Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    1st day back on the snow. Just under 9 months. I can tell soft snow is going to be a challenge but the groomers were great.

So I just found out I tore my ACL (sounds like it is totally gone, just got a text right after MRI from Dr friend at hospital) on Feb 13th. I have been skiing with a brace for the past 3 weeks with no issues, just a bit of pain. Worst thing was doing the trails with my kiddos. 2 days touring as well.

Sounds like more and more people are going without surgery? Anyone here done this and kept on skiing? I ski pretty aggressively.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    So I just found out I tore my ACL (sounds like it is totally gone, just got a text right after MRI from Dr friend at hospital) on Feb 13th. I have been skiing with a brace for the past 3 weeks with no issues, just a bit of pain. Worst thing was doing the trails with my kiddos. 2 days touring as well.

Sounds like more and more people are going without surgery? Anyone here done this and kept on skiing? I ski pretty aggressively.
    If you are < 50 and the ACL is completely torn, I would absolutely get it done. Just hitting the highlights... it will give out out on you when you least expect it (jumping over a puddle, walking on uneven terrain, etc), you will never trust that knee completely again, and it will always be in your thoughts.

Just my opinion being a 20something that got the surgery a few months ago.

Chris

I got the MRI and was told by some MD buds I have experienced "the unhappy triad"

10 weeks later whatever is left of the knee has healed & doesn't hurt but I don't trust that knee to ski or do much of anything SO I couldnt see NOT getting surgery

The cutter has read my file, sez I am non-urgent for surgery and a pandemic is a bad time to be needing non urgent surgery

so one buddy said " just get a brace and come skiing " but pull up a surg-med site and there are dozens of braces,

another buddy with bad knees and 4 knee braces sez i'm lucky it doesn't hurt

I think I will wait till the cutter is done
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Spoke with surgeon and he said since I am skiing, playing other sports, went wakesurfing the other day without issues to just leave it for a couple of months and re-evaluate. Some people are not ACL dependent. It's not like I would be getting surgery anytime soon right now I don't really have a choice. Just happy I can keep on doing what I like to do.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Hi all,

8 hrs after the spinal block and its wearing off after an (apparently) simple ACL Reconstruction.

Typical story apparently, trying to impress a girl and keep up with a pro. Got back seat in a landing and kept trying to stand back up to save face and back of the ski caught and
    ...rip.

Op was originally scheduled for 23rd March but that was the day Switzerland went into lockdown so had a month or so walking and skinning in the mean time. It was fine walking or skinning up but any sort of running or down was very unstable and eventually it would catch. Even worse was just standing in soft snow or cleaning the house.

Thanks for the tips in the thread. Definitely good to hear some positivity right now.

(Owww!!)

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk