.

what we need is a good poll!

I'm just hoping he deletes this thread.
    Word

Do you have a dog in this fight? Are you bffs with foreal? I'm just hoping he deletes this thread.
    My dog in this fight is I am in favor of effective, efficient communication. Obviously the buyer and seller communicated poorly before the thread, and then many writers and readers within this thread did a poor job at communication. I agree this thread's poor communication should be deleted, and I hope people make an attempt to communicate more effectively and efficiently moving forward.