Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I had to wait >9 months to get under the knife in the Canadian system which was actualy pretty good as wait times go, I wonder if having to wait close to a year for an MRI/ surgeon in the Canadian system means the patient loses a bunch of conditioning which of course makes coming back that much harder ??
    Yeah I have actually heard of people waiting longer specifically so that they can get stronger before surgery so it’s easier to recover. Sounds like the timing isn’t as important as what you do with the time. If you keep working out while waiting 9 months, you’d be good

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Feeling strong enough for a round of disc this weekend, FKNA. Maybe cross country next week?…. Fuck it’s good to have hope.

6 weeks tomorrow. No crutches and doing ok overall. Can’t do leg extensions….SHARP pain under knee cap (probably due to that quad site still being upset) is preventing it. Literally feels like I’m being stabbed. Left lifts are fine and other exercises are coming along. Flex is about 120ish….

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Literally feels like I’m being stabbed.
    Sounds like nerve pain. I had bouts of that. Having my PT tape the knee with KT tape for support really helped. You can do it yourself too if you watch some videos. With time that sharp pain will go away. It sucks though.

interested if pain continues for you ms. I had that for a bit about 3-4 weeks ago. took a couple weeks to work through it.

+12 weeks, walking well, some minor pain or fatigue at end of day. Played my round of disc last Sunday and that was dam nice to feel human again. Full leg extensions and 133 max for bend. Close. Saw Dr this week and he was surprised I was not running at 12 weeks until I reminded him I was the ACL and meniscus guy then conceded I was on track if not a bit ahead.

I can bike, walk, stairs, etc. but running I think is more a mental block than actual pain. I guess just scared to do it fully. Working on that but dam I keep thinking the ACL will blow out again for something stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    Working on that but dam I keep thinking the ACL will blow out again for something stupid.
    Yeah the mental block is definitely a thing. I’m just about 8 weeks and we’ve done some power walking and faster marching in PT which has felt good. Starting to get into a little bit of hyper extension at the top of strides and some other exercises. My PT recommended a compression brace specifically to help push the swelling fluids out, but it makes me more confident being on my feet when I’m wearing it. I don’t think the idea is that I’d need it after the swelling goes down more but I’ll definitely keep it around as I can start getting into more intense activity.

https://www.bauerfeind.com/b2c/Produ...PBF_BAK_GENUTR

Yeah the mental block is definitely a thing. I’m just about 8 weeks and we’ve done some power walking and faster marching in PT which has felt good. Starting to get into a little bit of hyper extension at the top of strides and some other exercises. My PT recommended a compression brace specifically to help push the swelling fluids out, but it makes me more confident being on my feet when I’m wearing it. I don’t think the idea is that I’d need it after the swelling goes down more but I’ll definitely keep it around as I can start getting into more intense activity.

https://www.bauerfeind.com/b2c/Produ...PBF_BAK_GENUTR

I can walk stairs up and down though slow and down is way harder than up. Riding 10-15 min 3 times a day. Working on balance drills and strengthening my calfs as well my quad. Mental is super tough….I think I’ve torn it again once a day it seems. Part of the process.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

. I guess just scared to do it fully. Working on that but dam I keep thinking the ACL will blow out again for something stupid.
    the PT told me taking off your shoe using the time honored method of levering one shoe off with the other shoe can blow the repair and he even gave me the 1-in-so-many stats which I forget so don't do that

I could run now at 2.5 yrs but ime even at 1.5 yrs post op running on the treadmill just plain hurt, I couldn't even do 5 minutes
    Last edited by XXX-er; 04-09-2023 at 10:45 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Just saw this thread…

Post 21 years hamstring graft and miniscus repair on the left
    Post 3 years hamstring graft and miniscus repair on the right

Feel stronger than ever…

However I do feel some strain on the right graft attachments in deeper trail breaking efforts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8395CCD7-664D-4931-9CBA-8A8162118542.jpeg 
Views:	37 
Size:	408.7 KB 
ID:	455964

green groomers on closing day, I’ll take it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8395CCD7-664D-4931-9CBA-8A8162118542.jpeg 
Views:	37 
Size:	408.7 KB 
ID:	455964

green groomers on closing day, I’ll take it
    Congrats!! I can’t wait to get back on skis

Quote Originally Posted by mst1228 View Post
    Congrats!! I can’t wait to get back on skis TGR Forums
    Thanks, it was a good day but very timid on any movement. Week later feeling real good, downside is all the home projects been blowing off for months are now coming due.

Yeah Hawk!

