Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1782
    Seems like it may be better to scratch the whole idea of bringing Cady back and find an area that got hit less hard and start from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMan View Post
    Seems like it may be better to scratch the whole idea of bringing Cady back and find an area that got hit less hard and start from scratch.
    That report seems pretty grim, definitely significantly more work than just tree removal. Knowing Stowe Mtn Bike club, they'll bust they're ass to get as many trails back as possible. They've put way too much effort into that place to let it go unrepaired and they've got the resources to recover some of it.

Losing Cady sucks but this will probably also clog up the rest of the area trails with the tourists and intermediate riders that flocked to Cady.

The Stowe thing is all about money. All they need is money, paid experts, and volunteers. All it will take is one guy with fu money and it would get done. And there is plenty of Stowers with fu money.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    That report seems pretty grim, definitely significantly more work than just tree removal. Knowing Stowe Mtn Bike club, they'll bust they're ass to get as many trails back as possible. They've put way too much effort into that place to let it go unrepaired and they've got the resources to recover some of it.

Losing Cady sucks but this will probably also clog up the rest of the area trails with the tourists and intermediate riders that flocked to Cady.
    They do seem super driven which is more than half the battle. Hope it all works out for everyone involved and living in the area.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 192
Size:  22.3 KB
    Finally feeling like fall. 41 degrees. Great afternoon for riding and continued trail cleanup and stone work.

Big rain dump yesterday, thought it would be slicker/snottier today. Was actually pretty great!

Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    Big rain dump yesterday, thought it would be slicker/snottier today. Was actually pretty great!

Ooh look it's so smooth and all the rocks are gone I have a big ride tomorrow morning with a bunch of people, good to hear it's not as sketchy as I thought it might be. I'll probably take the fatty anyway.

Ride tomorrow, trail cleanup Friday at another spot then a group ride in there on Sunday. Hopefully that's the last group I get talked into riding with this year.

One tiny trail network and so much noise. Meanwhile everyone else just fo busy. If the Stowe club ever just put their time and energy into doing work instead of meeting about it, talking about it, taking pictures, making videos, the trails would be clear. Nope....money. Give us yours so we can pay others to work so we can then celebrate our own efforts of spending others money on others work for their own flase sense of accomplishment. Been that way there for years. Stop bitching and get busy SMBC.

Crisp riding yesterday late afternoon, 33` and calm. No booties, shorts and made the mistake again with a long sleeve underlay, still got sweaty on the climbs, so this afternoon will be back to short sleeve/shorts combo. Gotta stay tough for the skin track.
    Already 39` this am.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171108_155750.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	215622
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

DaveVt It really is an interesting phenomenon.

Hmm it's colder here, will probably only top out at the temp you're at now. Gearing up to get out for a chilly 13 miler.

We're supposed to see near 50. 33 now. Will wait till about 1pm to ride.

It might get to the mid 40's here but where I'm headed it probably won't break 40 and if it does it won't be by much. Cool weather gear is in the bag and ready to go.

I've got a dawn patrol ride planned for Saturday at Green Mountain Trails. Weather says 18 degrees at dawn. I just hope it's not windy.........

I prefer my main light on my helmet and a secondary light (not often used) on my bars. I usually keep my night riding to below 1 1/2 hours so I just strap the battery pack to my helmet as well so I don't have to fiddle with all the extra cord into a backpack.

Sub 20 degrees when I woke up this morning.

First knight ride of the season last night on local trails. Started at 33' and ended at 28' after 90 minutes. Beer nicely chilled! Plenty of deadfall to still pickup after the wind last week.
    Deep breathing from my bud led to the cloud in the air...

Anyone in the Seacoast area up for a spin on Saturday? I might head that way and, depending on if anyone is around, I could bring my ride. I haven't been out in a bit so pace will be...conversational. Timing is flexible. Could also do central Maine if anyone is up here.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    Anyone in the Seacoast area up for a spin on Saturday? I might head that way and, depending on if anyone is around, I could bring my ride. I haven't been out in a bit so pace will be...conversational. Timing is flexible. Could also do central Maine if anyone is up here.
    Hmmmm I have baby duty Saturday but maybe I can call a sitter.

Great weather for pulling double sessions today. 2 hours in the am, 2 more hours after lunch. Best riding season is now. No bugs, ground firming up and limited sweat equity.

Love the abundance of granite spines, rollers and drops around here.
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 148
Size:  23.0 KB

Chilly, solo sunset ride today. 1000’ vert. So freaking fun. Whiteface snow guns blasting away in the background.

I went for a multisport day and headed to Sherburne Trails after laps at Killington. It was surprisingly slick, I had to walk through a few spots with deep mud, but still worth it. It looks like the deadfall has all been cleared up from the windstorm.

Deep mud on new trails?

Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by MrMan View Post
    Deep mud on new trails?
    Yeah in 2 or 3 spots on Ohly Roller.

Quote Originally Posted by AyoBeng View Post
    Yeah in 2 or 3 spots on Ohly Roller.
    Thats the problem with digging or machine build trail where the durable top layer of duff is removed. It's like pulling into a construction site where a new foundation has just gone in. After a rain all that bulldozed dirt and area around the foundation can be like a soft soggy mud pit. Then every time a freeze/thaw happens the machine built stuff gets shut down till it dries out.

No bueno.

Probably a more suitable reply for the rant thread.

Quote Originally Posted by AyoBeng View Post
    I went for a multisport day and headed to Sherburne Trails after laps at Killington. It was surprisingly slick, I had to walk through a few spots with deep mud, but still worth it. It looks like the deadfall has all been cleared up from the windstorm.
    Whoa, that looks really, really good. Where does one park for that?
    crab in my shoe mouth