Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 1782
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yeah, I was checking pinkbike often and didn't see any great deals. Had kind of conceded to the fact I was buying new when I walked into the shop and they had 'the' used bike I was looking for. Shit luck I guess, but there has to be a bunch of good used fat bikes sitting in garages not being ridden.
    I've been combing the classifieds and Craigslist pretty closely and I find people asking pretty high prices for used fatties that are several years old. Not sure if fat bikes are fetching a lot used but its pushing me towards buying new. I've been eyeing some factory directs bikes like the RSD Mayor and Motobecane Lurch FS for a bit more $ if nothing better comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    There's no easy way in the Dog River Valley. It's steep in every direction from town for a few hundred verts at least. The only way it might happen here is if the Students at NU really got stoked on it. How do the snow dogs work? Not sure how good the ROKON would do in deep snow and steeper terrain. You guys use them?
    Dave from Littleton Bikes uses a Rokon on the PRKR Mt trails and seems to do really well with it and those trails are far from flat. There are a couple of groups using the 'dogs successfully, look up BKNEMBA on FB or check out what Jason from Mason Racing in Lebanon are up to.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Speaking of fat bikes - I'm still in the market for a size large - not all that picky about parts spec but I'd like to spend around $1k, new or used. If anyone knows of one for sale or knows of any shops offering deals let me know. Thanks.
    Couldn't hurt to check with Tommy (the nut job ) at High Intensity in N Haverhill NH or Joe at Likin' Bikin' in Amherst NH, those are two of the better fatty shops in the region and they may have something used, they also both sell KHS which is a nice high value option in the fat world. There are a few others that are really good too like Mason Racing and The West Hill Shop, Earls in B'ton and IRide in Stowe.

Spent a couple hours during todays cold and wind to snowshoe pack part of our little trail system. I did 3 miles and a bud did another 3 but of course we didn't connect yet. Need a thaw/freeze to solidify.

Some solid work right there. I groom with an eagleclaw fishing sled and a few cinder blocks. I think it is easier than snowshoeing, but I fucking hate snowshoeing.
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Snowshoes pulling a tire from a pontoon boat half filled with water. Unfortunately the trails are still not fun to ride as the snow has not consolidated. Hopefully a few freeze thaws and it will be golden. If there were constant snowshoe traffic it more than likely would be alot better.

Sent from my XT1585 using TGR Forums mobile app

Had a good ride yesterday in CT. Interesting weather with snow to rain and 33 degrees. Was a slushy mudfest and a darn fun ride.

That Don't Make No Sense

My experience yesterday in CT. Quite different!

From two days prior.

Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

When the skiing sucks, the fat biking is good. Saw a guy riding "skinny" tires in woods in Waterbury yesterday.

What a nice day it was for a ride today. Temps in the low 40's and the ground stayed mostly frozen, just one ~30 foot long greasy section where the sun was beating on it and the leaf cover had been blown off. For the most part it was really tacky and grippy even under a dense leaf carpet, sometimes the leaves were slick though where they were frozen underneath they'd get all slidey slidey.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG1309.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	222352
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG1307.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	222351

17 NE - Get out and ride thread

I attempted a fat bike ride Saturday on some VAST trails and it was scary icey. I then went to Blueberry Lake this morning and tried again and it was even worse. Temps got up to the mid 40s so I gave the VAST another go around noon and it was perfect. 8 miles and 1200 ft of grippy, fast snow.

Loving the new fat bike, all 35 lbs if it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Buddy of mine road on Saturday, Revo > Evolution > Clinic >GS > Bitter Route > Ridgie > M. Twist > Cyclone > Rev. and said it was great. Tried in vain to sell me on a fattie, but admitted my reasons against were solid.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Got out a couple times this wkend. My knee is 90-95% finally.
    Experimented with running studs up front and rubber out back. Not a fan of studs out back climbing granite. Riding ice like this was fine with low lbs out back and studded traction up front. Ass end got loose a few times, but that's just fun.

Last Sunday I did b-street to Earl's and back. In the 16 miles it was every possible condition. The shady trails that had foot traffic were perfection, the untracked cream cheese was great but anything that saw sun was a total mess. Slow going but the weather was so beautiful. I did startle a bear which in turn scared the shit out of me as it bashed through the brush. Hopefully winter returns soon.

Did you remind the bear that he's supposed to be sleeping this month?

It was a little chaotic for a minute. I think he tried to climb a tree but it broke and made a huge crash not far off the trail. He just stood there staring at me looking stunned. I did talk out loud and it finally took off. But for the rest of the ride every twig snapping had me looking. We have alot of bears around here these days.

I haven't seen one around here in a long time but I constantly worry about coming around a corner at speed and spooking one and having it come towards me (or my daughter) rather than running away.

Unfortunately there getting less skittish around my house. I would love for people to stop feeding them. These are different groups of bears at the entrance to my network of trails. The one eating at bird feeder is a giant female. Then the two playing were part of a group of three big Cubs with a mother. They just look at us when we ride by. Hopefully it stays that way.

VT Fish and Game got tired of shooting nuisance bears feeding in yards and now you are required to remove feeders in the summer.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Yeah I finally had a good conversation with our animal control ofc after one of the bears was on their deck pawing at the door. I really dont want to shoot one that's trying to rip my door off. We have a pretty amazing amount of wildlife for not being too far from populated area.

Just a few inches of new snow has made Millstone prime for fatty riding.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Friend's commuter was stolen this morning, keep an eye out:

"Stolen bike alert. Was getting coffee at pavement on Newbury and a white college aged male took off in the direction of Fenway. Keep an eye out"

Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    Friend's commuter was stolen this morning, keep an eye out:

"Stolen bike alert. Was getting coffee at pavement on Newbury and a white college aged male took off in the direction of Fenway. Keep an eye out"
    Shared this post on FB today, had a townie stolen out of my back yard this fall. Bike thieves suck

Tomorrow up in Littleton they're doing a Poker Run on the PRKR Mt Trails to help support the grooming they've been doing this winter. From what I'm seeing the conditions are primo right now. Grab your fatty and head north. On Monday there's a fatbike banked slalom downhill at Suicide Six that looks like fun too.

Anyone been riding in the BTV area lately? I’m curious about conditions. Headed up for a few days and plan to ride and hit Foam.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    Anyone been riding in the BTV area lately? I’m curious about conditions. Headed up for a few days and plan to ride and hit Foam.
    We’re about to get 3 days of rain and temps over 60 this week. I’d guys not very good.