Look forward to some turns next season.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

How has the pain under the knee cap progressed MS? My wife had a complete ACL tear at Wolf Creek a few weeks ago and is 7 days post operation today. She seem to be doing fairly well but keeps complaining of pretty bad pain under her knee cap. She has very little ROM at this point, but is already starting to get after leg lifts and pushing it in PT. My biggest concern is she goes too hard too fast and tears it again. Probably just being an overly concerned husband.

day 7 on a 3 yr rehab is when i ran out of the hydro morphine, of course it fucking hurts cuz its fucking major surgery or so the opthopaedic surgeon on the chair told me last month

the whole fucking knee will still hurt for some time and i don't remember doing ANY PT at 1 week post OP

YMMV but the way i look at it is maybe I push it and become a hero or maybe I fack it up and becomes a dumb ass, then I go back to square one to do it all again which around here would be a year to get MRI/ surgeon/ OR + then all that time + whatever healing time I put in is just wasted,

YMMV but I'm too fucking old to risk having to do it all again
    Last edited by XXX-er; 04-27-2023 at 01:11 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Yeah, doing lifts, etc. 7 days after surgery strikes me as too early. I ain't a doctor but I have had an acl repair.

Would be surprised if yer ortho/rehab pt would be pushing that already.

I skied 120 days 7 months after surgery but I babied that sumbitch, with pt and exercise, all the way up to it. Hurrying through the process is risky and easy to avoid with some sensible patience.

Not judging, just sayin'...

I definitely appreciate the wisdom of experience. Having just gone through my own TPF and much ligament damage last year, I am concerned she might be trying to go too quickly. She has PT tomorrow so I will make sure to have her get clear instructions before she does anymore risky activities.

Thanks for the fedback.

Joined the ACL class in January 2022 while patrolling. I hoped to avoid surgery, so committed to PT. I was back to 95% of my activities by April, and worked towards hoping to ski without an ACL and only limited brace support. Even though I could do all the other activities (climbing, running, cycling, sprinting, etc) at the same level as before my injury with the PT, my early season testing (with and without braces) on skis just didn't have the same confidence and stability. Opted to do surgery after that, which happened 5 days ago.

May be the luck of the draw, but I am already off crutches (1 crutch day after surgery, walking normally two days after), with good hamstring engagement, and minimal pain. WCB provided an ice machine which has really helped manage the swelling. Hopefully this trend continues, but I don't expect to be on skis again until next spring.

Well fuck.
    Hello all, great to be back ...

4/7 ruptured my left ACL on the upper east wall at A-Basin (Willy's).
    5/9 pre-op consult with my orthocutter.

Hiked past the main nest, past the upper little nest, to the upper traverse and transitioned there (dicey).
    Jump turn from traverse left over the boot to sweeping right near the big rocks.
    A few more crunchy but fast turns and I'm below the main nest; let a couple of turns run and on a fast right turn just prior to transition to left saw the tops of two rocks that were even with the snow surface.
    Tried to bend the turn above them and twisting rearward tomahawk with painful pop in left knee one flip to near immediate stop with both skis below me and perpindicular to the fall line.
    I hear the younger guy that was on the boot pack with me and stopped at the main nest yell out: "Are you okay!?!".
    Both of my poles are about 20' above me so I proceed to do the steepest, firmest, most painful no pole having sidestep up Willy's to retrieve them.
    Definitely felt the weight of the left ski and boot pulling the lower leg down and opening up the knee joint with each step (ugh).
    Re-kit, ski fall line out with a big popping sensation one of the left turns; didn't hurt so much as feel like a small balloon shifting slightly in the knee.

Called my orthopedic surgeon to set up an appointment as I was driving home going over Loveland pass.

Now that I've got a statistically valid data set with three soft tissue injuries (ACL left and right, Achilles tendon left) I sense a pattern.

Injury dates:
    3/25/2015
    3/30/2021
    4/7/2023
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Damn dude, really sorry to hear this.
    Bummed for you.
    Holla if I can help.
    Come visit for rehab times.
    Stay at the house.

dam, sorry to hear pfluff. hope recovery goes well.

you need an ice machine? I got a new don joy iceman clear3 with the universal pad. never used, out of package though. they sent me home with a Bregg from surgery

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Damn dude, really sorry to hear this.
    Bummed for you.
    Holla if I can help.
    Come visit for rehab times.
    Stay at the house.
    Thanks man!

dam, sorry to hear pfluff. hope recovery goes well.

you need an ice machine? I got a new don joy iceman clear3 with the universal pad. never used, out of package though. they sent me home with a Bregg from surgery
    PM incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Thanks man!

PM incoming.
    Back at yah pfluff

Damn brother! I hate to hear that. Not sure where you are located, but if you are anywhere south of Denver let me know if you need anything at all. I would not have survived my knee explosion with compartment syndrome last year without a lot of help from friends and neighbors. Seriously happy to help if you need a hand with anything at all. Hope the ACL heals quickly!