Lange LV boot owners please help with a fitting question for a unique pair of ankles

First off I live in Florida with no boot fitters near by and no shops in my area have any selection of higher-end boots so I'm having to do some online research and boot fitting which I know is far from ideal. That said I've spent dozens of hours researching my options for 130 flex boots. My hope is that I can make a Lange RX 130 LV work for my situation but could use some advice from people who have owned or at least demoed a newer RX, RS or XT in the LV 97mm width.

The only high-end boot I found to actually put my foot in is a Tecnica Mach 1 in 120 flex, size 27.5 and I may have gone that route had they had a 130 flex but it felt too soft for the support I need for my ankle. I did feel that even in the store the Tecnica did not lock my skinny, LV heel in place and I've read lots of reviews that say the Lange LV does this as good as anything on the market which is why I'm all but set on this boot if it you think it will still work with my problemed ankle.

This Blister Review by Marshal Olson which I pasted below describes my feet, heel, ankle and lower calf almost exactly which leads me to believe I could go with a Lange LV size 27.5 and have it work great for locking in my heels:

"Marshal Olson http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...ange-xt-130-lv
    Foot: Size 10.5/11 street shoe (278mm actual length); C+ width (105mm width, weighted); high instep; low-volume heel, ankle, and lower calf. ​That's identical to my feet/ankle minus the high instep on my healthy foot but I do now have a high instep on damaged one.

I started with a shell fit, and in the XT, my 278mm-long feet fit nicely into the 27.5. I have just about a 1.25cm shell fit here (I am just under 1cm on the 26 Cochise), and my foot anatomy matched up nicely to the contours of the shell. Met-heads matched met-head pockets, and my heel and ankle bones matched their sculpted contours nicely. Really nothing earth shaking to report here.

I was very pleasantly surprised to see the XT LV has a low-volume heel and ankle pocket. That’s always my battle: maximizing heel hold and minimizing ankle slop without cutting off circulation to my foot. The Lange has a nice, snug, form-fitting shape, and, relative to the Cochise, has less volume in the heel and ankle. ​Sounds perfect for my low-volume heel/feet!

The precise, snug but comfy anatomy of the heel pocket extends through the mid-foot to the top of my instep, and the sides of the met-heads. The XT shape is nicely sculpted and supportive, and did not pinch or pressure my foot in any way.
    What really sets the XT apart in terms of fit, however, is the spacious toe box, which allows the toes to fully splay out without restricting blood flow.And while the XT is referred to as a 97mm last, this last measurement really speaks more to the fact that it has a low-volume ankle / heel pocket rather than a narrow toe box.

I have never tried on a boot that was so anatomically precise where it needs to be, but also so spacious and comfortable in the toe box"

​Ok so he's describing my situation on my healthy leg but I had a Pilon Fracture on my right ankle and have 2 plates and 17 screws in it so my feet and heels are the same low volume, but from there up (medial and lateral mallelolus and lower ankle) about 7" from the floor that area is much fatter due to the hardware and calcification of the tibia and fibula. Measuring the circumference in those areas my injured right is about 3 cm bigger around the mallelolus' and 2 cm bigger around the lower ankle. From there up it goes back to my skinny shins and calves.

So my question is, do you feel that the Lange could be punched out or broken in enough around that injured lower ankle to make it work for me?

Thank you so much and sorry to make it such a long read with quoting Marshal's review but it's very relevant to my decision!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10-8-15 front 2.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	556.5 KB 
ID:	201593

You will get a much better response if posted in Tech Talk rather than the stoke forum

^ Tech Talk for sure....

That being said, I have screws in my ankle as well, and have exclusively used Lange LV 130/140s for the past 10-12 years or so. Require a little work, but most boots do. that or get a fischer Vaccuum and vacay somewhere with the machine. PM me if you have ankle questions.