Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 1782
    Any NE mags traveled to Fruita in the past? Starting to brainstorm a trip for next year and it’s on the list.

Bailed out my Hi-Fi...ouch!
    On the other hand it's all spiffed up and tubless .... #hangingfromtherafters
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    Any NE mags traveled to Fruita in the past? Starting to brainstorm a trip for next year and it’s on the list.
    Quite easy to do, the details just depend on your budget!
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    Go S/SW, when you hit I70 make a right and go another ~2k miles. See how easy that was.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Go S/SW, when you hit I70 make a right and go another ~2k miles. See how easy that was.
    Fuck. I knew I was doing something wrong.

Probably should have posted in the general forum but thought I’d check for local advice first

Hit the trails in my back yard, 4-5" sun peaked out for a few, its nice to have winter back.

Sent from my XT1585 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Our ancestors did whatever they wanted to the land by building these walls. Then they put barbed wire everywhere and just left it. And this is somehow better than how we're raping the land these days because it's "old". I spent two days last month reeling and cutting up old barbed wire left behind. And fwiw these walls are mostly gone anyway with only bits a pieces visible, so not like their in pristines shape. If the wall is in good shape and complete, I actually wouldn't mess with it, but ones like this I will every time.
    Justification of poor behavior in the present by citing poor behavior from the past is my least favorite argument. Slaves, Clear cutting of the great eastern forest, mass genocide of native people in the new world and abroad. Just because humans used to do some fuct up shit doesn't give us the green light to continue being pricks.

More importantly, private land owners, and public land managers place value on the stone walls, foundations, and homesteads scattered about. We lost trail access in Northfield 10 years ago when the local shop rats used stone from a wall to armor. If mtb trails are built out of old stone walls and the wrong individual discovers it and makes a stink, it could adversely affect access and public perception.

Always nice to see people putting in time, but saving others from past mistakes is a better dynamic I think.

There's the soap box. Nicely done Davey

Never fails, just when I think he might be okay. Out comes the Jersey know-it-all douche.
    Dick Punch.
    crab in my shoe mouth

....from the guy that just posted, "I just took apart this 250 year old stone wall on someone else's land to make a jenky fuckn' bridge over a branch I should have just sawed and moved." .... and his frat bro.

You keep going Davey! You're doing great!

^^^

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    ....from the guy that just posted, "I just took apart this 250 year old stone wall on someone else's land to make a jenky fuckn' bridge over a branch I should have just sawed and moved." .... and his frat bro.
    Or just hop over it - doesn't look too bad. But but but that kills the flow!

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    Or just hop over it - doesn't look too bad. But but but that kills the flow!
    I don't have your mad hop skilz.

Froze up! Digging that it's going to stay cold by me for a while! We usually have an ongoing freeze/thaw cycle of crap.

Fat biking traffic seems to be a fraction of what I've seen in the past seasons. We groom the boring trails for it locally. I know conditions have been rough this winter, so I'm assuming that's the reason. The other possibility is fat bike popularity is ebbing. You guys seeing less users? Wondering how the fat bike market is doing as compared to the last 2 years. Seems...maybe. http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/ar...t-bikes-48630/

17 NE - Get out and ride thread

I think it's more of a quiver rig. I have one, I'm not planning on ever replacing it. One and done?
    Last edited by buttahflake; 12-30-2017 at 08:51 AM.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Yeah I'm pretty content with my fatty but wouldn't mind replacing the frame with a more modern one with a thru axle rather than the old QR. I think a lot of the people that have one now are in the same boat and don't really need another one and a lot of the people that want one already have one so new sales are sluggish. As far as riders on trail I don't have a feel for what's happening up there other than reports like yours Dave but it does seem like there are more groomed networks than there used to be so maybe the riders are spreading out to more areas so you're not seeing as much use on your trails because you're only grooming the boring ones.

It was nice out there with new snow falling this morning but we need more snow to smooth things out and temps in the 20's rather than single digits would be nice.

We can t groom anything narrow. I 'm on a Polaris 650 with tracks and a drag so we need 50 inch with corridors. Our LBS does not seems to embrace it like some, and NU has some to send students out on, but no one locally wants to pack the single tracks. I guess until someone gets a wild hair up their butt we'll not be seeing any single track packing locally.

Yeah it takes a local shop to develop the crowd that wants it and single track groomers aren't cheap either. Whether it's a Rokon or Snowdog there's a significant investment in $$ and time to get it done. It's not a bad thing to have snomo width trails though, maybe make a point of it to the local families and develop it that way. Isn't Darn Tough in your 'hood? I bet there are lots of people there that would enjoy a place to get out for a quickie ride after work that isn't too strenuous.

There's no easy way in the Dog River Valley. It's steep in every direction from town for a few hundred verts at least. The only way it might happen here is if the Students at NU really got stoked on it. How do the snow dogs work? Not sure how good the ROKON would do in deep snow and steeper terrain. You guys use them?

https://youtu.be/Gj4j09nZbjA
    These guys would be able to answer most grooming questions. The rokon interests me for our system pulling a weighted tire as.theres not much steep area.

Sent from my XT1585 using TGR Forums mobile app

Speaking of fat bikes - I'm still in the market for a size large - not all that picky about parts spec but I'd like to spend around $1k, new or used. If anyone knows of one for sale or knows of any shops offering deals let me know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Speaking of fat bikes - I'm still in the market for a size large - not all that picky about parts spec but I'd like to spend around $1k, new or used. If anyone knows of one for sale or knows of any shops offering deals let me know. Thanks.
    Yeah, I was checking pinkbike often and didn't see any great deals. Had kind of conceded to the fact I was buying new when I walked into the shop and they had 'the' used bike I was looking for. Shit luck I guess, but there has to be a bunch of good used fat bikes sitting in garages not being ridden.