Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Leavenworth Skier Eats Crow and sells some things too.

I'm interested in buying/trying some 189 Billygoats
    or other longish radius pivoty but traditional mounted 115 underfoot resort crud pow skis. Tapered tip a must. Not wider than 118 and not narrower than 112. Damp. I like stiff but balanced, not plank like. really like the flex of the LP105, is there a resort powder ski shape with that flex and dampness?

I'm also on the hunt for more pairs of 184 or 192 Dynastar LP105s in ok to good shape. (if it works for you, it works for you.)

have and want to get rid of:

184 Cham 97 2.0 - 1x mount, Radical Ft 2.0 for 316 bsl. A core shot because I ski at a rocky place. Otherwise in good shape. $175 + ship flat. good resort or tour ski.
    179 OG Hellbents - Mounted 2x, once for dynafit radicals and once for marker demos. $50 + ship flat
    190 EHP - Original full camber. Mounted with 997s for a 310ish bsl. These are rock skis with core shots and an edge repair. I'm not skiing them that much with the other skis I have in the collection. You can have for shipping. or free with local pick up.

Smugly reserving this spot in the thread.

(LWS says "or other BillyGoat-like skis etc" but he won't rest easy until he has a set in his clutches. He knows there are no soft snow skis able to compete with RES. Only those with BGs for sale need apply here.)

Last edited by Norseman; 03-09-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Heh^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Smugly reserving this spot in the thread.
    Skiing at Stevens yesterday made me think of what a great ski they would be at Stevens, as if the ski was designed and tested by people who ski at Stevens. Weird.

Are the top sheets fairly chip resistant for aggressive lift line maneuvers?

Also really interested in the Volkl Confession. But Norseman is probably right. fuck.

anybody got some fanboi addition extra stiff 189 billygoats with the wood topsheet??

Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

^ Haha! Perfect. Thanks Iggy, that made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    anybody got some fanboi addition extra stiff 189 billygoats with the wood topsheet??
    There's a pair of 191s that meets that exact description sitting unmounted in my mom's garage in Everett.

Not for sale.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Hey iggy, I sell really nice holsters... uhh Pm me? I seem to recall that I've seen AR15s in your social media so... maybe you need one or 2? maybe your crew needs some deals?

All I'm saying is I don't mind skiing demos. perhaps we can find an arrangement.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Hey iggy, I sell really nice holsters... uhh Pm me? I seem to recall that I've seen AR15s in your social media so... maybe you need one or 2? maybe your crew needs some deals?

All I'm saying is I don't mind skiing demos. perhaps we can find an arrangement.
    we even have our own 'merica pattern:

Attachment 202075

Have minty RPC 186 hybrid in Seattle - if you don't BG

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Have minty RPC 186 hybrid in Seattle - if you don't BG
    I'm not very interested in the RPC if I was honest.

Always wanted to ski a pair of the original Hellbents but 179 is too short for me. Free bump!

I'll take the EHPs. Let me know how much to ship to SLC

I finally put bindings back on my skinny billy. I forgot how awesome they are. My only complaint is the lack of camber and long radius. They are fun as hell in pow, chop, crud, etc. But as soon as I get back to the groomer or hard snow I am bored. Thankfully I think I found a similarly fun ski that is turny with camber.

Quick question though... Why not the 2017-2018 Dynastar Richard Permin model? Isn't that basically a 115 waist crud slayer? Or is it wider?

As a side note, you shouldn't have any issue with topsheets on the ON3Ps. They have a super secret thing for that if I recall...

You sold me some Billy Goat tours a few years back...... You cannot have them back!

Signing into this soon to be epic thread

I have 14/15 186 Moment Gov's. Crushes crud and still a little pop - but definitely pretty stiff. Not opposed to selling it, but would also want something to replace it at the same time.

Why are you eating crow? What did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    I think I found a similarly fun ski that is turny with camber.
    You gonna keep that info to yourself? Or is the jury still out?

Can the BG handle a clyde? Steeple 112 was like a wet noodle in anything other than untouched blower.

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    You gonna keep that info to yourself? Or is the jury still out?

Can the BG handle a clyde? Steeple 112 was like a wet noodle in anything other than untouched blower.
    The ski in question is the 2018 Sego Big Horn. It ditches the current carbon layup for fiberglass. Fun, damp, turny. But if you make wet noodles out of the steeples, you should probably be looking at something much stiffer (rossignol RC112 is my recommendation). Also the Sego is 106mm at the waist. Not sure if that's what you're after.

Quote Originally Posted by Kootenai View Post
    You sold me some Billy Goat tours a few years back...... You cannot have them back!
    I know. But they did seem a bit soft to support my XL carcass.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Signing into this soon to be epic thread
    Welcome aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by realjwin View Post
    I have 14/15 186 Moment Gov's. Crushes crud and still a little pop - but definitely pretty stiff. Not opposed to selling it, but would also want something to replace it at the same time.
    I dunno, blister endorses them so...

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Why are you eating crow? What did I miss?
    We haven't kicked it in person, but... my e-persona likes to mock the ON3P Billygoat fanboi club... ("magic skis" "omg omg omg billygoats" etc) but then I was skiing at Stevens Pass yesterday in heavier chop and thinking to myself that a ski with taper, a high 20s radius, damp construction and some tip and tail rocker would be sweet. Searched the boards and ran the numbers... and went omg... Billygoats are literally what I'm looking for on paper. fuck. fuck. fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    The ski in question is the 2018 Sego Big Horn. It ditches the current carbon layup for fiberglass. Fun, damp, turny. But if you make wet noodles out of the steeples, you should probably be looking at something much stiffer (rossignol RC112 is my recommendation). Also the Sego is 106mm at the waist. Not sure if that's what you're after.
    Kaiser wants a pow slasher Joseph, not a charger. He's got Q-Labs for that.

^^^ It's going to be ok. We are here for you in your moment of clarity.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    ^^^ It's going to be ok. We are here for you in your moment of clarity.
    So, who needs holsters??? Get leavenworth skier some billygoats and it'll pay diviends for ON3P. At least a 33% increase in sales, maybe. (well probably not, but it sounds good.) I can promise you some sweet ass holsters though.

Ass holsters for all. Draw!