Page 30 of 72 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Cool beans biggies, the offer I made at Killington still stands, lmk.

Might go to PHP for some flat roll tomorrow and they had a new 1/4 mile trail to try. Or go to this /vermont-nanofest Decisions decisions.

Speaking of decisions, WWMD?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170817_161150.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	892.0 KB 
ID:	210737
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

^^Tough choice but Plush, Lush and Hush Hush sound appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Stopped into Green Mountain Bikes in Rochester, VT today to see if their stable of used bikes included a cheap 29er for my racers. A couple conversations with Doon and Kinley (even got a quick coaching tip!) later I had a great deal and my fourth team bike in the back of the car. Between some very kind reps (lookin' at you gravity) and some very cool shops (Omer and Bob's, GMB, Tygart Mountain Sports and Mountain Cycology) I've got a fleet ready for my kids (7) and a bunch of mechanical support going into our second season. This sport has some awesome, awesome people in it.
    Yer welcome I still have the headset for that cross frame in my car but keep forgetting to let you know when I'm around to get it to you. I'm passing through twice in the next two weekends taking the kids to college but on a tight schedule. If you need it let me know and I'll make a way to get it to you.

17 NE - Get out and ride thread

A few pics (naturally with none of the riding) from the attitash enduro:

Volkswagen elite recovery center:

So nice to be back in der mountains!

Anospa's buddy John rips into the final stage. Practiced with the Anospa crew which was good times.

Stoked to be done cramping! Ha.

Good times up there. Grew up skiing the 'Tash and thinking it mild but the biking is rowdy! The wet roots definitely put me in my place but got more into the flow as the day went on. Such a fun day! Can't wait for Killington. Although i need s few weeks, my body is wrecked! Was funny watching the teens do wheelies in the parking lot for hours after practice when all I could do was keep my legs from cramping.
    Last edited by WaistDeepGroomers; 08-21-2017 at 06:10 AM.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

We keep hitting X trail while we can, but man the surveying stuff continues. Somebody left a nice tripod out in the middle of woods...oops. Just heard the master plan was another hockey arena, hotel, and outdoor fields. Kids sports = $$$

Did a few more wheelbarrow runs of gravel to buff out this one little stretch in our other zone. Not exactly an easy task getting dirt into the woods and one load does not go very far...at all. At least the dog enjoys our time out there.

After a week of house scraping/painting/etc. I had to get a road ride. Got a fair number of country lanes and a couple of miles of dirt up Boxford way.

The bike computer says it was 50.23 miles in 3:13:41 for an average of 15.5 mph with a max of 36 mph. HR only got over 150 bpm twice and quickly got back into the 130s. The vert gained was only 1518' but tempo was the name of the game so some of the vert was out of the saddle and blasted

Many are faster and fitter, but I'm pleased the week on the ladder didn't have too much effect.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Cheers enduromonsters (TM biggins, 2017)! Road biking in NC beaches this week, flat as a pancake and lots of foul smells. Rather be trail riding. #firstworldproblems. Rock on y'all.

Cheers enduromonsters (TM biggins, 2017)! Road biking in NC beaches this week, flat as a pancake and lots of foul smells. Rather be trail riding. #firstworldproblems. Rock on y'all.
    Watch out for the wild ponies!

17 NE - Get out and ride thread

Quote Originally Posted by robrox View Post
    Watch out for the wild ponies!
    We rode to the sand and went 10 feet out and 10 feet back. 8 gazillion giant trucks from all over heading out to eclipse it up. Ya know, road cycling in new (weird) places never disappoints.
    Last edited by biggins; 08-23-2017 at 11:50 AM.

Shoulda brought a fat bike for beach riding

Good meeting and riding with you Dunfee! That was a rad as hell course, wish I had let myself trust the dirt more on stage 1, I went into it incredibly hesitant.

We'll have to link up for Killington for sure, they always put together a sick course!

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Shoulda brought a fat bike for beach riding
    It's actually almost fun riding here. Everything is a straight headwind or ripping tailwind, so it's suffer, suffer, suffer, cruuuuuuuiiiize. Plus so much 'merican eye-candy.

It's actually almost fun riding here. Everything is a straight headwind or ripping tailwind, so it's suffer, suffer, suffer, cruuuuuuuiiiize. Plus so much 'merican eye-candy.
    Yup, the cruising part makes up for a lot.

Slower today: Eleventy-one road miles at 12.2 mph. 5500'+ vert. The 50+ mile tempo day before yesterday really smacked-back my pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    Good meeting and riding with you Dunfee! That was a rad as hell course, wish I had let myself trust the dirt more on stage 1, I went into it incredibly hesitant.

We'll have to link up for Killington for sure, they always put together a sick course!
    Fornsure! That was awesome. Great buddying up with john for the race as well. I was also terrified on stage 1, rode like a kook, and fell three times. Got my act together for the later one and felt great but I need to practice riding off camber roots in the rain I guess.

