With Less Than 3 Months Left This 2016-'17 Season....

By now everyone's likely aware of the amazing conditions this season has delivered to several areas of the U.S.: Nevada, Washington, Maine, Oregon, Idaho, Vermont, Montana, California, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Wyoming, and Utah have all enjoyed strong to stellar seasonal snowfall.
    With less than three months left in the season here locally, I thought I'd share where we're at. Maybe you'll feel like storm chasing or getting your fair share of the bounty before it's too late...
    Here's hoping you're ripping it up this season wherever you are.

Feb 28, 2017
    After enjoying Salt Lake's snowiest Christmas in more than 100 years, it began to feel like this winter season could be something special...
    Here are some Utah Wasatch Cottonwood Canyon snow facts for this 2016-17 season, now that we're just past the half-way point:
    ●There have been several stretches where it has snowed every day for a week or more--the longest being 13 days straight! The 2nd longest was 10 days in-a-row.
    ●Take a look at any month this season; the longest period with no new snow is 4 DAYS!
    ●With the exception of 5 days last month, it snowed every day of February. Wow.
    ●Although Brighton and Alta are only 3 miles apart, Brighton has received more than 100 INCHES MORE snow than Alta! No reference could be found for this ever happening before.
    ●As of the storm ending Feb 28th, this season has had ELEVEN storms of 18" or more; the biggest single storm was over 88". (Only this century's records are available at the moment, but no other year can be found with this many 18"+ storms already by the end of February).
    ●This season's 550" at Brighton is on pace to easily challenge the ALL-TIME Wasatch Front record of 700" set 6 years ago at Snowbird, in 2011.

(These stats thoroughly researched, crunched, and calculated by the nerdiest winter-weather nerd you've ever known*, and I'm not even ashamed to admit it.)

*......aside from maybe Tony Crocker. :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16836709_1319828241400351_4147401424863018456_o.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	201899  
    Last edited by Endlessseason; 03-07-2017 at 10:21 PM. Reason: add others
    "Don't bug me, granny. I don't dig slick chicks trying to goof me up." --Tragg

i like that pic
    skid luxury

Less than 3 months?! You must not be from around here...

Plans for this year.

Ski every month. The season that never ends!

Take this summer

Quote Originally Posted by straightlineorbust View Post
    Plans for this year.
    Ski every month. The season that never ends!
    That's how the disease starts; trust me on this.
    "Don't bug me, granny. I don't dig slick chicks trying to goof me up." --Tragg

That is a very cool picture. I havent skied/ridden in sept, i think