Page 42 of 72 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1782
    Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    Killer day at KT today, 40 miles exploring.
    Animal. You and Buttah would have fun torturing each other.

Heading to Kent Pond tomorrow.

Thunder Mtn. hippy time Monday?
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    CantDog - any chance you are riding with a former Colby nordic ski team member?
    Ha yes, Cary and I were roommates for years.

17 NE - Get out and ride thread

Ha yes, Cary and I were roommates for years.
    Ha! I was in the big pack of people on Burnham Up.

We did 21 miles and 3000 vert.

Ha! I was in the big pack of people on Burnham Up.

We did 21 miles and 3000 vert.
    Ah nice! Cary said your sister skied at Colby. I was dragging up Burnham, and it took me about two hours to realize I had my front and rear suspension locked out. Derp.

Today's plan is ride until I can't walk, which will probably happen at the furthest point from the car.

Ah nice! Cary said your sister skied at Colby. I was dragging up Burnham, and it took me about two hours to realize I had my front and rear suspension locked out. Derp.

Today's plan is ride until I can't walk, which will probably happen at the furthest point from the car.
    That was my buddy Ian. We're heading out a ride shortly. Have a great time.

" Yup dry as dry could be. We did just get about 10 hours of drizzle so maybe the surface will be a bit tacky tomorrow when I get out for a spin."

Coyotes yipping at 3:15 am got me up and I heard a little dripping, gauge shows less than a tenth, didn't even rinse the truck off.

I had to pick up a tool chest in Shelburne so I rode Carse on the over. Started on HH over to Pinner and back. Great big ring rolling on 85% of the ride was a good break from the Valley. Saw a fair number of acorns amongst the leaves, but thankfully hardly any oak leaves down. Had a nice crash 15 tears ago in Reading washing out on the glassy bastards.

55` and climbing, get after it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170930_150349.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	213006
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Great weekend at KTA. We had quite a mob on Saturday. The cast of characters included:
    -5 SMS nordic skiers
    -2 former pro snowboarders
    -1 current US nordic team member
    -a bunch of VT regulars
    -and a one legged rider that can kick your ass.

Today's ride was awesome. Todys, ridge/rim, pines, old webs, Riverwood, etc.

Now we're back in happy valley.

I will say that E Burke was a clusterfuck yesterday. A harvest festival, parade, a trail run, and freaking quebexicanis biking up moose alley. It's possible that the place has jumped the shark.

I will say that E Burke was a clusterfuck yesterday. A harvest festival, parade, a trail run, and freaking quebexicanis biking up moose alley. It's possible that the place has jumped the shark.
    Hey. They are responsible for 8 full time/year round jobs in the kingdom so that's totally worth it. Sick Bus. Actually I think shop manager is for hire so currently 7....

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Hey. They are responsible for 8 full time/year round jobs in the kingdom so that's totally worth it. Sick Bus. Actually I think shop manager is for hire so currently 7....
    What's their gross revenue? They are expecting 120k biker days this year. At $15/head that's serious $$$. I know it does work quite like that bit it's still a lot of coin.

Great weekend at KTA. We had quite a mob on Saturday. The cast of characters included:
    -5 SMS nordic skiers
    -2 former pro snowboarders
    -1 current US nordic team member
    -a bunch of VT regulars
    -and a one legged rider that can kick your ass.

Today's ride was awesome. Todys, ridge/rim, pines, old webs, Riverwood, etc.

Now we're back in happy valley.

Ha! It felt like 80/20 Québécois to New Englanders yesterday. Funny, I felt it was less crowded yesterday, but it could of been the times we were out. Today we kept getting stuck behind people on Trolls Stroll and Kitchell that wouldn't move over.

Who the fuck goes up Moose Alley? Probably the same fools that go down Burn Em Down.

What's their gross revenue? They are expecting 120k biker days this year. At $15/head that's serious $$$. I know it does work quite like that bit it's still a lot of coin.
    Click here
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Kingdom is great when it's empty but that doesn't happen too often. I try to start real early and be done by 10:30 or so. It's remarkably quiet there early in the AM.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Makes sense. $900k in 2015. They had more in 2016 (88k visits) and they are on track for 120k this year. Puts them around $1.5mil revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    " Yup dry as dry could be. We did just get about 10 hours of drizzle so maybe the surface will be a bit tacky tomorrow when I get out for a spin."

Coyotes yipping at 3:15 am got me up and I heard a little dripping, gauge shows less than a tenth, didn't even rinse the truck off.
    Yeah I think the 10 hours gave me about .2 so pretty much the same thing. It was dusty again less than 24 hours later.

Kickass bus! Moose Alley is supposed to be an up trail, has been for years. Just ask Rog

Ha! It felt like 80/20 Québécois to New Englanders yesterday. Funny, I felt it was less crowded yesterday, but it could of been the times we were out. Today we kept getting stuck behind people on Trolls Stroll and Kitchell that wouldn't move over.

Who the fuck goes up Moose Alley? Probably the same fools that go down Burn Em Down.
    Down in the name should be a hint Yeah the trails that everyone is always suggesting online have gotten way too popular as your experience with Trolls and Kitchell prove. Good thing there's so much more...

^^Farm Junk world is a great place to hit on a busy day

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    We did that on Friday night.

As for the up/down issue, Burnham down was named before all the bridge work. It used to be a ball buster going up as the roots were rough. Now the bridges make the down so squirrely with even a hint of moisture that it rides much better uphill.

^^ Makes sense. I've only done it when dry.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    ^^ Makes sense. I've only done it when dry.
    same, probably haven't ridden Burnham in 4-5 years

Looks wet this week >>> weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Did this on Saturday (WCBC Savage Century):
    Name:  savageprofile1.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  24.3 KB

Rode from my house and ended up at just over 117mi and, apparently, ~10,000 climbing. None of the hills are horrible...but it's one of those rides that's almost never flat, so it ends up just wearing you out.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    That whole side of the system. When it's busy, I like to do the ride up from the welcome center -> Trillium -> Magill fields -> Moose Ally -> Farmjunk -> Good n' You -> Skydive -> (i ride back up to do Skydive a second time for laughs) -> etc, then I'll hit the other side. It's a lot of miles BUT you can avoid most of the crowd.

Riding old school trails with the new wide bars has caused more little hand dings then ever before. Damn trees! I squeeze thru most generally, but it's time to slow down or break out the chain saw.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    That whole side of the system. When it's busy, I like to do the ride up from the welcome center -> Trillium -> Magill fields -> Moose Ally -> Farmjunk -> Good n' You -> Skydive -> (i ride back up to do Skydive a second time for laughs) -> etc, then I'll hit the other side. It's a lot of miles BUT you can avoid most of the crowd.
    What he said. Despite the crowds, the trails are generally in great shape. I try to get there during there during the week, and ride Burke on weekends.

Anyone in the sea coast area up for a ride tomorrow afternoon? Need to take a mental health half day. Staying in Kittery for the night so I could do 3 ish somewhere