Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52
Results 1,276 to 1,293 of 1293
  1. #1276
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    BroDonkulous. 56 seconds of pure bliss. Easily the best I've ever ridden. Embrace young fellahs. There will be some exploration
    Let's Party.
    #brokebackmtn

  2. #1277
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    5,479
    Hi Rog
    crab in my shoe mouth

  3. #1278
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Killer day to get out for a ride! Gideeup!
    You're not kidding, perfect weather today!

  4. #1279
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by AyoBeng View Post
    You're not kidding, perfect weather today!
    Nice pic. Richmond/Cocherans?

  5. #1280
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    179
    Anyone doing the Wicked Ride next Sunday?

  6. #1281
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    1,589
    Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    Anyone doing the Wicked Ride next Sunday?
    A friend mentioned it, but I'm not a huge fan of big busy rides. Possibly.


  7. #1282
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Up in ya face!
    Posts
    2,776
    Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    Anyone doing the Wicked Ride next Sunday?
    I'm no longer local, so I won't make it, but for those thinking about it- It's a very good time. Take a novice or newby and send them off on a skills clinic ride. Then join the Diesel ride and get your gnar on. Then eat chili. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday. Love Harold Parker (even though it always manages to rough me up).

  8. #1283
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    I'm no longer local, so I won't make it, but for those thinking about it- It's a very good time. Take a novice or newby and send them off on a skills clinic ride. Then join the Diesel ride and get your gnar on. Then eat chili. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday. Love Harold Parker (even though it always manages to rough me up).
    Iíve still never been there...thought this might be a good time. Whatís the riding like?

    Since I usually ride solo, Iím not sure if Iíll dig the vibe or not. Seems like itís rad.

  9. #1284
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Up in ya face!
    Posts
    2,776
    Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    I’ve still never been there...thought this might be a good time. What’s the riding like?

    Since I usually ride solo, I’m not sure if I’ll dig the vibe or not. Seems like it’s rad.
    It's a big event, so lots of people, but that kind of makes it perfect for a first timer to HP. There's a decent amount of variety to the terrain there, though the majority is chunk-chunk-chunky. Flow is there, but you'll be well served to get in a group ride and learn the place on the wheel of someone who knows. It's a fun vibe for sure though- a lot of folk's season swan song, so spirits are high and group rides are positive affairs. I rode at the Wicked Ride once in the cold rain with a gaping hole in my knee (love you Harold Parker) and still had maybe one of the best rides of my life. Get there on the early side for parking.

  10. #1285
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    It's a big event, so lots of people, but that kind of makes it perfect for a first timer to HP. There's a decent amount of variety to the terrain there, though the majority is chunk-chunk-chunky. Flow is there, but you'll be well served to get in a group ride and learn the place on the wheel of someone who knows. It's a fun vibe for sure though- a lot of folk's season swan song, so spirits are high and group rides are positive affairs. I rode at the Wicked Ride once in the cold rain with a gaping hole in my knee (love you Harold Parker) and still had maybe one of the best rides of my life. Get there on the early side for parking.
    Thanks! Itís been on my radar for a few years but the weather has been rubbish. Hereís to hoping this year is better.

    I always worry about group rides as I never want to be ďthat guyĒ who slows the group...yadda yadda.

  11. #1286
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    5,347
    Did another under the radar exploratory mission yesterday. It's amazing when you realize that you drive within 50 feet of some beautiful trails and have no idea that they're there. Miles and miles of 50+ year old Jeep track and farm roads grown in to 3 foot wide chunderfests Actually I bet they're fantastic surfaces when it's somewhat damp, right now it's just so dry that it got to be like kitty litter and the rocks were so loose in the ground they would come out and roll down the hill if you looked at them wrong. There is close to 20 miles of trails in this zone that connects to another 20+ that I started exploring last week and another 30+ that I'll get to soon enough. What a huge potential this area has that very few people have a clue about. Next time you're driving on the Taconic Parkway just south of Rt 301 is a veritable playground that spans both sides of the road with trails literally 50 feet from the pavement in some spots. but the stuff a few miles in is where the fun really is.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG1231.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	214255

  12. #1287
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    65
    Another summer like day until I turned a corner about 75 minutes in and found a bike in the middle of the trail and a bro sitting on the side in pain. Hitting a tree sux. Ride ended while gaining karma points by escorting the dude out to the lot.

  13. #1288
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Up in ya face!
    Posts
    2,776
    Quote Originally Posted by teletele View Post
    Another summer like day until I turned a corner about 75 minutes in and found a bike in the middle of the trail and a bro sitting on the side in pain. Hitting a tree sux. Ride ended while gaining karma points by escorting the dude out to the lot.
    You are the mensche of mtb my friend. Cheers.

  14. #1289
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    5,347
    Quote Originally Posted by teletele View Post
    Another summer like day until I turned a corner about 75 minutes in and found a bike in the middle of the trail and a bro sitting on the side in pain. Hitting a tree sux. Ride ended while gaining karma points by escorting the dude out to the lot.
    Sometimes I think about how lucky I've been not to have to stumble out of the woods broken or damaged.

  15. #1290
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    I’ve still never been there...thought this might be a good time. What’s the riding like?
    HP is a really fun fairly extensive classic north shore riding destination with a good mix of tech, non tech, with rolling hills and not much in the way of elevation change. Some good punchy climbs tho.

    Since I usually ride solo, I’m not sure if I’ll dig the vibe or not. Seems like it’s rad.
    If you usually ride solo and are happy riding solo then you very well may be in for a rude awakening. The Wicked ride is a shitshow to be honest. Throw 600 plus riders on a techy slowish (for most riders) mostly single loop route and you'll feel like you are stuck in bad Boston rush hour traffic at many points along the way. Not a good way to experience what HP has to offer on your 1st go.

    My advice would be to get there and be riding no later than 730am as the loop will be marked the afternoon before, enjoy an uncluttered HP then get back to enjoy the festivities and maybe head out with a group or for a skills clinic later on. Or if you can swing it go ride there the afternoon before after the route is marked. Beware, if you start riding late morning, by the time you get done, much of the good grub may be gone.

    Enjoy.

  16. #1291
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Sometimes I think about how lucky I've been not to have to stumble out of the woods broken or damaged.
    I sure hope that you have some wood nearby to tap those nuckles on.

  17. #1292
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    5,347
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMan View Post
    I sure hope that you have some wood nearby to tap those nuckles on.
    Haha as I hit reply I was thinking that. Thanks for pointing it out though Jong


    Anyone going to be in east central NY in the morning? Gonna hit a couple of loops at Beebe Hill hopefully around 11 or so. Then my daughters want to go for a KT ride with dad so I'm going to buzz up there on Monday. If anyone is around let me know so we can coordinate.

  18. #1293
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Live Free or Die
    Posts
    973
    Damn it is dry out there. All the usual seasonal stream are dry and the soil is rock hard. Lots of leaves down already but mostly maples so the traction isn't too murderous. Beech and oak are starting to turn so it should be slick soon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •