Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Breomonkey View Post
    I'm getting more and more interested in the tyrolia's above. The demos look like a great option in this space. Wonder how to get my hands on some of them?
    I've got some Tyrolia Attack 13 Demos in great condition that I'm looking to sell. I would keep them except they don't work with my new WTR boots. PM me if you're interested.

I thought the new Attack13's had an adjustable toe that would work with the gamut of Alpine/WTR/Gripwalk/AT...Is that an older version or am i getting confused?

Which Tyrolias work across the range of sole options?

Quote Originally Posted by DKNY2LA View Post
    I've got some Tyrolia Attack 13 Demos in great condition that I'm looking to sell. I would keep them except they don't work with my new WTR boots. PM me if you're interested.
    I'm interested in your comments - the boots, and what doesn't work for you. There's such a range of folks commenting on this - from "just jam them in and go" to "I won't ski on anything that isn't indemnified", and everything in between.

I'm getting conflicting comments on the ON3P thread. I want to demo their skis and they run these bindings. I have Lange XT-130 Freetours.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Guess we're all scrambling to figure out what we can stuff our freetours into!

From Tyrolia's site:
    NEWCOMER - AT COMPATIBILITY

A newcomer in the AAA-series is the AAAttack 14AT which provides full AT adjustability for alpine, walking and touring ski boots also in the Freeski/freestyle AAAttack line.
    Name:  50-50_Desktop_600x500px_attack_tech_AT_01.png
Views: 1330
Size:  113.3 KB

I don't fully understand their graphic. My working assumption is A=alpine, T= Touring, and W=something in the WTR/GW range. Looks like it might only be their 14AT model that has full adjustment. Anybody out there got better details. I'll stop speculating.

... I don't fully understand their graphic. My working assumption is A=alpine, T= Touring, and W=something in the WTR/GW range. Looks like it might only be their 14AT model that has full adjustment. Anybody out there got better details. I'll stop speculating.
    The AFD slides fore and aft on a ramp to change the effective toe height clearance. I'm guessing the "A" and "W" position is consistent with the location of the flat AFD plate section on Alpine & WTR boots.

Guess we're all scrambling to figure out what we can stuff our freetours into!
    More and more, I'm getting the impression that this year's Attack 13 demos aren't a good match for WTR soles.

This is getting a bit frustrating in the short term. In the long term, I'm confident WTR or "multi-norm" compatible bindings will become the defacto standard for recreational, lift-served skiing (with race bindings retaining the alpine standard).

BTW, I'm happy with my Warden MNC 13s for every boot I've owned since getting them - the XT-130 Frertours, Maestrales, and OG Titans. It's only the current demo situation that's bugging me.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 02-26-2017 at 06:29 PM.
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    It's only the current demo situation that's bugging me.
    Yes, this year is a bit tricky for people who need to try a bunch of demo skis. My current solution is the Zero G Guide Pro with ISO 5355 soles off a pair of Cochise, my previous solution was the K2 Pinnacle 130 (or two pairs of boots).

I have the Attack 13 demos and they will NOT work with my WTR Lange Freetours. There's not enough range in the toe height adjustment and the AFD is non-sliding (which might not have been an issue if the toe heigh had enough adjustment range).

My understanding is, the only Tyrolia Attack series binding that will accomodate all boot soles is the Attack 14 AT.

For those interested in an awesome demo binding, the Attack 13 Demo is great but I'd go for the Salomon Warden MNC 13 Demo as it should work with all boot soles.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Yes, this year is a bit tricky for people who need to try a bunch of demo skis. My current solution is the Zero G Guide Pro with ISO 5355 soles off a pair of Cochise, my previous solution was the K2 Pinnacle 130 (or two pairs of boots).
    A part of me was thinking I should have kept my OG Titans around for ski demos. And so it goes ;-)

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    A part of me was thinking I should have kept my OG Titans around for ski demos. And so it goes ;-)

... Thom
    Yeah it's a bit of a pain. I was just professing to my wife that the Freetour looks like it gets me out of traveling with 2 boots. But man would it suck to stumble into a demo day and not be able to play. I guess odds are slim, but it's happened a couple times. Glad I've got a pair of alpine boots around.

Dkny2La- thanks for the clarification. I did see there was a warden demo. Hadn't ever seen that before. I might have to track one down. I'm predominantly Wardens across the board now. A couple "dual" hodgepodge combos of new WTR toes/old heels. My warden experience has been fantastic with the exception of one instance where my wife's toe was loose a couple times. I believe it was an adjustment issue, but we're watching it.

galibier_numero_un- you're spot on on the growing difference between. Race/recreational and see the world as I do there. Interestingly Rossi has some pretty performance oriented skis with WTR compatible bindings. I'm looking for a post carver to add to the quiver and wanted to check out Heads, but the WTR is drawing me to Rossi' lineup. Anyone stumbled into others?

