Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    You might be doing it wrong, bro. When I switch from up to down, I completely unlatch the buckles and only cinch up the power strap. Then lean into it, it will drop every time.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Ya new ones switch between modes super ez. I do wonder why they don't put a lip for the switch on top to help with forward flex a la scarpa freedom though instead of just the lip of the lower shell to stop rearward rom. Not a big issue though, my carbon ti is stiffer than my lupo sp's. A bit anyway.

Thanks to everyone for the tips. I ended up ordering a pair of the Salomon Mtn Labs...not a fan of buying stuff online (both for fit, and supporting local shops), but I didn't see this boot anywhere near where I live. Excited to have a nice new touring boot...hopefully the fit is good...I'm sure it'll be an improvement off the $50 titans that I was on for four seasons.

My brief impression of the Freedom 130 was not good.
    It flexed like an old Lange banger. Ya know, rigid in the middle, but bends over the top, so it can dig into your shin.
    Weird thing to feel nowadays. I thought the industry was long past this. Especially the Italians.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Ain't they all Italians in the ski boot world, except K2 which I think are Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrider83 View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the tips. I ended up ordering a pair of the Salomon Mtn Labs...not a fan of buying stuff online (both for fit, and supporting local shops), but I didn't see this boot anywhere near where I live. Excited to have a nice new touring boot...hopefully the fit is good...I'm sure it'll be an improvement off the $50 titans that I was on for four seasons.
    Why that boot specifically, over any of the ones in shops near you? Or do you live somewhere with a very limited selection? Just curious.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    My brief impression of the Freedom 130 was not good.
    It flexed like an old Lange banger. Ya know, rigid in the middle, but bends over the top, so it can dig into your shin.
    Weird thing to feel nowadays. I thought the industry was long past this. Especially the Italians.
    Thought my freedom sl's flexed nice, haven't tried the rs' though but wouldn't think they're be a lot of difference.
    My point was more for the walk/ski switch though. On the freedoms ( much like a lot of new boots ie all scarpas, atomics)the tongue of the switch fits perfect in the gap so it stops the forward and backward rom. In the lupo's the switch just stops rearward rom. Kind of strange

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Why that boot specifically, over any of the ones in shops near you? Or do you live somewhere with a very limited selection? Just curious.
    Yeah...I feel like the shops near me either had little super light shoes, or freeride boots like the cochise. I have some great shops near me, but definitely more traditional skiing and/or racing focused.

In other news...the Salomon Mtn Labs arrived today and they feel very good on my feet out of the box.....not sure if to be delighted or nervous. Can't imagine sizing down...was a 26.5 in titans and a 26.5 in my Head Raptors (with some work)...so I think the 26.5 for these should be right.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Thought my freedom sl's flexed nice, haven't tried the rs' though but wouldn't think they're be a lot of difference.
    My point was more for the walk/ski switch though. On the freedoms ( much like a lot of new boots ie all scarpas, atomics)the tongue of the switch fits perfect in the gap so it stops the forward and backward rom. In the lupo's the switch just stops rearward rom. Kind of strange
    The whole point of the cabrio design is to control forward flex with the tongue. If you lock the forward flex at the back, it defeats the purpose.