Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Bumping this to see if anyone has had much time on the attack 2 14 at's? Still curious if they have any noticeable performance differences compared to the Warden MNC
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    Bumping this to see if anyone has had much time on the attack 2 14 at's? Still curious if they have any noticeable performance differences compared to the Warden MNC
    I've been curious as well. Been hammering 2 sets of Ambitions & they have been surprisingly solid with DIN & AT.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    I've been curious as well. Been hammering 2 sets of Ambitions & they have been surprisingly solid with DIN & AT.
    I kept having to adjust the toepiece on my Attack14AT, as a gap opened up between boot and binding. Also, even with my near new Cochise alpine sole blocks, they are close to the end of their adjustment range. Well worn alpine boots may not work.

That said, they are easy to step into, and haven't pre-released. Just don't feel like an STH :-/

Anybody have beta on how much length adjustability any of these have? I'd like to be able to switch between a 306 alpine bsl and a 312 AT bsl.

32mm
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Someone at a shop told me not much at all, maybe a few mm.

Warden

Has anyone had issues with toe play using Masterale RS and Wardens? I cannot seem to get rid of toe play. I have had it looked at 3 times and all shops said it tested fine and looked adjusted properly.

I didn't read the thread super carefully, so it's possible I missed it - but not a lot has been said about *demo* bindings - so I'll throw my two cents in.

I've got the Attack *13* demo, and the Soly Warden 13 demo's. [I thought that Tyrolia was adapting the Attack13 to be MNC this year, but even if that is the case, I'm using the non MNC version.]

In both cases I'm skiing on Alpine soles. [K2 Pinnacle 130's with tech fittings, but Alpine soles - thus essentially alpine.]

I'm equivocal - I think the Attacks might have slightly better elastic response vs the Warden. And if I could get Attacks with NMC and were paying equal money, I'd probably go with an Attack binding. I think they're slightly easier to get into than the Warden too.

Overall, they are pretty similar and if there were a substantial price differential, I'd go with whichever one was cheaper.

If the Attack 13 does get a MNC version, I'd love to get my hands on it. In the absence of an Attack 13 MNC demo, I'll go with the Warden vs a non MNC Attack - even though I don't currently need it. I want to preserve the ability to use a tech boot, should I move to different boots, and perhaps end up on a non alpine sole that I might also ski inbounds.

-Greg

The 17/18 Attack 13 Demo is definitely MNC. Are you possibly thinking of the 16/17 Attack Demo?

Quote Originally Posted by SawtoothDude View Post
    The 17/18 Attack 13 Demo is definitely MNC. Are you possibly thinking of the 16/17 Attack Demo?
    I had not done a lot of looking, but the half-hearted looking I had done, I was unable to find the 17/18 demo anywhere I could purchase it. So, it def is MNC? [Edited to add: None of the listings I've seen for the 17/18 binding mention MNC. Perhaps I'm just looking in the wrong places, but no luck.]
    Nice.

Perhaps I should look again. Any pointers on where to get them cheaply?

-Greg

We are running Attack demos on most of our test skis and there has been no issue.
    Click. Point. Chute.

No suggestions on where to score the new Attack2 13 AT Demo(their full model name) on the cheap, but I can solidly vouch for them working well. My shop's entire demo fleet is running them this season and so far I've only been impressed by them. They're the first demo binder I've actually felt like I could be ok with mounting up on a pair of my personal skis.

Nice Diagram Phil. Two Maybe update with the following
    1. Put a little * next to the Marker Sole ID and note while Marker indemnifies them to work with all 9523 soles (to include WTR) there are some WTR boots which they don't play well with (Atomic XTD comes to mind)
    2. Maybe add a third circle for Boots which are 9523 but not WTR or Grip walk. These are the Sole ID bindings, Tyrolia Attack AT, and Amer Warden 13 and Shift MNC.

Be weary of Jester 16 IDs.

They barely accept a MTN lab, and did not accept the toe welt of the new hawx xtd.

Advertised as iso 9523 compatible but I am not sure.

Had a long conversation with MEC and they agree with me.

Be weary before your mount.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by SkiMTN19 View Post
    Be weary of Jester 16 IDs.

They barely accept a MTN lab, and did not accept the toe welt of the new hawx xtd.

Advertised as iso 9523 compatible but I am not sure.

Had a long conversation with MEC and they agree with me.

Be weary before your mount.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Well, neither the MTN Lab not the Hawx XTD is Gripwalk, which I thought was the standard the IDs are accepting (besides Alpine of course).

Has anyone been on the new Attack2 MNC Demos?

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Has anyone been on the new Attack2 MNC Demos?
    We are running them on most of our test skis. What is your question?
    Click. Point. Chute.

Just wondering if they seem pretty solid or if there are any potential issues. Also, where to buy them.

I run Warden MNCs right now but it would be nice to have a lot more bsl adjustment.

Just wondering if they seem pretty solid or if there are any potential issues. Also, where to buy them.

I run Warden MNCs right now but it would be nice to have a lot more bsl adjustment.
    They're definitely solid. My shop's demos are all running Attack2 13s, and are getting skied hard with no issues so far. No slop developing, all testing out true, no surprise prereleases... As someone who's historically disliked demo bindings, I'm impressed so far.

I might even throw a pair on a personal ski next season so I can move my boot center around at will.

Not sure where to get them, we get ours direct through Tyrollia.

FWIW Snowinn has the Tyrolia (Head) Attack2 14 AT for ~$160 shipped to the US without brakes. For a series of stupid reasons I had 115 brakes and I'm mounting them on new Fischers, so I went with these over the Salomons - I have only ever owned wormscrew Salomons or turntable Look/Rossis, but I'm pretty sure these will still hold me to the ski when I want and not when I don't. I am also assuming they'll work perfectly fine with MTN Labs, but will report back if there's anything funky.

We have been running Attack demos on out skis for a while. The only issue with the 2's is the stand height is a bit high, but we have learned to deal with that. The current generation of demo bindings from all manufactures is pretty darn good and ski like their retail counter parts...can you really ask any more of a demo than that? As far as where to buy them, they technically are not for retail purchase, not sure what the exact reason is, I guess that's why there is retail versions.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quick report back on the Attack ATs. Mounted them up, they have enough adjustment range to accommodate MTN Labs with fresh soles. Have only had worm drive Sallys and Pivots so the tabbed heel track adjustment feels cheap and imprecise, but I'm sure it works fine. While skiing, heel feels good; toe looks and feels like it has some lateral flex. I will probably adjust the toe down a touch for light AFD contact instead of the .5mm gap to see if that helps. Haven't really tested the release in real world. No prereleases experienced on chattery refrozen or in chop at same DIN I run Salomons for no consequence terrain (DIN 9, I'm 5'8" 165# 301bsl), but also no crashes.

Though I haven't skied the Wardens, I don't see any reason to choose the Attacks over Wardens. In my case I did it for the Fischer warranty. In retrospect, I wouldn't do it again unless they were at least $50 cheaper than I could get the Wardens.

Looks like Powder7 has them for sale: http://www.powder7.com/Tyrolia-Attac...-Bindings/sale

Quote Originally Posted by rocca View Post
    Looks like Powder7 has them for sale: http://www.powder7.com/Tyrolia-Attac...-Bindings/sale
    Pricey!

Has anyone heard any rumors of an MNC AFD plate for the Pivot 14 Dual WTR?

I suspect the design isn't conducive to fine adjustment like that of the Warden.

I may be using my Zero G Pro Tours next year as my travel boot, and I'd hate to redrill two pairs of skis for Wardens.

The ZGs are a jam fit into the Look WTRs.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music