Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 1782
    Planning on riding year round this year...should be in decent shape by June.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Hey NE Riders!
    I am looking for riding/rental advice for the Dartmouth area next June (going to a reunion). Love a bit o' rocks and roots, but any decent riding would be fine. Anyone know where I could get a good demo?
    Maybe a shoutout to ride with y'all?
    Mason Racing Cycles in Lebanon for demos, Jason knows his shit. Boston Lot is the local network. Ascutney is good, really good. FTW is putting together what should end up being a pretty great place to ride in Bellows Falls, should be mostly open by the time you're here. Definitely let us know when you're gonna be around.

17 NE - Get out and ride thread

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Mason Racing Cycles in Lebanon for demos, Jason knows his shit. Boston Lot is the local network. Ascutney is good, really good. FTW is putting together what should end up being a pretty great place to ride in Bellows Falls, should be mostly open by the time you're here. Definitely let us know when you're gonna be around.
    Frank is building a network in BF?
    No shit, that's five minutes from Walpole. Really glad to hear this.
    Deetz?

Android Snackbar is the man, Mason Racing is a killer shop. Boston Lot is excellent, tough as hell, but really a rewarding place to ride if you have good legs.
    crab in my shoe mouth

^^Yup. I can't remember the name of the spot but there are some trails there now and they're expanding on it. He got permission from the town to go ahead and make it a real thing not too long ago. Something about Minards Pond and a variety of trails and gravel roads with some crazy steep climbs... There may be some private land mixed in with the public land stuff. I don't know enough about the details.

Glad you agree with me on Mason Racing. I really like what those guys are up to. They'll be grooming Boston Lot for fatty fun this winter, Jason and crew got a Snowdog recently.

They'll be grooming Boston Lot for fatty fun this winter, Jason and crew got a Snowdog recently.
    I'd never heard of a Snowdog before. Those are awesome. We need one those around here.

Just put the MTB in for an overhaul. Along with the service and a few wear parts upgrades the big deal is finally going tubeless with a pair of Maxxis 29X2.35 Forekasters.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I'd never heard of a Snowdog before. Those are awesome. We need one those around here.
    You might be better off with a Rokon. Your snow depths and conditions can tend more to the marginal side and pneumatic tires are better in those situations that tracked vehicles.

You might be better off with a Rokon. Your snow depths and conditions can tend more to the marginal side and pneumatic tires are better in those situations that tracked vehicles.
    I don't think so. I had to dig down to my front door a couple yrs ago. Tracks ftw no matter what.

My knee is f'd once again. I've been on the RICE program since Saturday and it feels like it's been a month. I'm losing my mind. I need me some stemmy cell injections.

...My knee is f'd once again. I've been on the RICE program since Saturday and it feels like it's been a month. I'm losing my mind. I need me some stemmy cell injections.
    Sorry to hear it. Long term there will be other consequences but in the meantime, heal well and fast!

Thanks Rob. It’s feeling so much better already. I think I have “runners knee” which is best case scenario. Missing weds at Cannon was almost as painful. I lived vicariously thru my kid

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Funny how when your kid(s) have fun doing something you love it makes you feel better isn't it?

I got out for a dawn patrol ride this morning on the fat bike, but no pictures. Hot, fresh roasted coffee at the top.

Just about to take the 5yo out for a quick test spin on

(don't worry, I remember to put the pin in place).

If it looks good, maybe take the 1 and 3yo on a tour of the neighborhood this afternoon.

Seth

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    I got out for a dawn patrol ride this morning on the fat bike, but no pictures. Hot, fresh roasted coffee at the top.

Just about to take the 5yo out for a quick test spin on

(don't worry, I remember to put the pin in place).

If it looks good, maybe take the 1 and 3yo on a tour of the neighborhood this afternoon.

Seth
    That looks awesome!
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Got out for a two hour tour this afternoon.

Never noticed that little roller before. Stuck out well in the snow, I guess!
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Initial tests a success. Modified slightly to carry 3+. I'm suddenly thinking about rides up Going to the Sun road in glacier park and finding mellow sledding roads where I can be the rope tow. :-)

Being a rope tow sounds like a good workout

They let you ride fat bikes in GNP?
    Is so, that's cool.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

^ that looks fun!

Sure is convenient when trees fall close to old rock walls. Little work done on the lunch ride...gaining. Wind storm wreaked havoc a few weeks ago.
    It's generally considered bad form to dismantle old stone walls. I think it's actually a crime in Vt. The Log Pyramid always seems like the best bang for the buck fix to me.

New toy for the Carrabassett Valley Nemba chapter

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    It's generally considered bad form to dismantle old stone walls. I think it's actually a crime in Vt. The Log Pyramid always seems like the best bang for the buck fix to me.
    Our ancestors did whatever they wanted to the land by building these walls. Then they put barbed wire everywhere and just left it. And this is somehow better than how we're raping the land these days because it's "old". I spent two days last month reeling and cutting up old barbed wire left behind. And fwiw these walls are mostly gone anyway with only bits a pieces visible, so not like their in pristines shape. If the wall is in good shape and complete, I actually wouldn't mess with it, but ones like this I will every time.

Yeah it's conditional for me too but I will hunt for loose rocks and use logs and sticks before I will take apart what's left of old stone walls. A while back I read something about how many small forest critters have called the old walls home, whether it's furry, reptilian or even sometimes birds. I hesitate to disturb their homes but have no problem dislodging a few worms, ants, maggots, termites and water bugs when I move downed logs. the other things about using wood, especially if it's wet, is it will help the new log start breaking down more quickly.

Yeah it's conditional for me too but I will hunt for loose rocks and use logs and sticks before I will take apart what's left of old stone walls. A while back I read something about how many small forest critters have called the old walls home, whether it's furry, reptilian or even sometimes birds. I hesitate to disturb their homes but have no problem dislodging a few worms, ants, maggots, termites and water bugs when I move downed logs. the other things about using wood, especially if it's wet, is it will help the new log start breaking down more quickly.
    I'll second that.

So you're ok with man-made homes for critters in the forest.

Soap box time!

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    They let you ride fat bikes in GNP?
    Is so, that's cool.
    Just on the Going to the Sun Road. Actually, I think there may be a trail, but pretty flat/short. Would be awesome if you could ride some of those high alpine trails...

So you're ok with man-made homes for critters in the forest.

Soap box time!
    Haha, sure. I particularly like the old homesteads way out in the woods with the chimney still standing, some great critter homes in those.