Page 22 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    I drink too much water to ever ride with just a bottle and the HT only holds a smaller bottle as it is. I realize it's partially mental if you're properly hydrated beforehand, but I sweat out a tremendous amount of fluid on short rides of less than 2hrs. I could possibly run two bottles, one on bike and one on the body.

And I'm not much into the airborne stuff, so not too worried about the pack bouncing around, although it does occasionally, so I hear what you're saying Ryan.

In other news, one of the best new trails at Fort Rock is going to disappear as The Rinks is adding outdoor fields to their facility. I cannot imagine how much it's going to cost to level that area out, but hey it's their property and there's a shit ton of money in kids sports...because as we all know our kids are going pro yo! Throw money at it and they'll succeed.

I am probably the sweatiest sweat hog here. The pack just weighs me down with additional weight that creates sweat, dehydration and fatigue. i can carry three bottles but usually am finishing it all before my 2hr hot summer ride ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    I am probably the sweatiest sweat hog here.
    No way man! I win that contest! I keep thinking about calculating my 'sweat rate'. One of these days I might do more than just think about it, but I'd have weigh myself before that first beer. Kind of asking a lot of myself when I'm in recreation mode

I do like to carry a bottle of sea salt, maple syrup, water combo on those hot days. Again, that's probably more mental than anything else as I'm not doing those epic rides that some of you guys do. But I am old and diseased, so I'll grab any mental advantage possible.

Platy, 1.8L Hoser, in the backpack. Sometimes I fill it full and sometimes not, occasionally I guess wrong and there is a little water left.

But it's raining today, no ride....
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Hardy Avery did not build the trapps trails. He built Pipeline, Hardy Haul and Kimmers. Trapps employees built their own trails. He did layout on some.......hence the overtight, thru-the-fall line turns the kill the speed and flow of those lines. By the time he got to building the "Flow" trail in KD hill....he sort of figured out how to build turns. Of course, he had to rework the top part after building it with no bike testing then going back and riding it. He refused to test ride as he built for a few years. Blue Berry. Kimmers. Pipeline. Fun flow interrupted by downhill braking zones, overtight turns, and a lack of speed through the next section. It was my major issue with working with him on Blueberry. We were building trail that flowed like poop. Taking the time to build the turns 80% of the way. When you hike those trails, his design flaws are clearly impacting the trail quality. He does make really nice looking trail and has done a ton of work over the years. Nice to hear he's considering ride quality more these days.

As compared to Sinuosity who tests rides every cleared trail corridor to determine the final line, Brookes trails ooze flow...and are still viable for children to ride.

A fun ride is to start at Adams camp....up Kimmers (what was the DH, rides way better up) up the Haul Rd....to the cabin....Growler, Tap Line, Luce Hill Loop, Pipeline, High School .... cut through to KD Hill for a quick loop on the old school stuff, then out through Gershmans land on Pebble Beach....out to the High School....up Pipeline....cut over to the haul rd and climb up to drop Hardy Haul...a great DH built as a climb. 4 hours maybe.
    Last edited by DaveVt; 07-26-2017 at 06:38 AM.

Went into the depths of the basement and found my hip, err fanny, pack. This thing was built so well. Bomber. It was my stash bag for years!
    I'm going to give it a shot on the next ride if I'm hydrated properly and it's not too hot. To Buttahs point, I definitely carry too much shit that I never use any more, so I can ditch some stuff.
    The specialized with the secret compartments for tools seems to be a great idea. Surprised more haven't followed.

You could probably sell that fanny pack for $1,000 on eBay right now
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Ha! Yeah, what is up with gucci retro shit selling for so much money!? I bought that at Moosely Seconds or Skinny Skis in Jackson I think. It's been a lot of places and worth more than a grand to me. Which I realize is wicked fuckin' dumb

Maybe not a grand.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152625230833

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Pretty sure it was a joke, but clearly that guy is not in sales...and purple...mines worth double easily

And so not a 70's pack! Guy is a kook!

Going to be near Lake Sunapee for a couple days in August, Pinnacle sounds worth a look. Anything else around there? Do you have to do lift served at Mt Sunapee/Evolution?

Franklin Falls Dam?

Bangor has got some pretty rad stuff buried in the Town Forest. Did some exploring yesterday. The last picture is from the top of the climb out of the system. It's short but punchy as hell. We are going back this afternoon to see what else is in there.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    Bangor has got some pretty rad stuff buried in the Town Forest. Did some exploring yesterday. The last picture is from the top of the climb out of the system. It's short but punchy as hell. We are going back this afternoon to see what else is in there.

Looks cool! Will have to explore

In a completely unrelated note, do you have any suggestions for the best ride around evergreen cemetery? Wife and I wanna pedal up there and check it out tonight
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Going to be near Lake Sunapee for a couple days in August, Pinnacle sounds worth a look. Anything else around there? Do you have to do lift served at Mt Sunapee/Evolution?

Franklin Falls Dam?
    Franklin Falls is fun fast and flowey but also flat. Also not super close to the lake depending on what end you are on. Page Hill is also in the area and worth a look but if I were you I would probably just stick to Pinnacle and save myself the drive. Ascutney and Boston Lot are also fairly close by too.

Looks cool! Will have to explore

In a completely unrelated note, do you have any suggestions for the best ride around evergreen cemetery? Wife and I wanna pedal up there and check it out tonight
    There's a few lines behind the cemetery, find the pond, ride past it up the dirt road and keep your eyes open to the left. You can link out to Stroudwater, probably trail info on Portland Trails site for Stroudwater.

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
    Franklin Falls is fun fast and flowey but also flat. Also not super close to the lake depending on what end you are on. Page Hill is also in the area and worth a look but if I were you I would probably just stick to Pinnacle and save myself the drive. Ascutney and Boston Lot are also fairly close by too.
    Cool, will have the GF on board so flat and flowy works.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I ride with a vape pen and my phone/Strava, and a gu in my jersey pockets. And one bottle on the frame. And that's it. Tubes and tools? puhleeze, this isn't 1993.
    You guys are doing it wrong.
    Take a lap
    One stick and a cracked derailleur hanger could cure you of this.

Thanks for putting a hex on me bro, damn dude.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Thanks for putting a hex on me bro, damn dude.
    🤞🏻

Yup...
    Some early season days the folding saw is in the pack and sometimes the shorty loppers. Storm damage doesn't fix itself.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

My hanger bolts into in my frame (split pivot), so no dice on that front unless I wanna carry an adjustable wrench.

Thankfully the thing is beastly, only damage I've done has been off the bike and idiotic moves while carrying my bike.

Wow, so much stoke. What do you carry when you ride? Snooze
    This is like MTBR lite.
    Take laps
    crab in my shoe mouth

Fuck off, bobo
    You don't even know how to ride a bike
    And we sure as fuck don't need some PNW kook in this thread
    Dick Punch
    crab in my shoe mouth

17 NE - Get out and ride thread

I carry only a cod piece to protect my junk from regular dick punches.

Heading to Ascutney the next two afternoons btw.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    I carry only a cod piece to protect my junk from regular dick punches.

Heading to Ascutney the next two afternoons btw.
    Hahahaha. Bringing this thread back into focus!

Maybe next debate: best vape for the trail? Mine has a G on it, but will need to be abandoned at home so I can try and keep up on the group ride tonight.