Page 9 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Cotton Jockeys = worse chamois than just going commando in your bike shorts? Gotta be.

Anyone ever ridden Jones Park in Vestal, NY? Enduro there in a couple weeks. Thinking of heading up and pre-riding soon. Looks like a tiny park and kinda flat?

Jockeys on a tree = Ew. Any Fells riders ever see the naked guy by Sheepsfold? One of the wackier elements of metro Boston riding I ever experienced.

Been a few years since I saw the infamous naked runner, always a hilariously bizarre encounter while night riding. Be wary venturing north of sheepsfold if you're solo, that's a no fly zone at dusk!

Northfield trails should be perfection today. Get it.

Rolled super nice yesterday! Tacky goodness, but unfortunately looks like more rain coming our way for two days

Roll non stop and avoid the black fly plague.

Hows Ascutney looking these days? I'm hoping for a Sunday ride there if the rain isn't too much

What's riding well despite yesterday's rain? Hoping to hit somewhere out of the usual rotation sunday.

Ascutney should be good by Sunday. Check the facebook page, I think they'll update in the morning. Up until the rain a good portion of the place was riding great.

Pow Day on tap. Take advantage of the cool morning temps to keep the bug-activity minimal. Some peak birding happening right now as well. Small hawks, big wood peckers, and rare song birds can be spotted in the meadow up in the old ski area. As well as roosting bombers and the rare jumping hooter. They seem to be concentrated on Orange Trail.

^^ Oh my god the birds were awesome today, the last week or so actually. I've seen more owls, egrets and eagles than in the last few years put together. Today was intense with huge birds swooping through the piney areas hunting and songbirds and woodpeckers doing their thing everywhere else.

Conditions are straight up fucking hero dirt nearly everywhere. It's weird the mud has reached this state where it's firm enough to ride but it has a jelloey like consistency and starts to smooth out after just a few hours. You can ride the same spot two days in a row and hardly see the tracks you know you left the day before. There are some spots that are just plain old marshes this year that aren't usually bad. #bringbackthedrought

Rode a side of Falmouth I hadn't yet explored. Hadlock Forrest is a bit different than Blackstrap. Blackstrap gets all the love, for good reason.

Conditions were a mixed bag; some stuff was fast, some was slimey as hell, and some was a downright swamp.

Cool, rusted out old tractor along the trail side

17 NE - Get out and ride thread

Sunday was a rare day. The morning was a an epic STAB trails ride.

....and got back to Boston to catch Tool play at Boston Calling.

Hero Dirt? Not up this way. Canopy popped into full summer coverage and the ground is no longer baking in the forest, more like sweating. Bumped into a group of 6 or 7 making their way up to the top and climbed with them. We were moving at the same pace so we stuck together for the whole loop. They were from Southern NH, near fort rock, I guess the core group from a shop down there call Cycles Ect. They were all great folks, and some rippers in the group as well.

Our conditions were classic Paine Mtn. Instantaneous and dramatic changes in friction coefficient as tires rolled from tacky, to a tad schmeezy dirt....to wet-glass like ledges, and slate dripping with humidity. I think every guest was a victim at some point, but no injuries when we parted ways. They were headed back up to catch the Slate Ave trail as their ender...I had a brisket to get on the grill so I split after Orange.

From the summit we hit the old new trail, to the goat path off the hawk watch, to the new new trail. Good, long sections of fast, steep loam roosting. The new sections are as perfect as they can be right now. So fresh. The lower section has seem maybe 50 riders and is primitive old-school fun. I'm really stoked with how last year's additions are riding. They will need lots of work as they burn in, but for now the down hill run from the summit, is long, fast, tech, and greasy. Heros will shine, but dues will be paid. Several crashed, a couple big tire slices, no injuries. Happy bikers.
    Things were a taint wetter than I thought they would be, this week looks like more Trail Work than riding as the "Trout Fishing Weather" seems to be here for a few more days. Hopefully we're back on track next weekend.
    Ride on.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    Rode a side of Falmouth I hadn't yet explored. Hadlock Forrest is a bit different than Blackstrap. Blackstrap gets all the love, for good reason.
    What's the blackstrap mix like? Know I've asked before but been doing a bunch of googling to get more info but not finding much. Is sideknob extravaganza a super Bermy run? Hotly anticipating a first tour up there once we're back in LePages "mosquito area" in two weeks.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

FS thread jack, road shoes and pedals for sale: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...o-Blade-cheapo!

Back to it.

Fuk yeah. The '59 Viking bus is back on the circuit. Sloppy and wet. Just the way we like it.

Bro, are feeling alright? That bus has Vermont plates! Yikes.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Bro, are feeling alright? That bus has Vermont plates! Yikes.
    It's a work in progress to bring it back to it's former glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    It's a work in progress to bring it back to it's former glory.
    That thing is fucking awesome.

I think I love your bus

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I think I love your bus
    Well, you're either on the bus or you're not.

^my bike is on the bus, but I'm not

That bus is sick! The seats!

The bus came by and I got on , that's when it all began. ...

Come on up and shuttle sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    The bus came by and I got on , that's when it all began. ...

Come on up and shuttle sometime.
    Where is this magical shuttle zone??
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.