Definitely lets coordinate for Killington. You guys gonna do a hotel again or camp it out?
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Just keeping 9/16 at Ascutney on everyone's radar. Right now I'm blowing off SAR training to make it, so don't get lost this winter.

Made it down to Smith Preserve in Kennebunkport for only the second time. Man, what a rad system. Definitely some love being shown in the trail building. Rocks and roots galore. There are only 4 or 5 major trails there but it is approx 12 miles or so worth of stuff with plenty to keep you busy.

Really cool entrance on to a bridge that snakes around.

That line is trickier than the photo makes it look. Lots and lots like that to be had.

At the top of Bobcat ridge, it opens to an expanse of exposed rock. Really, really cool riding unlike anything else I've seen in Maine.

The line wraps around the side of the rock OR it's possible to huck the left side.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    Made it down to Smith Preserve in Kennebunkport...

Man, I gotta' make sure and get there the next time we're up at my in-laws. They're just over in the Lewiston area.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Fornsure! That was awesome. Great buddying up with john for the race as well. I was also terrified on stage 1, rode like a kook, and fell three times. Got my act together for the later one and felt great but I need to practice riding off camber roots in the rain I guess.

Definitely lets coordinate for Killington. You guys gonna do a hotel again or camp it out?
    Definitely camping, buddy talked us in into the hotel for Attitash but I generally prefer to camp. Biggins, will definitely hit you up for some beer and cheer!

Made it down to Smith Preserve in Kennebunkport for only the second time. Man, what a rad system. Definitely some love being shown in the trail building. Rocks and roots galore. There are only 4 or 5 major trails there but it is approx 12 miles or so worth of stuff with plenty to keep you busy.

Really cool entrance on to a bridge that snakes around.

That line is trickier than the photo makes it look. Lots and lots like that to be had.

At the top of Bobcat ridge, it opens to an expanse of exposed rock. Really, really cool riding unlike anything else I've seen in Maine.

The line wraps around the side of the rock OR it's possible to huck the left side.

I like the looks of that! Not too far for me to get up there either.

Rode our powdah run last night. Flipped the chip and threw the 29er's back on for the first time with the 150 fork. It did not suck

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I like the looks of that! Not too far for me to get up there
    Probably worth the trip. I need to get back down there this fall.

Question: the wife and I have a weekend free and want to get away for some riding. She's suuuuuper beginner so I know our options are limited. Aside from KT, Pine hill Park, and carrabassett, where else can we go?

I know sugarloaf is hosting their mountain bike festival. Not sure what that scene is like.

Probably 3.5 hours max from the Portland area.

^^ All that exposed rock looks like Lynn. Good stuff!

Probably worth the trip. I need to get back down there this fall.

Question: the wife and I have a weekend free and want to get away for some riding. She's suuuuuper beginner so I know our options are limited. Aside from KT, Pine hill Park, and carrabassett, where else can we go?

I know sugarloaf is hosting their mountain bike festival. Not sure what that scene is like.

Probably 3.5 hours max from the Portland area.
    Bear Brook State Park in NH is pretty beginner friendly. Hemlock and Big Bear trails have nice soil and mellow grades. Some parts of the park are technical but you can make a nice long beginner loop too.

Yeah I grew up riding on Long Island and it was exactly the same. A constant headwind really takes it out of you.

MSA - That stuff looks great! Guess I need to add a day to my next trip up that way to make sure I have time to hit that and some of the other stuff I've seen up there.

Good times in Pittsfield this weekend, so much fun big ring climbing almost to the top whipping back and forth across the hill. Met a cool couple at the top and said High to a couple of paranoid hippies as I was headed down. Best machine trails around for long flow.

Name:	20170819_150135.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	211008

Pittsfield Country Store provides, Pulled Pork Sammich and an IPA single, Town green rocks

Name:	20170819_160409.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	211009

Was going to end up in Tunbridge but dealing with dog watching and stopping in Rochester for Dunes 30th Anniversary weekend ate up and cut short time. Also got caught up taking to Angus, who was raking and seeding the pump track with his kids at the Rochester school.

Name:	20170819_131008.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	211011
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    said High to a couple of paranoid hippies as I was headed down.
    Musta been that pistol strapped to your hip, ya know, for the wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Musta been that pistol strapped to your hip, ya know, for the wolves.
    Strapped

Well I'm lost without I-Man
    Without my gun in my hand
    My ladybug don't understand how I've tried
    But I've got time on my side
    And now my heart, all filled with pride
    Many days to realize my final plan
    All I need my arms to provide
    Make my coccoon to bask inside
    My ladybug is on the rise with another man
    So I got my gun in my hand
    And I feel its time to take my stand
    All love aside, I'm denied a second time
    Over it goes, I'm breakin through
    I got my gun in my hand
    I-Man's out and on the loose

Out backyard riding and find the uvm douchebags have modified a 30+ yo bridge for their little race this weekend. FU!

Name:	20170824_184758.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	211021

Good luck to Buttahflake in the Overland tomorrow! Have a beer after!
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime