Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    And people say CO is flat..
    This. Why the fuck were people standing in line for that? Looked boring as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by gwat View Post
    Is there a line up for powder skiing now? Looks to me like he skied right up to the rope. Just like any one of those hundreds of people waiting in 'line' could have done.
    He skied below the group and then stepped up in front of them. It's an aggressive move that could have motivated someone to shove him to the ground and laugh. Both acts are wrong and should not be part of a vacation experience it's really not that hard to understand.if you choose to wait for the rope to drop don't be an asshole

Quote Originally Posted by yellofin View Post
    should not be part of a vacation experience
    What does this even mean.

Quote Originally Posted by yellofin View Post
    He skied below the group and then stepped up in front of them. It's an aggressive move that could have motivated someone to shove him to the ground and laugh. Both acts are wrong and should not be part of a vacation experience it's really not that hard to understand.if you choose to wait for the rope to drop don't be an asshole
    What about all the dozens of people downhill from the traverse on that rope line waiting for it to drop? The whole thing is a shit show. Is this what people mean when they say "when ______ popped"? I hate that phrase, this should probably go in the shit that annoys you thread.

Just. Dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pow View Post
    +1

I'll take 3pm freshies in a no name resort ever day
    Yep. feeling pretty happy about living and skiing in the middle of nowhere after seeing that.

So, rope ducking and not entering through a gate is cool at Snowbird now?

I thought this was going to be the Mineral Basin mass poach. I am disappoint.

While I agree the line-up for just that is stupid, let's not be ridiculous here, it still looked fun. Fresh snow is fresh snow even if you're not getting rad.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    While I agree the line-up for just that is stupid, let's not be ridiculous here, it still looked fun. Fresh snow is fresh snow even if you're not getting rad.
    I said it could be fun, just not in that circumstance.

I dunno. I'd personally rather ski cut up pow on fun terrain.

Meanwhile tons of other spots on the mountain are much quieter. This is why Road to Provo and Mineral on a powder day are a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    And people say CO is flat?
    Damn Gopro flattens everything, it makes Snowbird look like Ski Cooper.
    We just poked around Cirque traverse last time we were there. Didn't realize there were HUDGE lineups for Provo and Mineral.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    What does this even mean.
    It means if you're not at work even if it's only for a day you should calm down and have fun and don't impose yourself on others

People there really suck at traversing, I thought every skier at the bird was gnar.

Alpy is more fun.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    I can honestly say as a passholder at Solitude, that is the reason why I do not return to Snowbird. Maybe i'm an old fuck, but that place attracts agro young dudes and middle aged douche's trying to out agro young dudes. Not for me and never really was. All that and you got one decent flatish run in.
    There were very few bros in that video, I don't really see some ripper waiting in a line that big for that terrain. There probably were a few to hit the windlip or ski something closer to rasta Chutes, maybe. Totally guessing.

That looked like a ton of agro tourists and weekend warrior locals.

Also, poor ski patrol.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    There were very few bros in that video, I don't really see some ripper waiting in a line that big for that terrain. There probably were a few to hit the windlip or ski something closer to rasta Chutes, maybe. Totally guessing.

That looked like a ton of agro tourists and weekend warrior locals.
    Those would be the agro middle aged douche's trying to out agro the young bros. Every time I go to that mountain all the non-locals are east coast Investment bankers, surgeons, wall street types, trying to sow their middle aged oats. no thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Those would be the agro middle aged douche's trying to out agro the young bros. Every time I go to that mountain all the non-locals are east coast Investment bankers, surgeons, wall street types, trying to sow their middle aged oats. no thank you
    Ah, gotcha. I thought you were talking about washed-up middle age former-bros who won't completely accept they are not in their prime anymore. Like me!

Killer vid, brah.

Alta has all the good traverse skilled skiers. SB we generally just point em', traverses are minimized. ;-)

Snowbird Powder Panic Video

I know that spot...most of Vail's Back Bowls are steeper. Who would wait for that horseshit? Lucky it wasn't deeper or you'd get stuck.

Black Friday powder shopping! Awesome video!

this is my theory...

So there was that thread about the 400 people simultaneously dropping the rope into Mineral Basin and everyone getting rounded up at the bottom and sodomized by Dick Bass and Bob Bonar. Anyway, who among us did not want to see vid of that, amirite?

Henceforth, I hereby hypothesize one of our very own seasoned, intrepid travelers of the wild and varied intertoobz of skiing must have been searching for vid of said mineral basin clusterfuck when he stumbled upon this gem....and how then could he resist but to post it up under this steaming hot alias and thus revel in the ensuing cacophony of disgust and hatred.

In other words, no fucking way is the OP the actual guy who shot that and put it on youtube. Shenanigans.

SHENANIGANS I SAY!
    Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 03-07-2017 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    This. Why the fuck were people standing in line for that? Looked boring as hell.
    It's not as flat as it looks, but it's also not very steep. People were in line because it was the day after a storm, and the rest of the Bird is completely tracked.

And to the guy that posted this, way to be a douchebag cutting everyone waiting in line. Lucky someone didn't push ya down the hill.