I don't fully understand their graphic. My working assumption is A=alpine, T= Touring, and W=something in the WTR/GW range. Looks like it might only be their 14AT model that has full adjustment.
    I think their art department got the "A" and "T" reversed. I haven't seen one yet in person, but I believe the AFD gets lower as it slides forward, like the Marker Sole.ID toes. And yes, I believe it's only the AAAttack 14 AT that is ISO 9523 compatible.

I think their art department got the "A" and "T" reversed. I haven't seen one yet in person, but I believe the AFD gets lower as it slides forward, like the Marker Sole.ID toes. And yes, I believe it's only the AAAttack 14 AT that is ISO 9523 compatible.
    Agreed - looks like the art dept screwed up on that diagram. Here's a pic of what the Attack 14 AT toes should look like:

Name:  Attack-14-AT-toe.jpg
Views: 1250
Size:  40.1 KB

So I'm curious, what's the consensus on Attack 14 vs Warden 13?
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    So I'm curious, what's the consensus on Attack 14 vs Warden 13?
    I'm wondering the exact same thing. Attack 14 vs Warden 13, who wins?

I don't have any experience with the AAAtack14's. I don't believe they come with brakes. I'm not sure what this means for weight. Specs seemed to indicate the Aaatack14 was lighter, but that may be pre brakes. We need a shop mag with a scale to confirm

Add those, plus already being priced at a premium and the Warden is the leader in my book. Brakes are readily available, and compatible with STH2. This is nice as I have STH2's on a ski that will never see an AT boot. I have no clue if there's a performance gain with STH2 over wardens or not. They both work well for me.

Another influencing factor could be hole pattern. I need to print an Aaatack 14 pattern and see if it is any help on a pair of Swiss Cheese stix.

Not MNC, but I'll add my thoughts on Looks "DUAL" toes since I got my pair last night. The idea of rotating the flathead 90deg seems good but the execution is pretty janky! I thought I was going to Break something doing it. The little metal cam jumped out and bounces across the floor. By far the worst offering in this space of adjustable bindings! Too bad as I've always liked Look/Rossi bindings. Maybe pressure will drive them to re-engineer and put out a sweet MNC with pivot heel. 14 din please! They're late to this party!

Warden defiantly suffers a performance drop from the STH2.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    That's what I'm worried about, I want a resort binder that can charge, keep me fully locked in, have a relatively low stack height, and just be able to jam my touring boots in every once in a while. I don't want to sacrifice much in poundability or durability, and I'm a fairly big dude so the higher the din the better. I will say I'm not digging the ramp angle on P18 WTR AFD so back to considering one of these 2, and not overly jazzed about it to say the least.

That's what I'm worried about, I want a resort binder that can charge, keep me fully locked in, have a relatively low stack height, and just be able to jam my touring boots in every once in a while. I don't want to sacrifice much in poundability or durability, and I'm a fairly big dude so the higher the din the better. I will say I'm not digging the ramp angle on P18 WTR AFD so back to considering one of these 2, and not overly jazzed about it to say the least.
    I have been jamming backcountry boot soles into unmodified P18s for the last 5 years. I do so with slightly more confidence on my STH16s due to the adjustable toe height. They probably don't release for shit, but do ski well once you adjust the binding delta for the Change in boot soles.

I weigh less than XavierD but the drop in performance is small for me - the switch from a hard ISO 5355 sole to a spongier WTR sole is probably more noticeable.

Has anyone else noticed that the Fischer branded Tyrolia is the Attack 13 AT and can be found a lot cheaper than the Tyrolia Attack 14 AT.

https://www.fischersports.com/us_en/o-brake-[a]-17146

https://www.ski-depot.com/products/2...-2017-wo-brake

Quote Originally Posted by taoslcl View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that the Fischer branded Tyrolia is the Attack 13 AT and can be found a lot cheaper than the Tyrolia Attack 14 AT.

https://www.fischersports.com/us_en/o-brake-[a]-17146

https://www.ski-depot.com/products/2...-2017-wo-brake
    Why is it 13? Obviously your right, I'm just curious.

I weigh less than XavierD but the drop in performance is small for me - the switch from a hard ISO 5355 sole to a spongier WTR sole is probably more noticeable.
    Interesting, I'll be in Alpine DIN boots 90% of the time so this would not be an issue for me, if they feel solid with Alpine boots I'll be pretty stoked, but I do want to ski them hard everywhere.

Why is it 13? Obviously your right, I'm just curious.
    I have no idea. Was browsing through the Fischer pro deal page and saw this even though it is not in stock on there. It's usually just a straight re-branded paint job so not sure why one is 13 and one is 14.

In what way? Not trying to be a dick, just curious what to look for between the two?

In what way? Not trying to be a dick, just curious what to look for between the two?
    I find the Warden to be less powerful through the elastic range. I find when pushing through crappy snow or when pushing the ski over you start to notice a loss of lateral stiffness.