Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Things are drying out nicely now. The usual suspect spots are still (very) wet but for the most part it's good to go by me. I am disappointed in people though, big surprise right. I've been trying to block riders from taking the obvious softest lines in a few spots by piling branches to direct them onto the armored areas but the blocks keep getting taken out. This morning I kinda went nuts on one particular spot that's been frustrating me and dragged a downed tree into it then piled rocks around it and dug drains so the trail could dry out. 7 hours later the block was removed and the drains were plugged and there was a hand written note on the tree telling me to stop blocking the mud line because they enjoy riding it and will never get better at it if they can't practice

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Things are drying out nicely now. The usual suspect spots are still (very) wet but for the most part it's good to go by me. I am disappointed in people though, big surprise right. I've been trying to block riders from taking the obvious softest lines in a few spots by piling branches to direct them onto the armored areas but the blocks keep getting taken out. This morning I kinda went nuts on one particular spot that's been frustrating me and dragged a downed tree into it then piled rocks around it and dug drains so the trail could dry out. 7 hours later the block was removed and the drains were plugged and there was a hand written note on the tree telling me to stop blocking the mud line because they enjoy riding it and will never get better at it if they can't practice
    People are dumb.

Saturday was so flipping nice, went for a double ride day. Of course the second ride was with friends who wanted to fly, made me happy I could keep moving at a decent pace!

Trail maintenance is a nightmare, I got sucked into so many blown up corners at the fells today. Not surprising as it gets so much traffic, but some of the lines were totally new and beyond understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    Saturday was so flipping nice, went for a double ride day. Of course the second ride was with friends who wanted to fly, made me happy I could keep moving at a decent pace!

Trail maintenance is a nightmare, I got sucked into so many blown up corners at the fells today. Not surprising as it gets so much traffic, but some of the lines were totally new and beyond understanding.
    Any downed limbs or trees?
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Theme over the past two days

I only saw one blowdown at the fells yesterday, but it was a trail that doesn't get much traffic.

After 7 years living in Malden, I continue to have a hard time understanding why people ride in the Fells.

Lynn is right there (and believe it or not, its not all teh gnar..)

Willowdale etc is another 20-30 min.

Just why...

So many roots. Not tech, not flow... what is it about that place that draws repeat customers??

17 NE - Get out and ride thread

Town loops are blown and fast, getting bigger and better. And only twenty or so folks ride it. So freaking kind.

crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    After 7 years living in Malden, I continue to have a hard time understanding why people ride in the Fells.

Just why...

So many roots. Not tech, not flow... what is it about that place that draws repeat customers??
    Don't forget the Fells' shitty parking, crowded trails and running into an off leash dog every 100 ft.

Just why...

If you know where to go, there is a lot of flow and a lot of tech. Can't do much about the roots though haha. Plus, I can ride there from my house. Rarely have issues parking when I drive there, but can't do much about running into other users, just be friendly.

I haven't ridden Lynn in almost 2 years. I love it but never adjust my attitude when I ride there and end up hurt and humbled. I'm far too used to riding at speed vs slow speed tech. I never found the good non-gnarly singletrack there, always would just jump straight into the normal routine.

After 7 years living in Malden, I continue to have a hard time understanding why people ride in the Fells. ....
    My house is less than a mile away and my time is limited. Easy to get to, several longish climbs to get me breathing hard and if I find downed trees and/or limbs it's easy to hike back in with the big tools
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

New bike day, what a ripper.

^fkna!

Our place just got a new...well, first...bridge that was long overdue. Last yrs drought put it out of mind, but this past fall and spring it's been a dismount procedure.
    More mature trails need less maintenance in the spring, but we sure are busy with the new stuff. Those dead branches sag a lot over the winter months.

Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    Fatsinthecats.com is the club in that area. I haven't ridden down that way but from my [limited] research, I'd say that the riding in/around Oneonta, Windham and Kingston are probably your best bets.. but all are going to be a bit of a drive. A friend rode Jockey Hill in Kingston over the weekend and said conditions were great. Not sure what the other spots would be like.
    I need to remember this next time I'm in Monticello
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

CV riding dry in many places.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170418_180940.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	204612
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post

Nice looking whip!

Looks like you were at the West side trail. How'd it ride for you?

Yarmouth is riding pretty ...well...I'm not sure I would have said "good to go" yet. Most of it is dry but where it isn't, the ruts are bad. Real bad. Ride there yesterday. I was surprised that the stuff along the power lines was not dried out more.

What'd you think?

^^i thought it was too wet in too many places. And since it's the only thing 'open' around here it's getting hammered. Probably 8 trucks in the lot when I got there.

Bike is good, gotta change out the tires for something faster rolling.

We are game on down here. Probably too dry already based on what's going on - http://www.wmur.com/article/fire-dep...itions/9280788 On the bright side, maybe it will kill off some ticks.

Happy Bicycle Day!

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post

Nice.

I've sorta been looking for a decent used Astro/Safari AWD for a few weeks now. They're tough to find either not rotting away or with less than 200k on the clock. I wouldn't mind finding one that was a conversion with an extended top that I can pull the seats out of easily, figure I can get 4 or 5 bikes in there and still get a bunch of sample bags and such in there too.

Much needed bump for this thread.

Looks like I've got a job interview up near Stowe next week. Any trails up there ready yet? Wouldn't mind squeezing in a bike ride.

Ordered my first MTB yesterday. '17 Giant Anthem 2, 27.5, medium. Should be ready for pick up next week. Super stoked to get out and ride.
    Silent....but shredly.

Maybe, just maybe it won't be a sloppy, slick like ice ride early Saturday morning. It seems like every time I have a chance to get out and ride it's either raining or just rained. Yesterday was sketchy and today the fog didn't break until lunchtime so I didn't even bother.

Fenders on my gravel rig, ride in the rain. It's so weird, they actually work.
    No wet ass, and no road grime in the teeth.
    crab in my shoe mouth

17 NE - Get out and ride thread

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Much needed bump for this thread.

Looks like I've got a job interview up near Stowe next week. Any trails up there ready yet? Wouldn't mind squeezing in a bike ride.
    PM DaveNJ, he loves Cady Hill
    crab in my shoe mouth