Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 76 to 83 of 83
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    西 雅 圖
    Posts
    3,195
    Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Has anyone heard any rumors of an MNC AFD plate for the Pivot 14 Dual WTR?
    No. Look wants to forget WTR and MNC (both Salomon concepts) ever existed.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    2,856
    Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    No. Look wants to forget WTR and MNC (both Salomon concepts) ever existed.
    That was my guess. Thanks!

    ... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    819
    Had my Look rep in my shop yesterday asking why I've ordered so few bindings for 19/20. My answer was the same as last year: "no MNC offering" I sell loads of Wardens and Attack AT's, in both the retail & demo versions and have both Warden and Attack AT Demo's on our demo skis.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    西 雅 圖
    Posts
    3,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    "no MNC offering" I sell loads of Wardens and Attack AT's, in both the retail & demo versions and have both Warden and Attack AT Demo's on our demo skis.
    Same with us. Look has never had an ISO 9523-compatible binding (unless you count the re-branded Dynafit "HM") and they stopped making the Dual WTR this year. We still get plenty of people who want to use touring soles with their alpine setups.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    2,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    Had my Look rep in my shop yesterday asking why I've ordered so few bindings for 19/20. My answer was the same as last year: "no MNC offering" I sell loads of Wardens and Attack AT's, in both the retail & demo versions and have both Warden and Attack AT Demo's on our demo skis.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Same with us. Look has never had an ISO 9523-compatible binding (unless you count the re-branded Dynafit "HM") and they stopped making the Dual WTR this year. We still get plenty of people who want to use touring soles with their alpine setups.
    I guess Look has defined their target market and that's that.

    I'd love to have been a fly on the wall, to learn if their engineering team ever considered an MNC AFD redesign - whether they did and concluded that they didn't like the viability of the solution.

    It must be that their biggest touring market (Europe) doesn't do much crossover activity (not enough money in it for Look), but WTF do I know.

    ... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 04-17-2019 at 05:36 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Golden BC
    Posts
    3,598
    any problem issues with Rossignol Axial 3 120 Dual WTR ? was going to pick up a pair cheap and mount up for my technica OGs tours as a alternate resort ski.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    西 雅 圖
    Posts
    3,195
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    any problem issues with Rossignol Axial 3 120 Dual WTR ? was going to pick up a pair cheap and mount up for my technica OGs tours as a alternate resort ski.
    If the boot you have is a current model Tecnica Zero G Tour Pro, Scout, or Tour it has an ISO 9523 sole which is not replaceable. That's not the same as a WTR sole, which has a smooth AFD contact area.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    2,856
    Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    If the boot you have is a current model Tecnica Zero G Tour Pro, Scout, or Tour it has an ISO 9523 sole which is not replaceable. That's not the same as a WTR sole, which has a smooth AFD contact area.
    What Greg said.

    I just sold a couple of pairs of Pivot-14 WTRs subsequent to my acquisition of some Z-G Pro Tours. I wanted to have the option of running both my XT Freetours and Z-Gs on all of my skis (travel flexibility), so I'm about to mount Warden MNCs on the two pairs which had the Pivots. The Attack2 14 ATs are also an option (I already own the Wardens so the decision was easy).

    ... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 04-24-2019 at 12:38 AM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •