Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Maggot Down

Unhappy Maggot Down

We lost a maggot last Friday. Jeremy, BelowZero & Encore, died unexpectedly Friday Feb 24th 2017. We were supposed to go skiing Sunday

☹️ RIP brother

Ah feck. Slay turns on the other side. RIP.

What? Wow, never met him but have corresponded with him a little, he was very helpful with some stuff for my remodel. How did it happen? I always wanted to buy him a beer, fuck.

RIP, BZ.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Seriously? WTF

Met him once at Berthoud I believe.

Sad news, rest in peace BZ.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Wow, Jeremy was a good egg. When I lived in Denver, he was my friend and I didn't have too many of those. Life is all too fragile. RIP Brother.

Thanks for posting that, Lurch. Sad to hear, losing a long time maggot.

Shit. Too freaking young. Lurch, he knew plenty of mags, may make sense to post service details.
    I toured with him at Berthoud two years ago, awesome guy that had no problem showing a BP jong around. Solid dude.
    Rest in peace Jeremy.

This sucks on a lot of levels.

I met Jeremy shortly after he moved to Denver sometime in the late 90's. Lots of beer drinking, jammin tunes and chasing girls for the next many years. Taught him how to mountain bike and ski. Never forget the day I made him puke on the side of Green mountain biking. Or the time I ditched him at Copper with 16 inches of fresh and he had only been skiing a few times. I hung with him for a bit and then had to rage on. He was pretty pissed but understood once he became a proficient skier.

So young to pass on...

Music was very important to us both. There was music, usually very loud, on the trip out to most every bike, ski, or hiking destination. J had super wizard knowledge of every rapper since the dawn of the niche. Any question any time. Had a great collection too. I wish he could have gone to that Outkast show with me, he would have loved it. We listed to lots of artists, but Outkast was on heavy rotation for sure. He was fully aware that most of the lyrics in rap are frequently just Hollywood BS. We listed to a lot of rock etc, but liked rap for the rhythm and bass. Some good lyrics interspersed through the bs as well.
    Last edited by Rideski; 10-12-2018 at 10:17 PM.

My condolences to all of you who knew him... Damn... , RIP

Ahh man. Didn't know him, but always seemed like a solid dude from the board.

Condolences to all who did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Sorry to hear. RIP. Condolences to all who knew him.

BZ was good people.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

aw man, that sucks. Vibes to his friends/family.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

damn

Awful

Sorry to hear. RIP!
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

RIP. Positive vibes for his friends and family
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

That just sucks. I never met him but he always seemed like the sort of maggot I'd like to ski with, and I'm sure we crossed paths at Berthoud at some point. RIP

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    sucks when og members of a community go down
    shred on in peace mag
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Huge bummer. I had the pleasure of skiing with BZ a few times. One was a super spontaneous trip to Wolf Creek with PowerPig and another was a good day at Berthoud. He was a fun guy and so stoked on skiing. Pow turns forever. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010010.JPG 
Views:	299 
Size:	990.7 KB 
ID:	201171

Crazy news. Jeremy was one of the first mags I met back in 2003. We had a fun powday at Vail together and he seemed like a good guy. RIP.

Such sad news. Vibes to Jeremy's friends and family. Seems like he was one of the good ones. RIP