184 PM Gear Bya Carbon, Reverse Camber (blems)

SOLD

Skinny pow skis: pure carbon Bya pressed with Kusala rocker, 130/96/115, 1,830g each. One of only a few pair like it.
    http://pmgear.com/skis/bro-bya/

Perfectly square and straight Binding Freedom insert job (done on a digital vertical mill) for G3 Ions at 297 BSL at 102.5cm from tip. You could remount just the toes if you want to be further forward, or have a larger BSL. (General consensus for normal cambered Bya mount is 100-102 from tip, I went further back for better float in pow.)

Only two days of skinning/skiing on them. Great in up to knee deep pow or a few inches or more of wet snow/mank/slush/corn. Very loose on smooth hardpack, I would not recommend using these in-bounds on groomers unless loose-as-F is your thing. Blem is the middle of the bases near the tips, which doesn't matter anyhow due to the rocker keeping the tips high.

Here's how Pat described the blem:
    "These were made during setup of the press to check things out. They have a subtle reverse camber and the bases were concave in the tips. I had the shop lay down some clear base on the worst concave to keep from sanding down too much edge. The other is close to flat but still has some center concavity they didn't hit."

All edges are mint. One ski is 99% as-new and is barely a blem. The other ski (the worse blem) has two long-ish, narrow scratches in the topsheet (but not deep enough to reach the carbon) near the tip where a guy crashed into me in the lift line, and one 12" long but very shallow scrape in the base from a rock. Minor stuff though, and nothing that needs any repair. While I was scraping wax on this ski, some of that additional thin layer of extra base material pulled off the base in several places. These chunked-out areas in the middle of the base along the white stripe are so shallow (and aren't underfoot) that they're not worth fixing, and fill right up with wax. No effect on performance.

SOLD - Passing along for what I have in them, $185 plus $25 shipping to lower 48. The carbon alone cost more.

Here are Pat's photos.
    Rocker: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/a...4&d=1426199251
    Tip blems: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/a...5&d=1426199251

Mediocre photo of current condition that doesn't begin to do them justice, the green graphic on carbon fiber is truly gorgeous and you will get compliments on them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	byas.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	201944  
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 03-09-2017 at 08:13 PM.

Stiff or soft flex? Drilled once?

Did Pat do Bya's in stiff or soft? Thought they only came one flavor. Yep, just the one insert mount for Ions at 297 BSL at 102.5cm from tip. 102.5 is skewed back (I prefer rearward mounts), most folks went ~101 on Bya's.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 03-08-2017 at 11:32 PM.

If I didn't have a older gear I need to get rid of already taking up space in my basement I'd be all about this. Even already drilled at my BSL.

Bump

humm, what would you comapre the flex to overall? I tend to like a softer ski overall.

need anything as a trade? bike? skis? retro mnt bike?

They have a nice round flex with no hinge points, stiffest through the middle and probably a "medium". Softer tips and tails than Zero G 95's for sure. I'll compare to some of my other skis tonight.

Edit: found a PM from Pat:
    Hey, Drew - at 1800g they're pures. They are stiff, which they need to be for that reverse camber or they'd fold up too much to edge.
    Pat

I wouldn't call them stiff, not compared to 2,400+g G3 Empires or XXL's anyway. Suppose in the soft touring ski class they would be considered stiff though.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 03-08-2017 at 11:34 PM.

bump: avail for sale again. will have them tuned up, and now with second set of holes for kingpins at 295mm.

feel like a pow ski (surfy, playful) but skinny . Light for touring or boot packing, but not great for a daily mixed and variable on hill ski. I'm sticking with my K2 Pinical 95's

I would love to take these off your hands. Shoot me a pm with preferred method of payment.