Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1782
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Whoa, that looks really, really good. Where does one park for that?
    New trailhead is right on 100 just north of the Route 4 split. Currently there are only a few miles of trails so it's perfect for a multisport day at Killington or if you're just passing through, definitely not worth a dedicated trip just to ride there yet. I've heard that some more trails are planned for next summer.

Right on, thanks.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Todays ride. Deep leaves hiding everything make for a rough ride on a hardtail. Super fun place though, really well built trails and some of the best stone work in the entire area.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2017-11-09 at 9.06.42 PM.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	426.0 KB 
ID:	215669

Nice! How many miles is that loop? Approximate acreage?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMan View Post
    You and ur miles an acreage! You have no clue about ur shite and it's all blah blah blah roadie.

Laps biatch!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    You and ur miles an acreage! You have no clue about ur shite and it's all blah blah blah roadie.

Laps biatch!
    This is where I need Buttah's help with an awesome reply of his of Jerry when he looks to the side with an eyebrow raise like uh huh....

It was 12.2 with a bit over 1400ft of gain. There's another ~9 miles in there so a total of ~21 in just under 1k acres. Such a killer place to ride. It doesn't see much use though so it's rough and raw but like I said the trail is very well done with beautiful stone work and there are tons of features to play with along the way. It's slowly starting to get more popular so I'm hoping it loses a bit of that old school rawness by mid next year.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    It was 12.2 with a bit over 1400ft of gain. There's another ~9 miles in there so a total of ~21 in just under 1k acres. Such a killer place to ride. It doesn't see much use though so it's rough and raw but like I said the trail is very well done with beautiful stone work and there are tons of features to play with along the way. It's slowly starting to get more popular so I'm hoping it loses a bit of that old school rawness by mid next year.
    Awesome thanks! Sounds like a great network!

Ride yesterday was The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Good was chuckling about a flock of turkeys that had wandered near a mile and a quarter of trail. Along a stretch of blown trail they scratched a lot of leaves back into the tread looking for bugs. And an unblown section they fluffed the packed down leaves into a 10" deep mess.
    Bad = catching a leaf hidden rock/root junction as I braked on a steep section causing a nose wheelie before the trail steepened. Resulting launch over the front = bruised rid and banged up ankle.
    Ugly = broke my light off the mount and cracked on of the lenses over the led.

Thunderstorm at 1:15 last night and a half inch of snow to up the game.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

MrMan -You don't strava, so how exactly do u measure your supposed miles there cupcake? Post it up a prove it? Or carry on blah blah blah!

For real, Strava or it didn't happen, roj. Make some segments.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Woke up to a nice little dusting of snow this morning. Definitely looking forward to some singletrack with a nice little snow layer on it. Plus tires FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    MrMan -You don't strava, so how exactly do u measure your supposed miles there cupcake? Post it up a prove it? Or carry on blah blah blah!
    A friend who I've taken thru there had this thing called a bike computer attached to his handlebar. He told me how far we rode once we were done with the loop. More trail is being added after I get finished with storm cleanup. Two weeks into it I'm hoping to finish up this afternoon when I head out for ride #2 today.

33 degrees, cover the knees....

A friend who I've taken thru there had this thing called a bike computer attached to his handlebar.

33 degrees, cover the knees....

Knees are always covered.

Session #2 today was 33 degrees at ride start and 26 degrees at rides end. REFRESHING!

finished up clearing the 2nd to last area of trail which you ride lots of good trail to get to. One downed tree required a re-route then I got my Vermont on with some rock work in a few areas and even made a lil cairn!(sp?)

Mini pics:
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 210
Size:  24.0 KB

Views: 209
Size:  24.7 KB

Views: 199
Size:  24.6 KB

Gonna be a great weekend full of riding!

Walked almost all of this today with a rake and a saw cleaning the place up for a group ride on Sunday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2017-11-10 at 5.45.46 PM.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	373.1 KB 
ID:	215735

GMT was cold as fuck at 7:30 this morning. I still managed 16 miles and a beer afterwards. The things I’ll do to get a bike ride in.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Solid cold morning VTsession. Way to get after it!

16 at that temp is killer Hank. Well done. These first few cold rides are tough, thankfully they get easier as you get acclimated.

Well the wind is down and the temp is falling like a rock and headed for the low teens. Supposed to meet for a ride at 10am and expecting around 20* at that point. Hoping to pull 10+ miles, we'll see.

Enjoy. I'm torn between chasing the cold to North Conway for a good ride, or riding and finishing up my trail work which may include scratching in some added mileage. Can't lose either way I guess lol.

Came across this flag in the middle of the Whites. Pretty cool on Veterans day wkend.

It sure is cold!

Nice! Were you riding?

Nice! Were you riding?
    Walked a little too

Enjoy. I'm torn between chasing the cold to North Conway for a good ride, or riding and finishing up my trail work which may include scratching in some added mileage. Can't lose either way I guess lol.
    North Conway trails absolutely rule. Bummed I never made it there this year. I hope you got up there.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    North Conway trails absolutely rule. Bummed I never made it there this year. I hope you got up there.

Agree wholeheartedly. Nothing touches the place in northern NE IMO. It's got everything and a shit ton of it. No trail fees, no trail closures, no crowds ever. Big vert if you want it, mellow cruise terrain too. Big rock big views.

Shit you may have just made my mind up for me. Thanx Hank!