Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22
    I drink too much water to ever ride with just a bottle and the HT only holds a smaller bottle as it is. I realize it's partially mental if you're properly hydrated beforehand, but I sweat out a tremendous amount of fluid on short rides of less than 2hrs. I could possibly run two bottles, one on bike and one on the body.

And I'm not much into the airborne stuff, so not too worried about the pack bouncing around, although it does occasionally, so I hear what you're saying Ryan.

In other news, one of the best new trails at Fort Rock is going to disappear as The Rinks is adding outdoor fields to their facility. I cannot imagine how much it's going to cost to level that area out, but hey it's their property and there's a shit ton of money in kids sports...because as we all know our kids are going pro yo! Throw money at it and they'll succeed.

I am probably the sweatiest sweat hog here. The pack just weighs me down with additional weight that creates sweat, dehydration and fatigue. i can carry three bottles but usually am finishing it all before my 2hr hot summer ride ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    I am probably the sweatiest sweat hog here.
    No way man! I win that contest! I keep thinking about calculating my 'sweat rate'. One of these days I might do more than just think about it, but I'd have weigh myself before that first beer. Kind of asking a lot of myself when I'm in recreation mode

I do like to carry a bottle of sea salt, maple syrup, water combo on those hot days. Again, that's probably more mental than anything else as I'm not doing those epic rides that some of you guys do. But I am old and diseased, so I'll grab any mental advantage possible.

Platy, 1.8L Hoser, in the backpack. Sometimes I fill it full and sometimes not, occasionally I guess wrong and there is a little water left.

But it's raining today, no ride....
    Happy Shredding Season to one and all!

Hardy Avery did not build the trapps trails. He built Pipeline, Hardy Haul and Kimmers. Trapps employees built their own trails. He did layout on some.......hence the overtight, thru-the-fall line turns the kill the speed and flow of those lines. By the time he got to building the "Flow" trail in KD hill....he sort of figured out how to build turns. Of course, he had to rework the top part after building it with no bike testing then going back and riding it. He refused to test ride as he built for a few years. Blue Berry. Kimmers. Pipeline. Fun flow interrupted by downhill braking zones, overtight turns, and a lack of speed through the next section. It was my major issue with working with him on Blueberry. We were building trail that flowed like poop. Taking the time to build the turns 80% of the way. When you hike those trails, his design flaws are clearly impacting the trail quality.

As compared to Sinuosity who tests rides every cleared trail corridor to determine the final line, Brookes trails ooze flow...and are still viable for children to ride.

A fun ride is to start at Adams camp....up Kimmers (what was the DH, rides way better up) up the Haul Rd....to the cabin....Growler, Tap Line, Luce Hill Loop, Pipeline, High School .... cut through to KD Hill for a quick loop on the old school stuff, then out through Gershmans land on Pebble Beach....out to the High School....up Pipeline....cut over to the haul rd and climb up to drop Hardy Haul...a great DH built as a climb. 4 hours maybe.

Went into the depths of the basement and found my hip, err fanny, pack. This thing was built so well. Bomber. It was my stash bag for years!
    I'm going to give it a shot on the next ride if I'm hydrated properly and it's not too hot. To Buttahs point, I definitely carry too much shit that I never use any more, so I can ditch some stuff.
    The specialized with the secret compartments for tools seems to be a great idea. Surprised more haven't followed.

You could probably sell that fanny pack for $1,000 on eBay right now
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey

Associate Editor, TGR

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Ha! Yeah, what is up with gucci retro shit selling for so much money!? I bought that at Moosely Seconds or Skinny Skis in Jackson I think. It's been a lot of places and worth more than a grand to me. Which I realize is wicked fuckin' dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Maybe not a grand.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152625230833

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Pretty sure it was a joke, but clearly that guy is not in sales...and purple...mines worth double easily

And so not a 70's pack! Guy is a kook!

Going to be near Lake Sunapee for a couple days in August, Pinnacle sounds worth a look. Anything else around there? Do you have to do lift served at Mt Sunapee/Evolution?

Franklin Falls Dam?

Bangor has got some pretty rad stuff buried in the Town Forest. Did some exploring yesterday. The last picture is from the top of the climb out of the system. It's short but punchy as hell. We are going back this afternoon to see what else is in there.